Wait, there is no raid story mode?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Metavahn.7293

Metavahn.7293

Then why would i continue to grind at endgame as a mere 99 percentile player? i feel i will get max level then quit this game untill i can see all the content i payed for, and just go back to WoW/FFXIV that has that required feature.

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

Question: Let’s say they add a story mode. And you complete it after a few hours. What end game content will you do after that, that you aren’t being satisfied with now? Because a raid story mode will surely be just for story and not rewards to earn.

I think your problem goes much deeper than a raid story mode.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Alas, for some, this is not WoW/FFXIV.

Good luck with your other adventures.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Sorry for the stupid question but as someone who has never played WoW: What is raid story mode? How is it different to the existing raid?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i never saw raid as the typical end game so a story mode would be welcome, end game to me is everything max level. (so that’s allot)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Sorry for the stupid question but as someone who has never played WoW: What is raid story mode? How is it different to the existing raid?

Probably similar to the dungeons’ story mode. By the way, I would support raid story mode — just so one understands what the heck is going on in those raid instances story-wise, who the bosses are, where they came from and what on earth they are doing there now.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

[SPOILERS]
I don’t really understand the thread, but I will say that the lack of a raid story mode really messed up the whole Caudacus/White Mantle storyline.

Imagine having not done the Human campaign or raids or any of GW1. The ONLY hint you will have at what is going on is the single dungeon that everyone can play. I had to do alot of reading in the wiki to figure out Bloodstone Fen’s premise, but at least the lore books in the map helped alot with that.

I’d support the addition of a non-rewarding raid story mode just so any story content is not locked behind an artificial barrier for non-raiders.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

There’s very little if any story to the raids, 90%+ you have to add yourself in your head. There’s a bunch of bosses, each with a small amount of context and setting, plus a tiny bit of setting for each wing.

A story mode would be rather useless, IMO. As a result of that. There’s nothing a small block of text cannot explain in a much more concise manner, there’s really not much text needed at all.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

I’m guessing some would have different expectations for a solo/story mode. I don’t know what WoW’s is, but my definition comes from a game I’ve played where it was an easy/solo mode for dungeons that was specifically designed to be done alone. It had toned down mechanics that let players get their feet wet in a safe environment and let them do their story dungeons without relying on finding a group. Naturally it had significantly reduced rewards to match the reduced difficulty.

As for the topic, I wouldn’t be opposed to a story mode for the raids. I wouldn’t expect any kind of rewards but it would be a lot more engaging than watching a youtube video to try to get the experience. Plus it could be an alternative option to unlock the Raid Masteries? Maybe? Hopefully?~ But not likely.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you’re worried about not having anything to do after level 80 because you don’t want to play raids you should know that’s only one tiny part of the game.

Especially if you’re interested in the story – you’d be better off finishing the Personal Story and then doing the Living World, Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire story missions, and of course the open world content that goes with them.

If you got to level 80 and focused exclusively on raiding you’d miss the vast majority of the story (and the game) whereas you can play everything else without ever entering a raid and won’t miss anything except a few details of the story (which can be found elsewhere but not as obviously) and of course the raid exclusive items which are all cosmetic – there’s no special raid gear which has better stats than anything else, or anything like that.

Probably similar to the dungeons’ story mode. By the way, I would support raid story mode — just so one understands what the heck is going on in those raid instances story-wise, who the bosses are, where they came from and what on earth they are doing there now.

That was my thought too, but the OPs post made it seem like something more than that. Story dungeons are just side-missions to the main story which take place in the dungeon instances. The end of the personal story makes more sense if you play them, and of course it enables you to be the one who opens the explorable path and unlocks the reward tracks, but I know a lot of people skip them because they don’t see any point in doing them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

There’s barely any story in the raids. Unlike in WoW’s old raids (no idea about the new ones) where they basically wrapped up or continued the single player story. Even the white mantle stuff is so minor that they don’t tell you anything you aren’t told through the Living World (I mean, I do hope most people figured out that the White Mantle was trying to revive Lazarus, which is all I’ve gleamed from the raid story so far.)

