Wake up wvw

Wake up wvw

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sirjosh.9561

sirjosh.9561

So I’m new to GW2 and I’ve really anticipated wvw up until now where everyone is asleep on my home world Gandara (Europe).
Is there anyway to find awake people or go to another world for wvw purely because my countries time zone is far in front of Europe’s and America’s (12 hours ahead of England).
Please help I really would like to play this.

Wake up wvw

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

You would have to transfer to a different server to join another team.

Wake up wvw

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Try a server with a large oceanic population. Umm, not sure which ones are the best for that these days though. I’m on Jade Quarry (US) and right now there is still a queue to get into Eternal Battlegrounds. Even on the borderlands there are still people playing.

Wake up wvw

sirjosh.9561

Darn I don’t have the cash at all to purchase gems to move servers…
Really should of researched servers before I picked one.

Wake up wvw

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Since you are new, maybe you wouldn’t mind deleting your characters? You can star off fresh on a new server if you do that.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Wake up wvw

sirjosh.9561

Since you are new, maybe you wouldn’t mind deleting your characters? You can star off fresh on a new server if you do that.

Hmm so Jade Quarry sounds good except I don’t know when people will be on all the time unless it is Oceanic based, if I deleted my character wouldn’t I still have to pay in gems though?
Or wait 7 days?

Wake up wvw

xarallei.4279

Hmm so Jade Quarry sounds good except I don’t know when people will be on all the time unless it is Oceanic based, if I deleted my character wouldn’t I still have to pay in gems though?
Or wait 7 days?

Black Gate or Jade Quarry will probably be fine. Both those servers tend to have some people on 24/7 pretty much. If you’re character is very low level you might as well delete and choose a new server. You do not have to pay and should not have to wait if you do this. It’s free.

I would suggest creating a low level toon and then just run around in WvW. See if there are enough people up around the time you are up. Test the servers until you find the right one.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Wake up wvw

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Or wait 7 days?

Black Gate or Jade Quarry will probably be fine. Both those servers tend to have some people on 24/7 pretty much. If you’re character is very low level you might as well delete and choose a new server. You do not have to pay or wait if you do this. It’s free.

I wouldn’t recommend swapping to BG unless you like 30 minute+ queues for Borderlands and 3 hour minimum queues for EB.

Wake up wvw

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Or wait 7 days?

Black Gate or Jade Quarry will probably be fine. Both those servers tend to have some people on 24/7 pretty much. If you’re character is very low level you might as well delete and choose a new server. You do not have to pay or wait if you do this. It’s free.

I wouldn’t recommend swapping to BG unless you like 30 minute+ queues for Borderlands and 3 hour minimum queues for EB.

On oceanic/sea timezones? Usually by 3am central/1am pacific only EB has a queue and it’s usually not very long.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Wake up wvw

xarallei.4279

Or wait 7 days?

Ewww, that bad with the queues on BG? Yeah, then he might want to try JQ. The queue to EB isn’t that bad and there isn’t a queue for borderlands (but there are still people on the map).

Wake up wvw

Substance E.4852

Or wait 7 days?

Ewww, that bad with the queues on BG? Yeah, then he might want to try JQ. The queue to EB isn’t that bad and there isn’t a queue for borderlands (but there are still people on the map).

BG’s cursed or something. We can muster our entire map on a commander and only get 40 people on a map that has multi hour queues.

Wake up wvw

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Or wait 7 days?

BG’s cursed or something. We can muster our entire map on a commander and only get 40 people on a map that has multi hour queues.

Maybe the total player capacity on each map is only 120.

Wake up wvw

Substance E.4852

Or wait 7 days?

Its supposedly a fluid maximum that is based on the average population per server or some such deal but the most I have ever seen in one blob was 60-70.

Wake up wvw

Khisanth.2948

Or wait 7 days?

Its supposedly a fluid maximum that is based on the average population per server or some such deal but the most I have ever seen in one blob was 60-70.

Are you referring to the info in one of their presentations?(linked from the thread about server performance) That is just for determining what to display on the world selection window.

Wake up wvw

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Or wait 7 days?

Blackgate and JQ both have oceanic and european crew. So should be fine for you. You delete all your toon and transfer will be free.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Wake up wvw

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

asleep on my home world Gandara (Europe).

Gandara has a semi-decent night presence; I am surprised you are having this problem. Try being a little social in map chat while in WvW and indicate you would like to join a night-capping guild.

There are multiple ways that the servers make the most out of the limited amount of players during the night (at least in the silver league, I hear gold doesn’t have this problem) – but it usually boils down to a single large zerg jumping between maps doing as much damage as possible (or defending where needed); you may just be on the wrong map. Watch the WvW map and see if you have a group flipping positions to your color, move to that map and introduce yourself.

Or you could move to a gold league server; but you will have queues there and zergy zergs.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Wake up wvw

Khisanth.2948

asleep on my home world Gandara (Europe).

Gandara has a semi-decent night presence; I am surprised you are having this problem. Try being a little social in map chat while in WvW and indicate you would like to join a night-capping guild.

It might just be due to bad timing because of stuff that happened earlier in the week.

Wake up wvw

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Or wait 7 days?

If you delete your characters, the transfer is free. There is a 7 day wait if you want to transfer a second time.

Transferring servers
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Server
“The transfer fee is only charged if you have characters on your account; in other words, if your account has no characters or you delete all existing characters first, you will be prompted to select a new home world after creating a new character, free of charge.

To transfer to a different world, go to the character selection screen (using F12 or when you first logon) and select the desired world; you will be logged out while the game makes these changes, which might take 5-30 minutes. You can transfer once every seven days at a cost determined by the destination server population and whether or not you have characters".

Be sure and remove all items that you want to keep and put them in hour bank. If you already have a guild, such as a personal guild bank, the items in it will not transfer with you. If you have a personal guild bank, you should remove all items and put them in your regular bank.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)