Waiting for Yaks Bend to lose in WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

is like waiting for rain in a desert. WvW colors need to be on a set rotation… It is very discouraging to play after I have been waiting for the vista and PoI inside of red’s home keep due to the fact that most servers don’t give up their home keep and given the close proximity to the home WP, it is very easy to defend and/or re-cap making the ppt hardly worth it to attempt to flip it in the first place. To put it into perspective, out of the last 24 weeks Yaks Bend has been red twice (and, unfortunately for me, I have either missed it or have been focusing on a different aspect of my legendary unaware of how much a pain in the kitten WvW map comp was going to be, and also not realizing it was going to take 20-something weeks to be red again.)

At least, I suggest making it so Edge of the Mists (a much more flip-friendly WvW area) count for WvW Map completion, or just scrap WvW for map completion as a whole.

I am so close to incinerator and it is very much discouraging me from playing the game because I am tired of waiting for Yaks bend to lose in WvW or for the slight chance that it may turn Red after taking 1st place.

(edited by Sparks The Rescue.5043)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Yak’s Bend is blue this week, Fort Aspenwood is red. Are you playing on Dragonbrand? If so, you were red last week.

Sparks The Rescue.5043

I am playing on Yaks Bend.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Have you tried asking commanders on your server? Sometimes they will help if they’re in the mood. You can also try sneaking in while DB is flipping it (easier said than done, but possible). Also keep an eye on this site, which gives you a live map of wvw http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/ you may find what you’re looking for at a late or early hour.

Karizee.8076

Yak’s losing would not help them take red garrison, in fact quite the opposite! But the colors do rotate, they do not depend on whether you won or lost the week before.

Sparks The Rescue.5043

Yak’s losing would not help them take red garrison, in fact quite the opposite! But the colors do rotate, they do not depend on whether you won or lost the week before.

From my understanding, WvW colors are determined by match up and server rank. Green is assigned to first, blue is assigned to second, and red is assigned to third with a slight chance for deviation, with the % of green (1st) changing to red (3rd) being the lowest and since Yaks Bend controls the silver league, the percent chance that Yaks Bend loses or the algorithm assigns Yaks Bend to Red is both very low. So, this is where you find me… 99.9% world completion lacking a few very easily red defendable areas in EBG, and unable to get them.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Hide all of Yak’s Bend’s siege engines, steal all their blueprints and they will be at a loss.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

False.

1st = green
2nd = blue
3rd = red

Always.

Karizee.8076

False.

1st = green
2nd = blue
3rd = red

Always.

Then how do you explain Yak’s being blue this week since they won last week?

Sparks The Rescue.5043

False.

1st = green
2nd = blue
3rd = red

Always.

It’s not always the case, but there is a slight chance of deviation but it very frequently favors 1st to 2nd, or 2nd to 3rd, and almost never 1st to 3rd (as the problem I am having.)

Posted by: ViralVarda.2739

ViralVarda.2739

Wait, let me understand this. You’re complaining YBs isn’t losing WvW. And then you’re upset you didn’t realize how difficult mapping WvW which is necessary for a legendary, the final cosmetic goal for weapons. If I ever go for the final of anything, I’ll make sure to do my research. Heck, even the wiki says to do map completion first. While I admit mapping can be difficult, but if your server is winning, you’ll probably flip the map at least once for that week. Just gotta pay attention.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

False.

1st = green
2nd = blue
3rd = red

Always.

If I understand it correctly there is an addition of RNG added to the system that allows for some variety. This is what explains the changes. In theory it would allow YB to actually jump to t1 if they got a high roll and the 3rd rank t1 server got a low roll, assuming the overall scores were close enough (I don’t follow it enough to know).

That said I had the same issue on BG not that long ago, we were ranked 2nd in overall scoring but could not get lucky enough to get green, TC who was ranked 3rd actually bumped up during that time but we never did. In the end I was lucky enough to take the garrison I needed to finish 2 weeks before the season hit and we then got green a few times and I actually finished completion on a second character during that.

To the OP your best bet is to capture the garrison, I know it’s tough. Second option is to hope for the luck of RNG to get you into the right color. If all that fails seasons act outside of the normal scope and you may see the color more often there though that’s going to vary depending on your success and how the math works out.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Servers ranked 4-7 are all ranked very close to each other (Yak’s is one of them). Don’t wait for YB to go red in T2, wait for the random matchup to put YB into a T3 matchup.

You’ll be able to karma train every tower you want when that happens (just look at the T3 matchup this week).