WVW and Guilds

WVW and Guilds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MistryCrystalAir.1289

MistryCrystalAir.1289

WvW has been a concept based on the server, which divide players and friends. It really decreases guild activities in wvw. Now that HOT is going to upgrade guild activities in GW2. As anet has done in the past by releasing “megaserver” system, I highly suggest that anet remove server based concept on the WvW. Instead, we keep the servers as it is now, but participation of the wvw is to bound to guilds rather than individual. Then we bound Guild to a specific server. This way, guild can recruit players from any server as we do under megaserver system. and we can go to the wvw as a guild. and represent the server where guild is located regardless of the individual players’ root servers.
This will increase guild activities in WvW. and encourage guild recruiting players from all over the servers. this will be true “guild wars”.

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

This is already “guild wars” as that comes from a historical event in the lore of the game
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

I started making a list as to why your suggestion would be bad, but after reaching point 5 I decided just to delete them and say “its a bad idea”.

(edited by Nidome.1365)

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

WvW has been a concept based on the server, which divide players and friends. It really decreases guild activities in wvw. Now that HOT is going to upgrade guild activities in GW2. As anet has done in the past by releasing “megaserver” system, I highly suggest that anet remove server based concept on the WvW. Instead, we keep the servers as it is now, but participation of the wvw is to bound to guilds rather than individual. Then we bound Guild to a specific server. This way, guild can recruit players from any server as we do under megaserver system. and we can go to the wvw as a guild. and represent the server where guild is located regardless of the individual players’ root servers.
This will increase guild activities in WvW. and encourage guild recruiting players from all over the servers. this will be true “guild wars”.

Players can have many guilds.
Which one assigns them to the new WvW server?
What if none of their guilds is a WvW guild?
What if they prefer to not be in a guild?
How’s segregating players through guilds any different than servers?

WVW and Guilds

MistryCrystalAir.1289

Well, if wvw is bound to guild, it will promote guild activities cross the game. then it will also increase guild participation in Wvw. Whatever guild players represent, they get to participate in wvw and get credit through that guild as they get credit for guild missions.
Non-guild participating players may still play in wvw, but they won’t get credit.
this will discourage guild from transferring from high tier servers.
this will discourage wvw participating players to transfer to high tier servers because they jsut have to join a guild from a high tier guild.
this may encourage players to fight for their server better because it’s motivated and organized by their own guild.

WVW and Guilds

MistryCrystalAir.1289

if none of their guilds is a wvw guild, just have to join a wvw guild.
if one prefer not to be part of any guild, then we assume he doesn’t want to participate in wvw either. or as i said they can participate without credit.

WVW and Guilds

Ayrilana.1396

Well, if wvw is bound to guild, it will promote guild activities cross the game. then it will also increase guild participation in Wvw. Whatever guild players represent, they get to participate in wvw and get credit through that guild as they get credit for guild missions.
Non-guild participating players may still play in wvw, but they won’t get credit.
this will discourage guild from transferring from high tier servers.
this will discourage wvw participating players to transfer to high tier servers because they jsut have to join a guild from a high tier guild.
this may encourage players to fight for their server better because it’s motivated and organized by their own guild.

What if players have guilds that are on multiple servers?
What if those multiple servers happen to be fighting against each other?
Why should people not in guilds be penalized?

WVW and Guilds

Ayrilana.1396

if one prefer not to be part of any guild, then we assume he doesn’t want to participate in wvw either. or as i said they can participate without credit.

I’m just going to stop here and say that players should not be forced to join a guild in order to play WvW; especially a WvW guild.

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

you can’t have people easily switching server by representing guilds. Else they can have a whole guild switching at will to troll.

And not everyone wants to be on the same wvw server their guild is.

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

I personally do not like this, but I will try to be as objective as I can and make a pro/con.

Pro:
-Will give guilds a way to participate in WvW servers, and still have everyone with them.
-Would be a more open WvW, where the score board simply means less since everyone could be on any server, which would mean that the high/low tier servers might be evened out a bit.
-Would make it more GvG rather than WvW.