Which is a good thing imho, this way as Anet doesn’t have to bother doing the extra work of making an “easy” version of the raids (which they probably don’t have the manpower for anyway) as the only thing you are missing out on is the bossfights and some minor ambient dialogue.

People that think the raids somehow plug the plentiful holes in the LS3 narrative are in for a huge disappointment.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

(I mean, I do hope most people figured out that the White Mantle was trying to revive Lazarus, which is all I’ve gleamed from the raid story so far.)

And even that is a stretch the player has to half fill in themselves, because all it amounts to in the raid are one voiced line and two text lines (or something like that).

It’s really entirely unlike WoW, so the OP doesn’t have to worry.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: sokeenoppa.5384

sokeenoppa.5384

Then why would i continue to grind at endgame as a mere 99 percentile player? i feel i will get max level then quit this game untill i can see all the content i payed for, and just go back to WoW/FFXIV that has that required feature.

you payed for gw2 content right? There for you payed for raids right? So… What keeps you away from content you payed? Go do those raids

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I believe he may be looking for something like LFR or Normal difficulty in WoW which is “easy mode”/puggable but does drop decent(ish) loot. Those are intended for people to get a foothold on raiding and to experience the story. Heroic and Mythic difficulties are more difficult and drop better loot than the easier modes. In WoW that’s quite easy as all equipment there has an Item Level and easier raids drop loot with a lower Item Level than harder ones. This means you can do Normal mode in order to help gear up to try Heroic mode and so on.

Of course, that loot situation is not really applicable in GW2 as we (thankfully) do not have Item Levels and (thankfully) have our equipment capped at Ascended. What this means in GW2 is that the only appropriate “raid level” loot is Ascended equipment and Legendary components. I suppose a “story mode”/LFR equivalent in GW2 could just drop some basic loot bags, a reduced chance of any Ascended equipment from the bosses and such (maybe Magnetite Shards but no Legendary Insights).

I’d prefer they just allowed a mode that allowed people to increase the raid size (maybe up to 20-25, I’m still baffled that they capped raids at 10 people) and completely nerfed the loot but left the bosses as they are. That way people could “zerg” the encounters to learn them and then try “real” 10 man raiding to get the loot.

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

It’s the raid finder (I guess). Kind of like LFG tool here, only specifically for raids where 25 random players (few tanks, some healers, lots of damage dealers) get thrown into an easy mode raid version.

It was an “explosive mixture” of players most of the time. Ppl who actually raid and wanted to farm secondary equip/gold in there with ppl who have no clue about most of the stuff in there and ppl who were afk and set their pets to aggressive and moved their character once in a while.

After every wipe 25-50% of the group was recycled until you had enough non-afk players to actually beat the encounter. :p

I’d rather not see them go this route, making a raid version where you can pretty much ignore the mechanics and just zerg stuff to death with numbers.

Better option may be a “story mode” for single, with friend, with more friends like the LS instances. Because: players who want to play the story rarely have interest in raiding and players who raid rarely have interest in playing with them. So don’t forcefully mix them.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There’s barely any story in the raids. Unlike in WoW’s old raids (no idea about the new ones) where they basically wrapped up or continued the single player story. Even the white mantle stuff is so minor that they don’t tell you anything you aren’t told through the Living World (I mean, I do hope most people figured out that the White Mantle was trying to revive Lazarus, which is all I’ve gleamed from the raid story so far.)

Which is a good thing imho, this way as Anet doesn’t have to bother doing the extra work of making an “easy” version of the raids (which they probably don’t have the manpower for anyway) as the only thing you are missing out on is the bossfights and some minor ambient dialogue.

People that think the raids somehow plug the plentiful holes in the LS3 narrative are in for a huge disappointment.

