WINGS!

WINGS!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

There is nothing polluting or ridiculous about them aside from being too popular.

And, you know, heinously large and showy, at least for something that took zero imagination

You’re free to close your eyes, because we have worse options for back skins.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

WINGS!

Posted by: Lillith.3018

Lillith.3018

They’re too big.
They’re actually dark grey not black.
Everybody and their Mom is getting them.
Game looks like a cookie-cutter Korean game atm.
No thanks.

Ya some of the stuff they’ve added to this game is ridiculous. Super sayian charr hair, neon colored hair, these wings and the list goes on. Makes me wonder if I’m still in Tyria anymore…

I have to agree with this one. I left that last game that had these wings, now I feel like I’m right back there. Everyone’s wearing them and frankly it looks ridiculous.

What exactly do they have to do with Tyria? Where’s the lore behind these?

It reminds me of a Korean game I used to play a few years ago. Desperate for cash game, they actually came up with all kinds of wing models and sizes, the thing was that the game didn’t really have a lore to talk about. That, and also, the fact that with those wings you could, you know, FLY.

I wonder about all the models of gliders that will show up in gemstore in HoT now.

LOL yea, walking around with wings and not being able to actually fly is, well…ridiculous.
Although I would definitely consider some glider models…perhaps butterfly wing gliders, or dragon wing gliders…etc. I’m sure those are in the future gem shop when HoT releases.
Until then…

Vive’ La Yaks Bend !

WINGS!

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

I just bought the wings and now I immediately put in a refund request. One would thing that for 500 gems that there would be some basic animation to them. Instead, they have nothing. They don’t move at all when jumping and they swing about awkwardly when you run.

If you hoped that these things would have some form of animation, do not buy these. If you like them because they are pretty and you can put up with zero animation whatsoever, go for it. I was not impressed though. It looks amazing but they could have pushed the animations a little further.

WINGS!

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Theyre far too big on non-asuras.

I bought them with gold nevertheless, but its too much, Anet please get more sleek designs next, we got enough anime sized greatswords – and i love anime.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

WINGS!

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I will rock them. I remember when the age first came out, and having a back model was pretty much rare for most people.

WINGS!

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Woah, the wings are only available for 1 day, and the gem price increases a lot lol
Black wings everywhere! xD

I’m gonna wait for the white or the soft pink ones ^-^

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

WINGS!

Posted by: Roxim.2517

Roxim.2517

Please make more of these, I’m in love with them.

Attachments:

WINGS!

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

There is nothing polluting or ridiculous about them aside from being too popular.

And, you know, heinously large and showy, at least for something that took zero imagination

They are probably a response to people asking for larger wings since the Dwayna back skin arrived. We complained that they were too small, now we will complain that they’re too big

I’m predicting White Angel Wings in two weeks, and Red Wings of Death shortly after. I’m not sure if I want to bet on Ghastly Green Wings yet.

WINGS!

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Enough with the wings allready please for the love of elementalist.

WINGS!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

What price?

500 gems for the wings.

Nice, that’s way cheaper than I expected.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

WINGS!

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Woah, the wings are only available for 1 day, and the gem price increases a lot lol
Black wings everywhere! xD

I’m gonna wait for the white or the soft pink ones ^-^

Yeah, it’s a limited time special. To quote them…

‘Breaking news! We’re releasing future items early for one day only! Through Friday, check the Gem Store each day this week for an exciting limited-time item! And don’t forget, our Lunar New Year items will only be on sale for a little while longer!’

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/limited-time-special-items-in-the-gem-store-this-week/

So, yeah, these (and hopefully more) will be back again.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

WINGS!

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

Makes me wonder how many people would be all hunky dory with wings if they had been included with the Lich Outfit (which I am sure people would have asked for them to be separate anyway) or if they were instead white and named after Dwayna.

They are a tad on the large size, and personally I would like to have seen them at half of the scale they are now. Really hoping for a white pair eventually for my guardian, ANet make it happen please!

