Waiting for Tuesday

Waiting for Tuesday

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I was all set to buy some gems. Some recent changes to the game, even in WvW, made me want to “reward” Anet for a somewhat better job of late (imho). Then I thought…yeah…wait until these changes hinted at by Gaile.

Anyone else doing the same thing?

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I too, am waiting for Halloween.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Waiting for Tuesday

misterman.1530

Lol. Well, Halloween is fun, but I was thinking more along the lines of getting cheesed off at the changes and not wanting to have wasted real $ on gems prior to them.

:)

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Lol. Well, Halloween is fun, but I was thinking more along the lines of getting cheesed off at the changes and not wanting to have wasted real $ on gems prior to them.

:)

we dont like this kind of negativity around here.

im bad at sarcasm

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Haven’t bought gems for about 6 months and I probably wont until I am happier with the direction of the game.

Having said that, I am notoriously fickle and should something amazing appear in the store…principles will be overlooked

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Balance changes are part and parcel for MMOs. If you feel that a balance patch can erase the credit of the last few updates, then by all means.

It does present as overly dramatic in my opinion though.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I must have missed something, I thought the only update we were getting on Tuesday was Halloween.

What changes are you so worried about?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I must have missed something, I thought the only update we were getting on Tuesday was Halloween.

Big ole marked post by Gaile, titled “Upcoming balance changes”.

Waiting for Tuesday

Danikat.8537

I guess this is why I could never be a ‘meta game’ player. Even though my main is a druid I looked at that as a list of tiny changes to skills I’m not sure I use and promptly forgot all about it.

I think the only times a balance patch has affected how I play was when they completely changed dervishes in GW1 and when they removed ground-targeting from ranger traps in GW2. Other than that I tend to look at the updates, decide I really can’t understand why it matters if a cooldown is 4.5 seconds or 5 seconds or whatever and go back to playing.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Hoping the balance patch cleans up those unkillable builds.

Waiting for Tuesday

Randulf.7614

I guess this is why I could never be a ‘meta game’ player. Even though my main is a druid I looked at that as a list of tiny changes to skills I’m not sure I use and promptly forgot all about it.

I think the only times a balance patch has affected how I play was when they completely changed dervishes in GW1 and when they removed ground-targeting from ranger traps in GW2. Other than that I tend to look at the updates, decide I really can’t understand why it matters if a cooldown is 4.5 seconds or 5 seconds or whatever and go back to playing.

I’m pretty much the same and agree entirely with the dervish comment. A few GW2 ones have irked me (like the Reaper ice damage change), but they are only ever minor annoyances.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

They are onyly changing things that has no impact for pvp what so ever, so no, still great army of necro minions, still 1shot dh, unkillable eles and 40block/evade mesmers on pvp.
Onyly thing this patch does is try to kitten raiders in the kitten , cos raids became easier than they thought.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Nothing in Gaile’s post says tomorrow is the balance patch. It could be at least another week. Or tomorrow, yeah, but no specific date was given there.

Unless it was specified on Reddit or in another thread somewhere that it would be concurrent with the Halloween event?

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If Gems to Gold conversion rate drops to atleast 1000gems per 250 gold then I have nearly $250 for Anet regardless of balance changes.

From my understanding, in order for me to buy gems and create more gems for the game I need people who play for free to farm harder and convert gold to gems so the conversion rate is better.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Nothing in Gaile’s post says tomorrow is the balance patch. It could be at least another week. Or tomorrow, yeah, but no specific date was given there.

Unless it was specified on Reddit or in another thread somewhere that it would be concurrent with the Halloween event?

Tomorrow is the perfect time to implement an update. It’s a Tuesday, when Halloween comes in, so big things happen. Sounds like a good time to me

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

They are onyly changing things that has no impact for pvp what so ever, so no, still great army of necro minions, still 1shot dh, unkillable eles and 40block/evade mesmers on pvp.
Onyly thing this patch does is try to kitten raiders in the kitten , cos raids became easier than they thought.

You don’t even know what you’re talking about, right?

First, this nerf is because of WvW boonshare builds that were making unstoppable melee trains.

Second, people who raid are complaining because the nerfs will reduce build and class diversity for what are considered good comps. Revenant is basically losing its main function so there is no point into taking one anymore, druids are being forced into the exclusive healer spot, mesmers can get 100% boon duration alone and can still have 100% quickness uptime without SoI.

The problem is that, it might be better to have two Mesmers now instead considering the overall group DPS, and having two mesmers means having much higher Alacrity uptime for all group, putting auto-attack based builds (mainly daredevil and hammer guardian) in disadvantageous position compared to elementalists when right now they are very viable considering the DPS and utilities they bring, but with Alacrity elementalists are just too strong to pick these instead.

tl;dr – Raids are still easy. They are just killing class and build diversity. Blame WvW.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

You don’t even know what you’re talking about, right?