One of the big feedbacks from the. community was for raids to avoid significant story continuations in raids. Casual players or non raiders did not want to be forced i to raiding to find out whst happens next. Any story in the first three raids was recapped by any npc in bloodstone fen, which worked well

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I believe he may be looking for something like LFR or Normal difficulty in WoW which is “easy mode”/puggable but does drop decent(ish) loot. Those are intended for people to get a foothold on raiding and to experience the story.

When deciding to create a XP lockout because of [Raid] Masteries, why would Anet consider adding an industry standard like this? Especially since they stated ahead of time that Raids would be something they expected only a tiny percentage of the players to do?

No, a story mode is entirely too logical for Anet to do it.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

One of the big feedbacks from the. community was for raids to avoid significant story continuations in raids. Casual players or non raiders did not want to be forced i to raiding to find out whst happens next. Any story in the first three raids was recapped by any npc in bloodstone fen, which worked well

Guess I missed the whole Saul D’Alessio story in the open world zones or episodes then? As far as I can remember, the only thing we were told to get the story was to watch videos on youtube if we didn’t want to raid.

You may say it’s not important for the main story of GW2. But you also said we wanted raids to avoid significant story continuations in raids. GW2 is a sequel of GW and the Bastion of the Penitent did finally, after years conclude a special part of the story. I’d say it was pretty kitteny to do that in a raid that doesn’t have a story mode.

Apart from that, some people would have also liked to play the new encounters themselves with an easier level of difficulty. Maybe reduced to a 5 player instance just like fractals or dungeons with adjusted rewards. It’s not always about legendary rewards but rather the fact that you’re able to play those instances without preparing, training and organizing weeks for it.

(edited by Tekey.7946)

Djinn.9245

Was it? I didn’t play GW1 and I don’t remember it being explained to me what was going on. They have this huge story about Lazarus – who is Lazarus and why do we care?

I have since learned the story from videos, but I had no idea at the time I was playing it.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Pifil.5193

Really? I don’t remember that NPC or that recap.

Randulf.7614

Was it? I didn’t play GW1 and I don’t remember it being explained to me what was going on. They have this huge story about Lazarus – who is Lazarus and why do we care?

I have since learned the story from videos, but I had no idea at the time I was playing it.

EVerything is recapped in Bloodstone Fen that is required.

If you visit Squad Leader Bennett (which you will have since a story step directs you to him and you have the option to explore his dialogues further), he will give you a rundown of the raid from his point of view, but more crucially, he will give a replay of the raid cinematic which recaps the basic need to know of the White Mantle and their servitude to the Mursaat. AT the end, after he narrates how the Mursaat were all defeated/sent into hiding, one lone Mursaat is left.

Whilst GW1 players would know that is Lazarus, it is not necessary for everyone else to know that. The important info is seeding a clue that a Mursaat still lives and has fanatic followers.

There is an argument that more detail is warranted. That is not entirely unfair, it is just not necessary for the story arc at that point – ie raid players are no better informed than story players (which is the point behind this thread).

More detail on the Mursaat, White Mantle, The Shining Blade and Lazarus is seeded throughout LS3 through NPC’s and lore books scattered around. Whether that is enough is unrelated to this point though which concerns the raid story itself.

Raid wing 4 closes off an old GW1 story and is self contained. Whilst it has links to the LS3 story, it has no bearing or impact on the narrative of LS3 whatsoever so works as a stand alone.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

They did not explain anything in raids. I raid every week and I have no clue why Lazarus is important and who that Saul D’Alessio is and why we even went to that prison.
Making story mode will just create more questions since story makes sense only if you played gw1 or watched lore videos.

Randulf.7614

Really? I don’t remember that NPC or that recap.

See my above post about Squad Leader Bennett and the cinematic in Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

LUL i’ve raided for 1+ year and havent met anyone who gives a flying kitten about lore in raids. This feels like a joke.

Tekey.7946

Raid wing 4 closes off an old GW1 story and is self contained. Whilst it has links to the LS3 story, it has no bearing or impact on the narrative of LS3 whatsoever so works as a stand alone.

