wings wings and more wings?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Why so many wings. Gem store black and white wings. Fractal backpiece wing. Pvp backpiece wings. Sclerite karka shell looks like some kind of tentacle wing. Spinal backpiece also look like wings, bat wing glider well is obviously in its name, butterfly wings, shiny winx club wings. Why so many wings? I’m all for wings, I LOVE wings! But pls Anet, unless you have some obsession with becoming an angel/batman/bird/Demon, I don’t see why is there a need for so many wing designs. Can we have more variety? Maybe an actual backpack that represents something other than mastery of your crafting profession for once in a Long Long Long time now. WINGS! Is your backpack designer incapable of creating a stylish cool looking shiny backpack? Old fractal backpiece was shiny yea but it’s just a circle.. Flowers, mantles, random spikey things, it seems everything can be shiny except a normal backpack. The only shiny backpack I can think of is the SAB one which isn’t particularly cool IMO more of a fun backpack. Pls Anet get some new ideas besides wings.

TLDR: I’d like a backpack which is cool and shiny and still look like I would be able to put at least my wallet in it.

(edited by Zach.2618)

Posted by: Myralien.6754

Myralien.6754

And the copious number of back pieces that aren’t wings? you know.. the majority of them?

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

I kind of have seen a lot of wings lately too. LWS2, Hot, Haliween, now pvp.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

There is 145 different skin for back item. There is 13 wings back item, 18 if you count all those later bladed Back Item which isn’t really wings, but look a bit like it.

There is still 127 back items that doesn’t look like wings at all.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

There is 145 different skin for back item. There is 13 wings back item, 18 if you count all those later bladed Back Item which isn’t really wings, but look a bit like it.

There is still 127 back items that doesn’t look like wings at all.

And the problem is, around 80% of 127 back pieces that’re not wings are fugly as hell.

I think that’s why wings stand out. They don’t need too much creativity, yet they often look good.

Anyway, all that aside, i really think anet should start adding capes as back item..

Posted by: Draugl.8079

Draugl.8079

At least for the “high end” backpieces they seem to go with wings atm.
I would prefer something else as im not that much into these overly large backpacks, but looking at the whole of backpieces there are many different ones even if you dont count the ridiculous amount of crafting backpieces^^

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I kind of have seen a lot of wings lately too. LWS2, Hot, Haliween, now pvp.

There weren’t any wings during S2…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

I agree, most of the backpacks and especially the crafting backpacks are pure ugliness.
we need different style quivers, a sword back item that cant be wield, i know they wont do long capes but at least some sort of short capes or clothing items.

Attachments:

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

+1 for the turtle hermit’s shell!!

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

The plethora and popularity of wings recently makes sense. They like to make them into gliders. My favorite backpiece is still Mad King’s Memoires. Unfortunately not easy to make a glider out of that.

It’s all about the gliders right now!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yes there are wings, and yes people use them more than other skins, but let’s be real, a big powerful warrior, in full plate, wouldn’t wear some lame leather backpack like they were going to summer camp.

Scabbards, quivers, and capes. Those are your true back items. All of this other stuff is frilly non-sense, and if we’re gonna have frilly non-sense items, then sign me up for some sparkle wings.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Wings wings but no Guild wings, which is the one wing I want.

Also what is the deal with Norns flying? Clearly that is not a physical possibility. That’s even less likely than pigs flying.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Because they sell.

/thread

Posted by: Temujin.7356

Temujin.7356

I was thinking about guild gliders as well, Glass Hand. If they can give us the HoT logo glider, certainly they can put a guild emblem on a glider.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You had me excited for a moment there. I thought they released the gold wings.