Wait a minute, is guild wars a zelda game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

I was actually watching an old video of zelda made by Egoraptor ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0&src_vid=Xf4KbsNWRV0&feature=cards&annotation_id=68490ef9-34ad-47be-b703-915243ec1a06 ), and suddenly I thought… Wait, Guild Wars 2 feels like a friggin Zelda game!

Emphasis on the “feels”, at least the basic idea of the world exploration compared to the first zelda game.

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

Ehh, not really. Even though I love the exploration, it still essentially tells you where to go via map icons and the content guide.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I think the main mechanic in Zelda games are the “areas locked behind certain abilities/items” and GW2 doesn’t have anything like that until HoT

Maybe that’ll push it in that direction.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

Based on the video, TC is specifically talking about the world design in Zelda 1.

How it dropped you in the middle of nowhere and told you absolutely nothing about what to do.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I think you need to go further back to Dungeons & Dragons, and probably even further back than that.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The exploration aspect of GW2 feels mostly abandoned. There are bits and pieces here and there but either there was a change of direction or they just ran out of time.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Why don’t you go smack a chicken in Ebonhawke and find out?

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Oh it was just a wild thought that came up in my head. I wouldn’t really compare the game anyways. But I believe the idea of exploration in the games it’s kinda funny, in a good way. I really love exploring.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

zelda games are very small. no.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The Verdant Brink map certainly feels certainly more open and vast than the usual standard maps we had in the original game. But there are worlds which are much much bigger with only a loose end to follow like the Elder Scrolls Series where a lot of player didn’t even finish the main story, although they played hundreds of hours.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong