WP too expensive?

WP too expensive?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Please mods, dont move this thread to a dead forum, leave it here where it has a chance of being seen.

Im talking about how I usually lose money wanting to participate in that event across the map where the cost of traveling is almost twice the reward of said event.

I would have no problems if the maybe there was some good loot but ever since release I have noticed how it gets harder and harder to get good items or even coins, to the point where I would dare to say 3/10 times they dont even drop anything, and usually 2/10 I get a useful drop that isnt a “junk”.

I thought this game wasnt about grinding, but Im starting to feel like I need to grind just as much (if not more for certain items and mats) to get to something.

I work part-time and study full time so I dont have lot of free time, Im kinda broke which is why I cant afford to expend a lot of cash, but how I see it now I wouldnt even risk cash on a game when I see that it is a necessity in order to get boosters and that even then I dont get too far with it.

Anet please could you please decrease the cost of WP or increase a little the rewards of events and/or drops before you move this thread to a dead forum where it will never see the light of posters ever again?

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

WP too expensive?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

WP costs are fine. You need gold sinks in the game.

The range of a WP cost is 1s to 4S. Most likely you’re talking inbetween.

That’s something like 4 blues or 1 green drop.

If you are there for the event from start to finish, you will get more than enough to profit off the event.

If you get there seconds before it ends, obviously you lose.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

WP too expensive?

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I have a REALLY hard time making money in this game, I do some TP but the gains are marginals and take TIME, most of the money I make is usually in the range of 1s-3s at most, and thats after selling a lot of stuff. I dont mind walking everywhere sometimes, but when I only have 2-3 hours of gamplay I want to travel around the map looking for fun events. I understand we need goldsinks, but as a poor, casual player they are too rough.

If anything make them scale based on total amount of gold you own overall (including bank) up to acap, that way poor people dont suffer that much and Anet gets to decrease inflation a bit on overly rich people.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

WP too expensive?

Posted by: AVHero.7382

AVHero.7382

I am on both sides of the fence. I hated the costs of WP when I hit 80, because I was broke and spending a few silver pieces per jump was ridiculous. Now, I’m not as bothered by it, but I still avoid jumping unless it is hyper inconvenient not to. I don’t WP to Lion’s Arch ever; I enter WvW and walk through the LA portal. If a zone I am going to is really close to a starting zone, I’ll go to LA and port to that city before teleporting. If I am within a zone trying to 100% it, I try to maximize my efficiency so that I do not waypoint at all while I am in the zone to maximize profits and minimize expenditures.

On the other hand, if somebody needs my help somewhere or I’m going to play with a friend, I’ll waypoint there no problem. I make up the money I spend using WPs before I have time to use another.

If you think about it in overall amounts of money you have lost, it is a bit discouraging. I have probably spent a few gold pieces just using waypoints. But the cost is manageable if you plan accordingly.

WP too expensive?

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

WPs and repair bills are too expensive at 80, that’s for #^

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

WP too expensive?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I’d prefer them to double repair costs (discourage dying) and cut travel fees in half (encourage people to go places).

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

WP too expensive?

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I don’t think this is true at all. When you first hit 80 this might be rough, but just spend a little time farming or doing dungeons and you’ll be fine. You get 26 silver per dungeon run which will get you a couple of way points. Go do AC explorable paths and you should have at least a gold.

Like somebody above said, you get one green item from an event and that’s the cost of the WP. Add up the junk sales, blues, salvage materials, etc. and you will definitely come out ahead. The only way you’re really going to be losing money is if you teleport all over the map to get different POIs or SP challenges.

RIP in peace Robert

WP too expensive?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Gold sinks are fine when the means of acquiring sufficient gold are there. The problem people are experiencing, and why you see these threads, is that gold in terms of income and expenses is unbalanced in the favor of expenses. These kinds of balance issues are to be expected in a new game, but I worry that the presence of RMT will complicate things. The game is currently not rewarding for those averse to the TP Tycoon mini-game.

WP too expensive?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Gold sinks are fine when the means of acquiring sufficient gold are there. The problem people are experiencing, and why you see these threads, is that gold in terms of income and expenses is unbalanced in the favor of expenses. These kinds of balance issues are to be expected in a new game, but I worry that the presence of RMT will complicate things. The game is currently not rewarding for those averse to the TP Tycoon mini-game.

Yes, you can make a load of money of the TP. But you can also make a good amount of money playing the game.

I grinded hardcore in a week and a half. And I ended up with 500g.
If you’re not hardcore, then you can still do dungeons and end up with a ton of money

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

WP too expensive?

Posted by: pencapchew.5432

pencapchew.5432

Meh, WP costs are fine. The most ive paid is about 3-4 silver. Farming nodes and killing stuff while in a zone covers all my wp costs. Way over it.

In one two hour session of playing ( not farming. Just running the events and killing stuff) I made about 6 gold while out in Orr. I salvage everything I cant use. Which is pretty much everything, including rares and exotics ( If any drop ) I Just sell to the highest buyer.

Right now I am socking all my mats away for a week. Going to do a massive TP dump this Sunday. Curious to see how much gold I get. I got a lot of stuff in there.

WP too expensive?

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

The only issue I have with WP costs is that they scale with your character’s level, not the zone level.

I think it should be much cheaper to use WPs on my level 80 in low level zones.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

WP too expensive?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Hey OP, I had the same concerns about WP costs when I was leveling. I think mid to cap was when I was feeling it the most.

But I can assure you once you hit max level that it’s not even a concern when one fractal or dungeon run will get you 2-5g.