we need gold banks back

we need gold banks back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Steel Courage.1250

Steel Courage.1250

I get it in 2013 when the wallet system was made it put all of the gold you had stored into one little bunch. We need banks back. People have guilds that are used only for banks. Its getting annoying thats what you have to do. We need our old bank store back or a new tab for it or something to store gold to save up.

[MAD] Malicious And Dangerous-Maguma

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

I can’t even comprehend this.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

You’re not the only one.

So, we have a bank, but OP wants another bank?

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You’re not the only one.

So, we have a bank, but OP wants another bank?

If I understand him correctly, he wants the regular bank to function as a checking account and a separate banking function that can be used as a savings account. People now are using personal guild banks as a savings account, but it’s unwieldy and if your account is hacked and your personal guild bank is cleaned out, you lose everything in it as rollbacks aren’t offered for guilds.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

If anything, Anet should remove the storage of gold in the guild bank. If their goal is to prevent hacking, what stops a hacked character from joining a hack guild and making a huge deposit to the bank, then laundering the money to alts in the guild, etc… It’s a completely unnecessary function, unless I am missing a reason for a guild to have gold storage.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Checking account vs. Savings account is the perfect way to phrase it. And yes, I would like this back. I know I can use a personal guild bank or a dummy buy order on the TP but I would rather have it in my personal bank. Doesn’t clutter the TP, easier to access and manage, and no security issues with guild bank.

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

I don’t understand this. Why can’t you just save up from your wallet like everyone else?

we need gold banks back

Just a flesh wound.3589

Two separate lines of bank deposit in each bank. The first is the one that gold automatically goes into while playing (checking account). The other, you withdraw from checking and deposit manually into it (savings account). The reasons why people want it, the same reasons why real world banks offer checking and savings accounts. Can’t accidentally spend the full amount. Allows you to save up for big purchases easier for people who have impulse buying problems.

ANet may give it to you.

we need gold banks back

Shaaba.5672

I don’t understand this. Why can’t you just save up from your wallet like everyone else?

Well, it’s been explained, but I will outline how I use it. After each gaming session I put a set amount of gold into my personal guild bank. It’s a fairly small amount, but it’s every time I play. Just like a percentage of my paycheck is automatically deposited into my savings account. Out of sight out of mind. The money I have in my wallet is now free and clear to spend on whatever catches my eye.

I like to have a rainy day fund. I do the same with gems – buy a few each day so that I don’t have to deal with inflated prices when there’s a mad rush. It’s just a habit I’ve gotten into and it’s a system that works for me in game and in real life.

we need gold banks back

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Maybe he have like 10,000 gold. He have to be extra cautious when buying things or sending mail. Since he dont’ want to accidently input the wrong amount.

I hope this not a april fool’s joke.

That being said probably very small amount of people(active trader, guild orgznizer etc) is affected.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

Well, it’s been explained, but I will outline how I use it. After each gaming session I put a set amount of gold into my personal guild bank. It’s a fairly small amount, but it’s every time I play. Just like a percentage of my paycheck is automatically deposited into my savings account. Out of sight out of mind. The money I have in my wallet is now free and clear to spend on whatever catches my eye.

I like to have a rainy day fund. I do the same with gems – buy a few each day so that I don’t have to deal with inflated prices when there’s a mad rush. It’s just a habit I’ve gotten into and it’s a system that works for me in game and in real life.

Sounds unnecessary. I just use this crazy thing called discipline.

we need gold banks back

Posted by: mementomori.8372

mementomori.8372

Although my opinion would be that any money that simply sits in your bank without even collecting interest is wasted (invest it!), if you simply want to hide your money so you don’t spend it, why not put it into a super low buy order for something like Eternity? The TP will hold it for you and there’s no risk of losing it (heck, if it somehow gets filled for that price, you win anyway XD).

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Wretchedscar.4796

Wretchedscar.4796

Different people work different ways. Back before the wallet, keeping most my alts at a set amount of gold and putting the rest in the bank worked well for me. It was my savings. It helped me save. If i have the gold in hand i tend to spend it.

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I wouldn’t mind having a bank i can deposit gold and items in that has a password i’d have to type in before anything can be taken out.

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I wouldn’t mind having a bank i can deposit gold and items in that has a password i’d have to type in before anything can be taken out.

I’d love for my bank to have an option Password Option! Where I can store my stuff and money in case I ever get hacked (not likely to happen since I am quite security conscious). The idea just sounds grand to me.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

we need gold banks back

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s not unusual at all for people to set aside money in order to save it or not spend it. An old method was the Envelope method, used by people who don’t have much money and live paycheck to paycheck or have trouble living within their means.