WINGS!

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Without the ability to fly, these look ridiculous.

As a part-time Necromancer, fearing a zerg off a cliff with half the people wearing them was the most delicious type of irony. I’m afraid I might never tire of it.

Maybe I’m ok with these after all…

Penguins also have wings, but doesn’t mean they fly

WINGS!

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Meh it cool, but probably are a bit too big and are kind of intrusive due to such especially with so many using them lol. I would maybe get the bound to come white wings for my guard through.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

WINGS!

Posted by: Thorgal.1296

Thorgal.1296

These wings are a perfect match for my Mesmer .

Attachments:

WINGS!

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

Look great on my Necro.

Attachments:

WINGS!

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Bling over content/fixes and balance—-so sad.

WINGS!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

We have truly entered the Age of Raven.

Attachments:

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

WINGS!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

You’re free to close your eyes, because we have worse options for back skins.

At least a lot of them are fairly unique. This is pure MMO trope and guaranteed loads of cash.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

WINGS!

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Meh they look silly and don’t even flap . sticking with my holo dragon wings

WINGS!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m so glad they don’t flap. I hate that the other wings flap even though I’m standing still and definitely not flying.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

WINGS!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Wings in white please, why just black?

MY opinion is that it’s Daniel Dociu fault. Dark, muted, broken, old, dead, dirty, you name the look of something in an unhealthy state and that’s his artwork in a nutshell. Wishing they’d hire someone with different taste to add more dimension and depth to the game finally.

We should either buy these to completely cause havoc and maybe they’ll tweak these smaller. Or, start wearing the holographic wings to counter it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

WINGS!

Posted by: flasbang.5102

flasbang.5102

Now we just need the bunny ears back for 24hrs

WINGS!

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

werent the same wings available in gw1 when aion went f2p or something like that?

WINGS!

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Oh great I was wondering when this was going to happen. I hate wings so much in every single game I play it’s the stupidest thing because everyone always goes apekitten over them. And every time they come and make an appearance in an MMO I like they just make it look like a crappy bad anime fest, or some low budget Korean game. Whatever.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

WINGS!

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

This just makes me miss the wings in CoH.

WINGS!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Which were the BEST.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

WINGS!

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

It really does… ;-;

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

WINGS!

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

werent the same wings available in gw1 when aion went f2p or something like that?

It was when Aion first came out as a promotion.

WINGS!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There was an emote you could buy but the wings only lasted a few seconds.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Aion_wings

The only other wings, besides the Paragon skill wings, were the black wings that were part of the Raiment of the Lich costume.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

WINGS!

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Only one day ? :| They should add an out a game gem store if it’s possible.

Attachments:

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

WINGS!

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

:D

Attachments:

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

WINGS!

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

You are all doing it wrong. WITNESS THE TRIBAL GOD!

Attachments:

WINGS!

Posted by: abbetd.5912

abbetd.5912

This is exactly why I will not be getting the wings. For me, there is no appeal to looking like everyone else. If it could at least be dyed , I’d consider it, but pain black wings that everyone else is wearing just doesn’t loosen my wallet.

WINGS!

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

Besides the idle animation on the wings, they look extremely stiff while jumping and running and since you can’t dye them i won’t be getting it. i don’t trust anet when it comes to these certain items, i’m sure they’re going to release a white version of these wings like they did with the colored masks.

~ please put more effort into your gem-store items.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

WINGS!

Posted by: protoss.1603

protoss.1603

A problem: they vanish during animated emotes. No dancing, pointing, etc.

They don’t flap when running or idling, just bob back and forth as they maintain their position relative to the character’s back. I think they tuck slightly on a dodge roll but I’m not sure.

Anyone else feels a bit dissapointed about this? Sure the wings are really cool, looks amazing while doing nothing but once you start running they feel so clunky. In this game where most items have nice physical animations is such a down that the wings doesnt have any feel of realism when you start moving… They are like stone wings… It was just breakheart to me. Please ArenaNet ;-;

WINGS!

