WTB Mordrem Bloom items for Gems.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sharkswithlazers.7632

sharkswithlazers.7632

I may get some flak for this, but my wife and I have played this game for years now. There are literally only 3 items that I don’t have that I regret not getting.

Selfless Potion
Scarlet’s Spaulders
Scarlets Gloves

Seriously, of all the items in the game that I missed (for various reasons) those are the top of the list. I was sincerely hoping to find the scarlet ones during the 21-day sale. Instead, during my first round of Finals in college, you guys put out an event that would require 24 hours of grinding to get all 3 items. I don’t have that kind of time.

The nature of the event makes it to where I have to be online and actively participating (at break neck speeds) in a single event (not even counting dailies or my fractal) that gives no rewards while I grind away for a currency that will only be good for 3 more days.

These aren’t new items. They aren’t badges of respect for the players who have them. 2/3 of them were gem purchasable for a long time already. I’m willing to buy them, but as a father and student, I just can’t spend a solid 24 hours of time grinding one event over and over for three days.

Please either extend the time we have to grind or offer the big ticket items for Gem Purchases. That’s pretty much the entire point of gems right? Aesthetic Items that offer little value outside of convenience or style?

Anyways, ANet pls.

sharkswithlazers.7632

I said finals, I meant exams. Pls don’t crucify me for my audacity to error.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Sometimes you have to set priorities in life. If you miss an item you should not feel bad about it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

With the daily reward and at least 10 tags per event, you’re looking at 7 total events to get a skin. 3.5 hours in 4 days is not exactly a ridiculous grind, and expecting to pick up 3 rare items in one event is over-entitled to the point of silly.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

apparently arenanet’s design is working as intended just by reading the title. well played, arenanet. well played. once you’ve hooked the mobile market you need do nothing more than rope in players who just want to stand around in town wearing stuff they bought in the gem shop.

mission accomplished.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

sharkswithlazers.7632

So, Iason Evan… I hate being rude but… You don’t know me. I have 9 legendaries that I’ve made since this game launched. I want those items because they look amazing. Also, while there are players who wear gem armor, why would you care? They supported a game you probably love to play. In the real world, billions of people offer their currency in exchange for goods and services, why is this any different? I am asking to make gem store items purchasable by paying gems. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable here.

sharkswithlazers.7632

Loxias, I agree, individual items may seem more manageable, but I want it all! (lol) The trouble is that trying to get all of those items would take just a huge amount of time. I am totally cool with that. But this event is going away very soon, which is the bummer portion of my complaint. I would love to farm this event until I’ve gleaned all I can from it’s vendors but we frankly don’t have the time to do that. At least I don’t, anyways. :P

sharkswithlazers.7632

apparently arenanet’s design is working as intended just by reading the title. well played, arenanet. well played. once you’ve hooked the mobile market you need do nothing more than rope in players who just want to stand around in town wearing stuff they bought in the gem shop.

mission accomplished.

Actually, one more thing. I really can’t even understand the mind set of someone like this. Do you suppose that ANet deviously plots a nefarious scheme all day that has hooked the minds of the noobs of guild wars 2? Seriously, like who do you hate more, people who spend their money to support the game you play, the company who makes that game, or the “mobile market”? Man, I just… how do you get like that? You’re so distrustful. Mayhaps I’m reading into this so much, but your comment just seems so out of place. So … irrational.

Iason Evan.3806

mission accomplished.

Actually, one more thing. I really can’t even understand the mind set of someone like this. Do you suppose that ANet deviously plots a nefarious scheme all day that has hooked the minds of the noobs of guild wars 2? Seriously, like who do you hate more, people who spend their money to support the game you play, the company who makes that game, or the “mobile market”? Man, I just… how do you get like that? You’re so distrustful. Mayhaps I’m reading into this so much, but your comment just seems so out of place. So … irrational.

just a bit of sarcasm. i was the one that started the feedback thread. my criticisms of said event were very fair and constructive.

when people actively ask for stuff to just be sold for real money as opposed to asking for a better effort from arenanet in their design process…that’s when i am gonna leave a little snark. we as players should get a better effort from arenanet in the quality department, don’t you think? players shouldn’t feel that the content is so grindy that they need to ask for the “rewards” for gems instead of asking arenanet to do a better job.

sharkswithlazers.7632

Alright, at least you weren’t completely serious.

As far as rewards go, I would never have asked for gem purchasable rewards provided they were new items. That totally devalues the item, IMO. However, these are old items that have been in the game for years that are being rereleased to people who missed them. However, the window to get them is tiny and the effort is huge. In addition, I read your post, it was totally well thought out. I agree, this event was awful that it asked us to grind (hours upon hours) for no loot, no reward save for older items repackaged for sale. This whole thing was flubbed.

I agree that this wasn’t the quality content that anyone was hoping to see. It was supposed to rev us up for HoT but instead it actually made me a little uneasy. My biggest hope is that this was a quickly thrown together idea to fill the gap between now and HoT and it didn’t receive the full attention that HoT got.

I was only asking that items, that were once on sale in the first place, be purchasable again. (maybe with an exception for that kitten selfless potion).

Iason Evan.3806

Alright, at least you weren’t completely serious.

As far as rewards go, I would never have asked for gem purchasable rewards provided they were new items. That totally devalues the item, IMO. However, these are old items that have been in the game for years that are being rereleased to people who missed them. However, the window to get them is tiny and the effort is huge. In addition, I read your post, it was totally well thought out. I agree, this event was awful that it asked us to grind (hours upon hours) for no loot, no reward save for older items repackaged for sale. This whole thing was flubbed.

I agree that this wasn’t the quality content that anyone was hoping to see. It was supposed to rev us up for HoT but instead it actually made me a little uneasy. My biggest hope is that this was a quickly thrown together idea to fill the gap between now and HoT and it didn’t receive the full attention that HoT got.

I was only asking that items, that were once on sale in the first place, be purchasable again. (maybe with an exception for that kitten selfless potion).

i hear ya man and i share your frustration. we can only hope they really listen to what we are saying to them and do a better job. when arenanet is on their game there isn’t anyone better in the mmo industry. after 8+months of waiting for new content though, this release sadly misses the mark by a wide margin.

i hate to put on my tinfoil hat but i am almost of the mind that they were using this as a test for stuff in HoT. there is no way a producer vetted this content and saw it as even marginally acceptable. if it were me, i’d have a checklist and this event wouldn’t have crossed off any of the requirements except for “Is it an event?”. The rest would be something like this:

• Is the event engaging to play through?
  • Are the rewards good?
  • Are there achievements to be had"
  • Do the achievements feel like their own reward?
  • Is this an event you would replay multiple times even after getting all the achievements? Why?
  • Did we mask the fact that we are using this as a test for future content enough or is it pretty obvious?

The last one wouldn’t be on my checklist, but I can’t help but thinking it. Cheers to you!