Wait to craft or craft while leveling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lonegreywolf.4760

lonegreywolf.4760

I ask this because I am big on it’s the journey, not the destination when it comes to video games. So I do not like rushing through the levels and prefer to take my time.

So would I be better off waiting to craft?

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I recommend to craft while you level since you get XP from it.

Posted by: TheWiseWolf.3815

TheWiseWolf.3815

I prefer to craft only enough to make armour/weapons for my own level and not go too much further than that.
It’s a great way to finish off that last 1/8th of the EXP bar left after questing/exploring and keep your stuff updated for each zone. It’s also easier to gather the resources you need in this manner.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you want to do everything in a zone, don’t craft. By doing zone completion, you’ll keep up with the personal story and eventually surpass it. You’ll reach 80 about 1/2 way through the game.

If you don’t want to do zone completion, you’ll need to rely on crafting or doing alternate areas, such as the starting zones for other races. If you don’t, you won’t be able to keep up with the personal story and always find yourself behind.

If you craft and do zone completion, you’ll reach 80 around reaching the level 40 zone, assuming you follow the personal story.

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

Your choice really, you can advance your toon and bank any mats you save, or you can craft slowly at the same time and level both your toon and your crafting, as long as you don’t use crafting to artificially level your toon you can control both and advance as you feel the desire. Keep in mind though that you can only have two crafting disciplines active at the same time on any given character and there are 8 crafting disciplines.

You’ll really have to hold yourself back leveling if you play very much, you get xp for just about everything except logging on and logging off and the levels come rather fast in normal game play.

Posted by: lonegreywolf.4760

lonegreywolf.4760

Your choice really, you can advance your toon and bank any mats you save, or you can craft slowly at the same time and level both your toon and your crafting, as long as you don’t use crafting to artificially level your toon you can control both and advance as you feel the desire. Keep in mind though that you can only have two crafting disciplines active at the same time on any given character and there are 8 crafting disciplines.

You’ll really have to hold yourself back leveling if you play very much, you get xp for just about everything except logging on and logging off and the levels come rather fast in normal game play.

I have noticed that. Wish there was a way to turn off experience.

Posted by: Inspired.6730

Inspired.6730

No real reason to in this game since you don’t out level content. With the down leveling you’ll still be doing content at level not matter where, so the only thing leveling does is gives you more options on what you can do.

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I’ve crafted levels on all my characters (alts more heavily than my first character). I don’t feel like I missed out on the journey with my first character in doing this as I only did two professions (at the time, it gave 10 levels per profession. Now it only gives 7 if you go up to 400). This helped fill the gaps when my personal story was to far above my level. The only regret I have in doing this (especially on the alts that got 30 – 40 levels by crafting) is that I missed out on opening up zones. So I had to go back for a lot of map completion.

So far as learning combat goes, I found that jumping into sPvP matches really pushed me to learn my character much better than PvE content did.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

No real reason to in this game since you don’t out level content. With the down leveling you’ll still be doing content at level not matter where, so the only thing leveling does is gives you more options on what you can do.

This is true, if you want to go slow I would follow the suggestion above in following your PS and where it leads you, it’s more structured that way but your still going to level up regardless, my advice is not to worry very much about what level you are or how fast your advancing just play the game as you choose and enjoy the ride, you can always start other characters and switch back and forth that will give you a feel for different races and professions and slow things down a little bit more.