Cons:
-Seems easy to abuse hard, even if only the guild leaders server can be used.
-Less server based WvW, this means teamspeak can be harmed even more (for the higer tier servers who use WvW teamspeak and need to let people in on their teamspeak and try to keep people from other servers out)

……….All in all, this would be good for lower tier servers and seem to be harming for higer tier servers, while better for lower tier servers…….

Just seems like a straight out subjective arguement all in all, if you like WvW alot/on a high WvW tier you might not like this. If you are on a low tier WvW, or dont care much for it nor the trouble every server go throug to do what they have to do to win, then you might like this idea.

I can see both sides, but since on a higer tier server and like WvW cant agree on this post

(edited by zengara.8301)

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

The idea that you would get no credit without being in a guild can be reversed.

People would join guilds to get credit in WvW. hmmm

I think the idea of promoting guild play is good. I think this thread is not considering the 5-8 hr a day WvW er who reps multiple guilds as no one guild is online for their whole play day.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

WVW and Guilds

MistryCrystalAir.1289

Wvw players takes up less than 10% of Gw2 players, but they took over the game and anet is allocating too much resources on wvw. (personal opinion). but if anet wants to salvage over all wvw population, moving individual bound server system to guild bound server system will be more efficient. Guild will motivate non-wvw players to participate in wvw. besides, GVG and wvw based on guilds will be totally different in that in wvw, multi-guilds will coordinate the battle. Also i don’t think individuals who wants to participate in wvw, don’t make much sense. Now anet created the world based on the servers, so let servers organize their army. Nobody goes to the battle individually. they should join the army.( guilds).!

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

WvW being server-based was a generally good idea. There were problems like the spate of server hopping we saw and the woes of being stuck on a losing server.

Megaserver changes everything really. The problem with guild-based is that you are still routing players to a world but using a narrower (lower-level) concept, the guild, to get them there. I don’t believe it’s a good idea, nor one that would work. And, guild membership should never be a requirement for accessing content (guild missions not withstanding).

In a megaserver world it makes more sense to introduce a higher level concept similar to Alliance and Horde in WoW. That makes sense in terms of solving the problem, but may not be suitable in terms of GW lore. I hope they have something in the works as they must be aware of the issues.

(edited by Raine.1394)

WVW and Guilds

MistryCrystalAir.1289

why would you think guild based wvw is lower and narrower concept? individual based concept is not concept at all. there’s no organization at all.

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

this is wrong on so many levels I’m not even sure how to address it…….. not all of us want to be in a guild, nor should we have to be to play WvW . I play WvW as in individual as do most of my in game friends so there goes your theory of no one doing WvW individually , some of us chose our servers at launch and have no desire to change the core of our server armies. your proposal says that I should get no rewards for playing without a guild………great idea NOT. go back to your low tier server and continue whining about lack of participation there. 90% of your post screams that you don’t actually play WvW . your idea is shallow, abusive to any of us who have worked hard to get our respective servers where they are . just by saying that ANET has allocated too many resources to WvW proves that you haven’t been paying attention for the last 3 years. get off your high horse that you entitled to yourself and go back to the mediocrity from where you sprang

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

LOL might be one of the silliest posts I’ve read in a while. So the countless hours I put in while I was in a casual guild meant I didn’t want to participate in WvW? Yea ok.

WvW guilds are the first ones that pack up their bags and leave servers.. The PvX guilds are the ones that stick around. Not all but speaking from what I’ve seen this happens all the time.

I get no credit because my guild isn’t a wvw guild? Worst idea ever.

Please never make any suggestions ever again.. Thank you very much.

Its called World vs World for a reason. Not guilds vs guilds.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

why would you think guild based wvw is lower and narrower concept? individual based concept is not concept at all. there’s no organization at all.

It is lower level because if you made an organization chart guilds would be under worlds, even if the guild exists across multiple servers it is still a member of the world it exists on. ‘World’ is not a member of ‘guild’. ‘Guild’ is a member of ‘world’. World is a higher level concept. Guilds across servers does present an interesting modeling concept though.

I’m not promoting individual based. As I mention, the only thing I can think of that would work in a megaserver world is a higher level concept like faction. But, I don’t see that working in GW.