First, this nerf is because of WvW boonshare builds that were making unstoppable melee trains.

Second, people who raid are complaining because the nerfs will reduce build and class diversity for what are considered good comps. Revenant is basically losing its main function so there is no point into taking one anymore, druids are being forced into the exclusive healer spot, mesmers can get 100% boon duration alone and can still have 100% quickness uptime without SoI.

The problem is that, it might be better to have two Mesmers now instead considering the overall group DPS, and having two mesmers means having much higher Alacrity uptime for all group, putting auto-attack based builds (mainly daredevil and hammer guardian) in disadvantageous position compared to elementalists when right now they are very viable considering the DPS and utilities they bring, but with Alacrity elementalists are just too strong to pick these instead.

tl;dr – Raids are still easy. They are just killing class and build diversity. Blame WvW.

You have to admit, it makes a novel change from 99%+ of the balance changes, wherein you can blame PvP.

It’s extraordinarily rare for them to balance around PvE. (The only time I can remember it happening was the FGS nerf.)

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Unkillable eles

I laughed more than I should have when I saw this.

Waiting for Tuesday

Danikat.8537

If Gems to Gold conversion rate drops to atleast 1000gems per 250 gold then I have nearly $250 for Anet regardless of balance changes.

From my understanding, in order for me to buy gems and create more gems for the game I need people who play for free to farm harder and convert gold to gems so the conversion rate is better.

Free players cannot use the gold to gems exchange. (They can buy gems and convert them to gold but they cannot do it the other way.)

But other than that you’re correct, the exchange rates are set by the number of transactions in each direction. So if more people buy gems with gold the price of gold will go down.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Free players cannot use the gold to gems exchange. (They can buy gems and convert them to gold but they cannot do it the other way.)

But other than that you’re correct, the exchange rates are set by the number of transactions in each direction. So if more people buy gems with gold the price of gold will go down.

I don’t mean F2P, I mean your general playerbase who play for free after the initial game purchase. They have time to grind in game for gold to gems, I have to work so buying gems to get gold is the go to for me.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Unkillable eles

I laughed more than I should have when I saw this.

I had the exact same reaction.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Anet only do major patches like balance changes every other tuesday and its supposed to happen this month. You do the math. Its gonna happen today.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yes, as I said it could very well be today, and I’ll be happy if it is. I’m just trying to head off the “ANet broke a promise” posts if it isn’t.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, the balance patch will have a big effect on whether I start investing in gems again, but my hopes aren’t high.

I’m really hoping that ANet can eventually learn how to balance classes so that certain classes aren’t completely left out of the raid meta as well as to handle just how blatantly inferior some spells/abilities are (looking at you, Necro GS).

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Yea, the balance patch will have a big effect on whether I start investing in gems again, but my hopes aren’t high.

I’m really hoping that ANet can eventually learn how to balance classes so that certain classes aren’t completely left out of the raid meta as well as to handle just how blatantly inferior some spells/abilities are (looking at you, Necro GS).

I think the balance shouldn’t be “no class completely left out,” but instead “no class is essential/required.” There’s a subtle difference, I’ll admit, but I think it’s also an important difference. One often overlooked when a change causes people to exclaim their class will no longer be wanted in raids, fractals, or whatever other content is the flavor of the complaint.

~EW

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Excellently said.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

What time does patches usually arrive? I’m so anxious ._.

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I spent money on Gems before the anniversary sale and I still have 1k Gems left, waiting for the freaking Aetherblade Light armor to come back, lol…

Waiting for Tuesday

Endless Soul.5178

What time does patches usually arrive? I’m so anxious ._.

Usually after 9am Pacific time.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara

Waiting for Tuesday

Randulf.7614

10 mins!!

Waiting for Tuesday

Endless Soul.5178

It’s downloading! IT’S DOWNLOADING!!!

| Claara

Waiting for Tuesday

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Looking at patch notes…and it’s pretty clear my wallet is staying closed.

Rev – Now probably useless in raids.
Engi – Still useless in raids.

There’s still some aspects that I’m not sure I understand all the implications of yet (Ranger), but overall, it looks like build diversity is decreased overall for PvE and there’s still major issues because of how skills perform in PvE vs PvP.

Bleh…

Waiting for Tuesday

misterman.1530

Looking at patch notes…and it’s pretty clear my wallet is staying closed.

Rev – Now probably useless in raids.
Engi – Still useless in raids.

Bleh…

You could add:

Necro – does Anet even play a necro? Their laughable assertion that it’s “just fine” makes me wonder. Maybe in PvE it’s…okay…certainly can solo more things in PvE than I can with other classes. But in WvW – you get focused and you die.

Horrible patch. Wallet staying shut. So “gnihc-ahc” (which is cha-ching backwards)