WTH is this in Nothern Shiverpeaks?????

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: conradpedalo.5381

conradpedalo.5381

First time this showed up on my map overview. Any clues as to what this is?

Attachments:

Just let me die so I can waypoint out this mess

conradpedalo.5381

Here’s a zoomed out view you can see it in the north

Attachments:

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

It’s the remains of the eye of the north. You can get there by using a hall of monuments portal stone http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments_Portal_Stone

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

conradpedalo.5381

Thank you. In all my days I never noticed that .

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

It’s for the GW1 veterans to get their skins. Or to sit down and ponder the meaning of life with the spirits of your ancestors.

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Speak to an NPC named Scornheart and he will give you a portal stone. He is at the Vigil in Gendarran fields in a cave underneath the bridge heading to the refugee camp.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

If you don’t have any GW1 Hall of Monuments rewards, a Portal Stone can STILL be very handy to have. You use the Stone to teleport to the Hall of Monuments. When you leave the Hall, you are returned to the spot where you left.

So if the phone rings, or the pizza delivery guy rings the doorbell, or if nature calls and you can’t hold it in any longer, the Hall of Monuments can be your “AFK Safe House”. A way to “pause the game” without logging out. Of course there is always the possibility that your return location will be under attack when you leave the Hall, but that’s better than being attacked while you’re AFK.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: The Pointless.3869

The Pointless.3869

If you don’t have any GW1 Hall of Monuments rewards, a Portal Stone can STILL be very handy to have. You use the Stone to teleport to the Hall of Monuments. When you leave the Hall, you are returned to the spot where you left.

So if the phone rings, or the pizza delivery guy rings the doorbell, or if nature calls and you can’t hold it in any longer, the Hall of Monuments can be your “AFK Safe House”. A way to “pause the game” without logging out. Of course there is always the possibility that your return location will be under attack when you leave the Hall, but that’s better than being attacked while you’re AFK.

Flip me, that’s actually pretty genius. o_O

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Speak to an NPC named Scornheart and he will give you a portal stone. He is at the Vigil in Gendarran fields in a cave underneath the bridge heading to the refugee camp.

Scornheart is a woman actually. So talk to her.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Ohhh. Is Scornheart a woman scorned? Or someone who will scorn your heart. Inquiring minds need to know. ^^

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Ohhh. Is Scornheart a woman scorned? Or someone who will scorn your heart. Inquiring minds need to know. ^^

The difference is a very fine line. :p

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Flip me, that’s actually pretty genius. o_O

Just like entering and leaving the heart of the mists, but with the added bonus of using up an inventory slot.

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

its also useful for cheaper waypoint cost. If you are for example in Rata Sum and you want to port to Claw of Jormag, CoF, Shatterer or whatever near the Hall of Monuments, you can port fitst in HoM and after that to the location near it for cheaper cost!

#ELEtism