And what would you tell GW1 players who don’t necessarily raid? How would you explain them that their old story is concluded within an isolated game mode that’s being played by only like 10% of the players? Why couldn’t it be open for the whole playerbase as a story instance/dungeon?

They did not explain anything in raids. I raid every week and I have no clue why Lazarus is important and who that Saul D’Alessio is and why we even went to that prison.
Making story mode will just create more questions since story makes sense only if you played gw1 or watched lore videos.

It’s just weird that they continued a story of GW in raids only. On the one hand, there may be GW2 players that don’t know who he is like you said. On the other hand, there are GW players that wanted to experience that story themselves outside of raids.

Let’s say 10% of GW2 players do raid. How many of them did play GW? How many of those care about the lore, story? A percentage of a percentage of a percentage. Is that worth locking the story inside of raids?

After all, I don’t even care anymore. Their decisions regarding raids (locking xp progression, stories,…) are just plain stupid to me. If you want to lose players, that’s how you do it. Other games that were mentioned here provide a story mode for a reason – GW2 doesn’t want to do it, fine.

(edited by Tekey.7946)

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

There are so many threads about this topic. Do some research before creating another. Start with the dungeon/raids subforum

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

If you are contemplating leaving for WoW or FFIV in the first place, GW2 is not the game for you. If you are enjoying GW2 for the game that it is you’d find a way to raid or not care about raids.

Also the amount of players raiding is quite a bit higher than 1% at this point in time.

As others have mentioned, it’s doubtful that the little amount of raid story would have kept you playung the game in the first place, better run back to WoW and get that LFR welfare gear now.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

IMO they should disconnect raids from gw1 lore or any meaningful lore. Continue with that stuff in “current events”. Atm they just kitten off way too many people for no reason.
Make some raid/fractal crossover where we fight some space cthulhu who found out about our dimension because the fractal research team blew something up in the mists. Basically make stuff up and focus on rule of cool and fun mechanics instead of lore and backstories.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The current raid story exists and it is useful for understanding why LW3 episodes 1, 4, and 6 happened.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I consider this to be one of the biggest issues with the game. I’ve spoken out about it before, but clearly the powers that be don’t care very much that people don’t have access to the story all the way through. It’s bad enough you can’t play Season 1, but the connecting stories that lead from HoT to Season 3 should have been playable by everyone.

I’m not saying everyone needs to have rewards for doing it. I’m saying we need to be able to experience that in game as our characters.

This genre is called mmoRPG. Seems like some people at Anet don’t really focus very much on the RPG part.

I know I like my characters to be motivated to do stuff. So much so that I’ve finished the personal story on 17 characters.

A raid story mode shouldn’t even have been a question. It should have been a given…in my opinion.

Djinn.9245

LUL i’ve raided for 1+ year and havent met anyone who gives a flying kitten about lore in raids. This feels like a joke.

Yes, from what I know from the MMO raiders I’ve known they aren’t big on story. They are in raids for the challenge. This is one reason I don’t understand why Anet put story in the raids that is not available anywhere else in the game.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

“We’re investigating different methods to make the story more accessible. I can’t share any details at this time, but wanted to let you know we’re exploring a few potential options internally. As with everything in development, this isn’t a guarantee. I want to set expectations accordingly.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/A-Plea-for-a-Raid-Story-Mode/first#post6416831

A story mode for Raids is similar to adding a build save/load to the game. They know the players want them, the devs say they are discussing them internally. But I don’t think any amount of new threads on those subjects would speed up the process. They’ll come when they are done.

Randulf.7614

And what would you tell GW1 players who don’t necessarily raid?

That would be players like me. I think the current system is the right approach, although I do understand the flip side of the argument.

Tekey.7946

I’m not saying everyone needs to have rewards for doing it. I’m saying we need to be able to experience that in game as our characters.

This genre is called mmoRPG. Seems like some people at Anet don’t really focus very much on the RPG part.

[…]

A raid story mode shouldn’t even have been a question. It should have been a given…in my opinion.