It’s fairly common for people to have trouble controlling spending when the money is easily accessible. That’s why they used methods to separate the money they can spend from the money they shouldn’t. It wouldn’t hurt for ANet to recognize common human behavior and common human failings and give them a secure way to save their gold separate from the gold they can spend.

It’s easy to say, be disciplined. However it’s simply a common part of human nature to find it easy to save if the money to be saved can be separated from the money to be spent.

ANet may give it to you.

we need gold banks back

Shaaba.5672

It’s not even a problem with discipline, it’s just a QoL feature I would like. I’m taking this opportunity to voice my opinion. If it doesn’t happen, fine, if it does, great.

I can’t help but shake my head at people who are berating those of us who like this idea about discipline. I mean, what? Do you not have a savings account at your bank? I know this is a game and not life, but it’s not like it’s a foreign concept. Believe it or not, I do manage to not spend all my pocket money (in and out of game) just because it’s there. I just like to have a goal to work towards and watch the progress.

(Sorry, it’s not just this thread that people are talking about discipline – it’s the other one too and my annoyance spilled over into this one)

(edited by Shaaba.5672)

we need gold banks back

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

Only thing I use my personal guild bank for is transfering between my two accounts, which this will make it a bit harder. But not really, I mainly use it to move items and gold from my mule account to my main. Gold is never going to be over 500 a week so it doesn’t bother me.

It’ll bother some but really only a very small percentage will be bothered beyond buying gold. That of which you can do through Anet and gem conversion.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Steel Courage.1250

Steel Courage.1250

We just need them back, yes all of the posts are EXACTLY what i meant, but something needs to be done

[MAD] Malicious And Dangerous-Maguma

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

It’s fairly common for people to have trouble controlling spending when the money is easily accessible.

And that’s not entirely their faults… how, exactly? Last I checked it’s completely possible to not spend money on something if you’re trying to save. Impulse be kitten ed, if you don’t know what’s important to you, I fail to see why that’s anyone’s problem but your own.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just place a buy order for Xunlai Ingots or then cancel that buy order. The gold will not be in your wallet. Or place incremental buy orders well below the minimum amount it would take to fill them. For example, place 20 buy orders for Twilight at 100G an order. You can then cancel them in the various increments as you need them.

we need gold banks back

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t find it hard to be disciplined about my gold and buying things but I do find it significantly easier to save towards purchases using a separate place to put my ingame gold. I put gold in my personal guild bank to save up for buying gems. It’s easier that way. A little bit of gold a day until I reach 50 gold then I buy gems. It’s harder from my “checking” account as I never know when I have that 50 gold saved, since I don’t normally remember the starting point unless I write it down.

My problem with using my guild bank is the knowledge that it’s not secure. I guess I could do the “post a buy order of 1 gold a day for a precursor” route but that’s a cumbersome, inelegant way to do it.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

we need gold banks back

Shaaba.5672

I’m not sure why you chose my post to reply to since I think we’re on the same side of this divide?

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Sounds like a completely pointless and irrational request that isn’t worth the developer’s time, personally. Learn self control I guess.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

This is one of the silliest ideas I’ve ever heard.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

I agree with OP, I like it having some money out of my mind.
Also it’s just dumb i have to use my guild bank for this and in total right now 5 guild banks for items because my normal bank is full.
I use multiple money depositions because I keep track of my trading income in that way.
It’s way cheaper to use banks instead of (new accounts and) new characters that’s even more stupid.
300 Slot guild bank costs ~110g, if you buy characterslots with gems and so on, it costs way more for the same storage and accounts cost real money. The bad thing is now my main account has no space for guilds anymore and i have to start using a second account for more guild banks.
Also guild banks are bad to handle since you cant quickly move in and out items – you have to manually klick and draw each one out. I HATE THIS SYSTEM. It’s just bad design for people who are dealing with a huge amount of items.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

we need gold banks back

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m not sure why you chose my post to reply to since I think we’re on the same side of this divide?

I was agreeing with what you said and adding more to the debate. Edited my post to remove your quote to avoid confusion.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

we need gold banks back

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They want you to buy bank, bag and inventory slots and they want you to spend money. Stop defying them and exploiting guild storage.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

we need gold banks back

Shaaba.5672

They want you to buy bank, bag and inventory slots and they want you to spend money. Stop defying them and exploiting guild storage.

Well, aparently Anet said to use guild banks when they took away the gold deposit on the personal banks, so … No :p