WVW and Guilds

MistryCrystalAir.1289

currently wvw is based on individuals, not on the world. therefore there’s not organization at all again. and wvw guilds are mintues. it is not you that you have to be in a wvw guild to get credit. any guild run the wvw as if they run guild missions and guild members get credit from it. so it doenst matter if that if pve, pvx or wvw guilds. as long as run the misison in wvw map. See most of these ppl writing on forums admit that they are wvw players. but in the game, not even 10% of playres participate in wvw.

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

The casualness in this thread is astounding.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WVW and Guilds

MistryCrystalAir.1289

give reasons why guid basd wvw would not Promote wvw! i still don’t see any clear reason.

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

give reasons why guid basd wvw would not Promote wvw! i still don’t see any clear reason.

You have 5 guilds. How the heck would it split you into WvW?

Also, the vast majority of guilds in this game are casual PvE guilds. They’re not going to go into WvW in the first place. All this does is reduce participation in WvW. Not increase.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WVW and Guilds

MistryCrystalAir.1289

If Doe represent a guild A and A guild run the wvw mission activated. he will represent the server that A guild is based on. so credit goes to that server. If he represent B guild based on B server and B guild activate the wvw misison and he participate. he is representing B server. How hard is that to understand?. Yes most guilds are pve guilds because most players are pve players. so make Wvw part of pve guild misisons. what is wrong wiht that?

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

currently wvw is based on individuals, not on the world. therefore there’s not organization at all again. and wvw guilds are mintues. it is not you that you have to be in a wvw guild to get credit. any guild run the wvw as if they run guild missions and guild members get credit from it. so it doenst matter if that if pve, pvx or wvw guilds. as long as run the misison in wvw map. See most of these ppl writing on forums admit that they are wvw players. but in the game, not even 10% of playres participate in wvw.

I doubt you even play wvw…

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I know all sorts of people who do not want to be in a guild and do love WvW. I know all sorts of people who love their guild, but have no interest in WvW. Finally, I know tons of people who feel more loyalty to their server than to a particular guild.

The OP is asking to change WvW into GvG (or perhaps, GvGvGvGvGvG). I’m not saying this would be a bad thing — I am saying that it wouldn’t be WvW as we know it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

WVW and Guilds

Ayrilana.1396

If Doe represent a guild A and A guild run the wvw mission activated. he will represent the server that A guild is based on. so credit goes to that server. If he represent B guild based on B server and B guild activate the wvw misison and he participate. he is representing B server. How hard is that to understand?. Yes most guilds are pve guilds because most players are pve players. so make Wvw part of pve guild misisons. what is wrong wiht that?

WvW missions? Have you played WvW?

WVW and Guilds

MistryCrystalAir.1289

what is wrong with chainging the way you know wvw, game changes all the time!
of course i have, i am a commander in wvw. if you want to make a point, make some sense out of your sentence. we are trying to make some constructive suggestions here.

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Let’s say SoS, FA, and YB are fighting each other.

Do you think people should be able to switch between this 3 server at will, since they can just change the guild they are representing?

Oh there’s a YB zerg coming! Let me represent my YB guild.

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Wvw players takes up less than 10% of Gw2 players, but they took over the game and anet is allocating too much resources on wvw. (personal opinion).

After 3 years, Anet have doubled their efforts and are now dedicating 2% of their resources to WvW, the horror, the horror!

Also, binding guilds to worlds wouldnt work. You can be in multiple guilds. A smaller number of large factions the eqvivalent of 5 or so current servers figthing it out more EoTM style… possibly. But we already got EoTM for that. WvW is good as it is. The only thing we need is point equalizers so that no server can overwhelmingly win in the first couple of days in a matchup due to coverage.

WVW and Guilds

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Best solution would be to just remove these stupid megaserver system! Megaserver was anets biggest mistake in over 10 years of guild wars.

They should bring back the Server pve maps and only allow guilds to recruit people from their Server. That was great and during that time a riverside guild was a real riverside guild!

wvw only got problems after megaserverfail! It’s the cause of all Bad things in gw2!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!