Exactly, that’s what it feels like.
It’s just ironic how other players told us to watch videos to see it. We don’t want to watch videos, we want to play an MMORPG on our own and experience the stories in the game.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

I consider this to be one of the biggest issues with the game. I’ve spoken out about it before, but clearly the powers that be don’t care very much that people don’t have access to the story all the way through. It’s bad enough you can’t play Season 1, but the connecting stories that lead from HoT to Season 3 should have been playable by everyone.

I know I like my characters to be motivated to do stuff. So much so that I’ve finished the personal story on 17 characters.

I don’t think many MMORPGs put that much effort in the RPG part. Let’s be honest, the writing in GW2 doesn’t live up to good RPG standards. Take joining the Shining Blade as an example. It was rushed and pretty illogical, even for my human noble character. Imagine what’s like for an asura or a charr. So… while I generally agree and would like more actual role-playing, I don’t think it’s happening in this particular game and I don’t see hypothetical “story mode raids” contributing at all to it.

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

If MMO’s with much more difficult Raid content can put in story-mode raids (FF/WoW), why can’t the relatively casual GW2 put it in?

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

If MMO’s with much more difficult Raid content can put in story-mode raids (FF/WoW), why can’t the relatively casual GW2 put it in?

Because in GW2 raids are not the end goal that every one will need to pursue.

Edit:And generally more resources to actually implement it due to a subscription model.

(edited by flog.3485)

Posted by: zell.3051

zell.3051

If there’d be one, you can bet a dime and a dollar that there’d be DPS meter tryhards in there as well. Don’t expect to complete it if it does ever get introduced as the majority are far too elitist (wrongfully).

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

Just a quick note on why ANet would put cool lore or story progression in raids: because they deserve it. If raids are envisioned as the most challenging content in the game, then, lore-wise, the characters and beings that pose that challenge have to possess enough power to be challenging. Like someone posted above, sure, ANet could say Cthulhu found Tyria through the Mists and decided to invade, but that would be far less interesting and meaningful to a Guild Wars (2) player than the White Mantle or Saul D’Alessio being involved. If a raider doesn’t care about the lore, that’s fine. You can’t make something based on what people don’t care about; you have to make it based on what you care about. ANet cares about creating a fantasy world, and so they’re not going to (intentionally) ignore the lore in the playable content they create.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Because those games the end game focus is on doing raids (the main story is completed usually in a raid story). That is not the end game focus of this game, where in this game the main end game focus is in the open world and personal story instances. Raids, in this game are a form of end game for those that want a challenge.

By saying “main end game focus”, I mean that this is where Anet is by design trying to get most of their players.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

MMO’s survive by using reward systems to foster content repetition. ANet has been adamant about keeping the raid rewards exclusive. So, what rewards would be put into story mode to foster the type of repetition we see in normal raids? Without such rewards, a story mode would be a waste of resources by a company that has in the past struggled to put out content on a regular enough basis to retain all of its player base.

WoW LFR works because of welfare epics. Also, that game is heavily dependent on raids as the be-all and end-all of their endgame. Raids in GW2 are a tiny part of the endgame pursuits available.

Some time ago an Anet raid dev commented in the dungeon subforum that they were looking at ways to make the lore bits (and I do mean bits) in raids available to non-raiders. For those of you who want access to that lore, why not wait and see what they come up with?

IndigoSundown.5419

If it seems that ANet focuses less on lore than you might like, it’s because a lot of players care more about the pursuit of the shiny virtual gewgaw than lore. And by “a lot,” I mean most of them. If that view makes me cynical, then so be it.

By comparison, however, I know more about the lore of GW2 just by playing the parts of the game accessible to me than I did in WoW, where I actually participated in everything. This is so (for me) even though I have been stalled in both HoT and LS3 stories due to relentless and pernicious DCing before missions can complete.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

A raid story mode would be just like dungeon story modes. Players will all do them once and then pretty much never again.

Pifil.5193

Edit:And generally more resources to actually implement it due to a subscription model.