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

This is exactly why I will not be getting the wings. For me, there is no appeal to looking like everyone else. If it could at least be dyed , I’d consider it, but pain black wings that everyone else is wearing just doesn’t loosen my wallet.

These things are on sale for 1 day who knows when they will be back. Lel just dont be posting tomorrow asking for it back when you realize not that many people got them.

WINGS!

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

There was an emote you could buy but the wings only lasted a few seconds.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Aion_wings

The only other wings, besides the Paragon skill wings, were the black wings that were part of the Raiment of the Lich costume.

Just like on my Ranger now.

Attachments:

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

WINGS!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m not really sure why people were expecting them to be fully animated.

They aren’t real wings. They’re a backpack, an accessory. Its like a cosplayer strapping a set of wings to their back. They aren’t going to actually move and function like real wings.

Even the holographic wings just move in a loop regardless of what you’re doing, they don’t animate based on your jumps or running or anything.

WINGS!

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

That is all.

/15char

i can already see the flood of edgelords in the RP community using these…
Baaack to my hiatus then lol

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

WINGS!

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

I don’t care, I’ve always wanted to play as a Hawkmen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VnTHypbLlkE#t=181

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

WINGS!

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I’m so glad they don’t flap. I hate that the other wings flap even though I’m standing still and definitely not flying.

Which is a fair point, but if the black ones stay completely still regardless of what you do, then they still look weird. I would’ve like to have gotten the teq wings since I have a mini teq. he looks like a familiar flapping next to my necro. Having matching wings would have been nice thematically, despite my necro never having fought teq. My warr and ranger do that

WINGS!

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

You look like a harpy

hmmm bloods are 50s each

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24295

lets get him

I’ll immobilize him, you hit him with a rock. We can siphon him after that.

NSPride <3

WINGS!

Posted by: flasbang.5102

flasbang.5102

Yess i love these wings

(btw does this glitch happen to anyone else when they are on sparkfly fen and they invisble?)

Attachments:

WINGS!

protoss.1603

They aren’t real wings. They’re a backpack, an accessory. Its like a cosplayer strapping a set of wings to their back. They aren’t going to actually move and function like real wings.

Even the holographic wings just move in a loop regardless of what you’re doing, they don’t animate based on your jumps or running or anything.

I’m not looking for a super special animation, just a standard feel of feather wings while running around or moving like pretty much all the others backpack pieces (Beta Fractal Capacitor (Infused), Light of Dwayna, Shadow of Grenth, ALL the doll back items, etc…). Its just awkward that they are supposed to be feathers and dont even move when you move lol.

WINGS!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m not looking for a super special animation, just a standard feel of feather wings while running around or moving like pretty much all the others backpack pieces (Beta Fractal Capacitor (Infused), Light of Dwayna, Shadow of Grenth, ALL the doll back items, etc…). Its just awkward that they are supposed to be feathers and dont even move when you move lol.

I’d say that’s more wanting them to be physics-enabled than animated, but I suppose its just different terms for the same thing.

WINGS!

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

‘When everybody has wings, nobody has wings.’

Thumbs down from me.

WINGS!

protoss.1603

I’d say that’s more wanting them to be physics-enabled than animated, but I suppose its just different terms for the same thing.

True. Its like having a cape that doesnt flow with the wind haha.

(edited by protoss.1603)

WINGS!

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Now we just need the bunny ears back for 24hrs

Oh yes!!
This please~
Anet, could you please put back the bunny ears on sale for 1 day?
It’s also almost Easter.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

WINGS!

Posted by: npast.5608

npast.5608

Suggestion. Just as there are items that require tons of work in the game, in addition to the new wings item, create some super wings item that requires 500000 gems to purchase. For those of us who spend all their time grinding $$ in the real life And make its equivalent attainable in the game too, but maybe different color… At least then you won’t see every other person running with the new shiny item.