Neither are they the only end goal in other MMOs. For example, back in the day Blizzard revealed that fewer than 5% of WoW players raided. Then they introduced raids that needed fewer players and the numbers rose. Then they added an accessible, pug-friendly Looking For Raid difficulty and the numbers rose even more.

See they figured out ways of getting more people into raiding, which meant that more people got to see and enjoy the content they’re creating. Which is a good thing for both the players and the company.

An easy mode raid would serve a similar purpose in GW2. It would give people a more accessible intro to raiding and far from being the waste of resources that some people see it as it would instead be a way of ensuring that the work they’ve done in raids would be seen and enjoyed by more people. It would make the raids themselves a better use of resources than they are now.

IndigoSundown.5419

Neither are they the only end goal in other MMOs. For example, back in the day Blizzard revealed that fewer than 5% of WoW players raided. Then they introduced raids that needed fewer players and the numbers rose. Then they added an accessible, pug-friendly Looking For Raid difficulty and the numbers rose even more.

See they figured out ways of getting more people into raiding, which meant that more people got to see and enjoy the content they’re creating. Which is a good thing for both the players and the company.

An easy mode raid would serve a similar purpose in GW2. It would give people a more accessible intro to raiding and far from being the waste of resources that some people see it as it would instead be a way of ensuring that the work they’ve done in raids would be seen and enjoyed by more people. It would make the raids themselves a better use of resources than they are now.

If you assume that raids in GW2 are done by 5% (I think it’s higher, but whatever), then assigning 5% of the devs on the live team to them seems appropriate. To make an additional mode would require more dev time. I prefer that the devs not on raids work on the stuff they’re working on rather than a story mode raid that would not have sustainability.

As I said above, LFR worked in WoW because of the Blizz approach. They would add a bunch of dungeons, raids, gathering, dailies and quests in with XPac’s while concentrating on dungeons and raids (and festivals) between XPac’s. GW2 offers less with XPacs but more between for non raiders. I don’t want to see the “more between” impacted negatively.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I wanted to write you a long response but IndigoSundown got exactly what I had in mind covered.

Edit: you complain about accessibility but personally, being a no raider ans a socially awkard player, it really wasn’t difficult to get myself some tries for Vale guardian for myself. As for the difficulty, with no food and no meta build, I was still able to get it down to 50 % in three tries.

(edited by flog.3485)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

If you assume that raids in GW2 are done by 5% (I think it’s higher, but whatever)

To comment on this. I see a lot of people posting about the percentage of players raiding in this game. What I’d love to see for once is how they define the 100%, the game doesn’t have a subscription fee, therefore how do we even count the 100%?

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

You have to understand that gw2 raids need nothing in order to be played:

- No repair costs.
- Equipment which is the same of fractal (and this means it can be moved from a character to another ).
- Consumables not that expensive ( i would say that your weekly raid run would be almost free ).
- Flat difficulty ( Unlike wow, where the more you play the more ilvl you get ).
When you have your fractal equipment, you are also ready for raids.

As other games, a raid is going to work better with a guild ( buddies/premade ), but also a pug can do a Raid. Obviously there’s nothing for free ( but i guess it could radically change with talents balance and new expansion’s skills ).

Overall content is casual free ( and if you try to search and work on with ppl and buddies, you could ofc achieve raids too ).

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

The base mode is the story mode to be fair. Its really easy to get used to it a beat it.

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

Raids should not be required to see the story, That would be locking the plot behind a wall that some people dont want to deal with. Not everyone likes raids and not everyone wishes to do them, I have done them and I Was SLIGHTLY put off that if I did not do it i would not understand the living story. So No the Raids should not have anything to do with the existing plot, and should either be side stories working with a different theme. Or an adventure that one of the orders is going through that is just a spin-off, you could also have it be a simple scenario.

But I do not want raids to be integral to the content, nor Do I want it to be forced that if you wana see the end of the story you paid for you have to do it. UNLESS they however make it something smaller guilds can do, and you can have a five man variant. Otherwise dont do this because you will loose players, and It wont be fair for everyone else… Which will be bad for the game overall.