Want the human female animations back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Niteraven.1372

Niteraven.1372

I read that this is a “bug”. That was weeks ago. Unfortunately, I still don’t believe it IS a bug. It seems to me like something is being slid in here. What was the problem with the female animations? I liked the foot shuffle, myself. It gave the characters “life”. There have been thousands of views on another post about this. I would like other players comments/considerations. What happened to these animations? Why? Why won’t we get them back? I only have one female, who is low level, so I can delete her. I do feel for others of you who have been complaining though. NOTHING has been done. I realize it isn’t that important, but I do not like things taken away for no reason with no fix. Just my two cents.

“When I was your age, progeny, we used 20 sided dice.. and we LIKED it!!!” ~~ Berddi

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Confirmed to be a bug and they are working on it. There are a lot of bugs still from the feature pack and I imagine a missing idle animation is low priority since it’s not affecting gameplay. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/2#post4392079 Be patient.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Niteraven.1372

Still waiting… almost a month.

“When I was your age, progeny, we used 20 sided dice.. and we LIKED it!!!” ~~ Berddi

Niteraven.1372

…. and still waiting.

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

It will be fixed with next feature pack, in 2015.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

RIP the cutest animation ever. =(

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Aye, waiting for this. And the personal story to get fixed. And most of the maddening starter zones changes to be reverted (won’t happen, but what the hell).

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It actually goes nicely with this thread , along with questions about why they had to change the running animation. It was fine, and if there were complaints about it, they were all handled very quietly, as I don’t recall any 900 page screed (like the kind they usually allow to fester because they choose not to answer questions which have answers) asking for a change.

And the clothing system too, which while mostly born out of an effort to reduce their costs while charging us more, seemed to have conveniently left out certain types of clothes. Even beyond the types of clothes, that whole thing was sad, and still the biggest sore spot for me.

But now, I guess, the excuse is, "Well, if we say anything, no one will like what we will say, so we’ll just let you all create 900 page screeds and let it devolve into yelling and personal attacks.

It’s hard not to look at all the pieces, and not know what it’s about. But I really don’t understand it. The same people will fight for the rights of all sorts of people (which is awesome), but then when it comes to this, it’s not about choices and options. It’s not about having something else because they don’t like the way it looks. It has to be that ‘no one’ can have that.

I can understand and respect why someone might not want their character to look a certain way, and fully respect introducing choices and options to make it so they have other options. I don’t understand telling someone else they can’t let their character look or behave a certain way. They could have solved these things in other ways. While the clothing change should have never been done, idle and running animations could have been turned into something you choose for your character, just like a hair style, as one example. Might have even been another cash opportunity, making interesting running animations for different races (skipping, limps, etc) that would encourage full make over kit purchases from time to time.

But their answer was to go with intolerance.

Yes, I would like to know why. And not something made up, the truth. I’d like to know what they believe in, as a company, so I can make choices for myself. I would be sad to go, but I think I have a right to know what the new live team (because clearly the original developers and the team on the job the first 6 months or so had very different values) believes in with respect to this. If these were all little changes they hoped no one would notice (idle animation; running animation; “oh, some of those clothing layers are super hard because…um…flux capicitors!”), because the only way they know how to answer wherever the criticism is to swing the pendulum of intolerance rather than providing choices and options for everyone to make characters as they see fit, then to me, that’s not really much better than the Papa John’s or Hobby Lobby’s of the world, and I’ll see myself out.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

I don’t really see why animations that are obviously already in the game take this long to reactivate but i’d like to see arenanet not use their usual “iterations, iterations” method and just re-enable them.

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

Like all the changes which did not make any sense…

Why there was a need to:
-Remove a heart (assist grimarr molesmasher).
-Change heart (like feeding bears and cow feed) into something else.
-Remove some npc (at the start of the sylvari they removed the warden who encourage you to the fight the nightmare).
-Remove a whole storyline(my greatest fear).
-Change the awakening for sylvari (sylvari who just born have their armor on now).

I may have missed other things but the point is removing (or unnecessary changes) for existing content is never a good idea. I think there may have been bugs with some of the things that have been removed but why remove instead of fixing them? It give you the feel that something have been broken or it is unfinished now.

Asmodeus.5782

I can’t shake the feeling that some activist kitten considered the stretch animation to be too sexy for the current pol. correctness standards.

William S. Burroughs

kolompi.1287

Well, if Asmodeus is right and that was an intended change, then anet should tell us that it won’t come back so i can be kittened off properly.

Niteraven.1372

I can’t shake the feeling that some activist kitten considered the stretch animation to be too sexy for the current pol. correctness standards.

Exactly my thoughts. Another post on this has been relegated to the “bugs” section. It has thousands of views. I’m sure this post will be shut down shortly too… or relegated and merged to the “bin of death”. We have no say.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

yea it was awesome i liked it too

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I doubt something as inconsequential as an idle animation was intentionally removed, or is being intentionally ignored and labelled a bug as part of some kind of deceit.

It’s an embarrassing truth of programming that bugs can crop up in the oddest of places and for reasons that seem to have no connection to anything.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This is just pathetic. It’s taking them this long to fix it? It just shows where their priorities truly are, and that’s the gem store.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

This is just pathetic. It’s taking them this long to fix it? It just shows where their priorities truly are, and that’s the gem store.

Their priorities, I would imagine, lie with fixing bugs with content that affects gameplay. A missing idle animation is insignificant compared with a bug that actually affects game progression.

And it’s also been stated a few times just since I started playing by staff, but they have different teams working on different aspects of the game (though you’ll likely find all gem store content was developed a while ago, and is simply set to a staggered release, requiring little upkeep)

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Niteraven.1372

Well it’s true that this game has more bugs than South Florida. Something still smells funny about this. That’s my point I guess. Instead of playing a human female, which had great animations, you get to play a tiny Norn. I just don’t think its a bug. I think there’s something else.

rapthorne.7345

Well it’s true that this game has more bugs than South Florida. Something still smells funny about this. That’s my point I guess. Instead of playing a human female, which had great animations, you get to play a tiny Norn. I just don’t think its a bug. I think there’s something else.



Attachments:

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Why there was a need to:
-Snip-.

-Remove a whole story line(my greatest fear).

-Snip-

I may have missed other things but the point is removing (or unnecessary changes) for existing content is never a good idea. I think there may have been bugs with some of the things that have been removed but why remove instead of fixing them? It give you the feel that something have been broken or it is unfinished now.

For the five millionth time, the Greatest Fear story line was not removed, but it’s missing because of a bug, however, with all the changes made to the sequencing of the PS, correcting the issue isn’t some simple task. Nor is going in and fixing any bug when most systems are interrelated…you know, you fix one thing and it causes something else to break…that is what happens with great complexity. Not saying that at some point they “might” have to scrap the Greatest Fear portion because they’re unable to correcting sequence it and find a fix, but right now there are still numerous bugs from the feature pack…and every time changes are made it just makes it that much harder to find and fix the bugs, especially with non-reproduceable ones.

However, I’ve noticed that it seems a lot of people around here don’t have any patience, as if the world is going to end tomorrow and they want everything fixed yesterday.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Please don’t fix it, I hate it when they touch their hair and their fingers clip into their brain. How can you guys look at that ugly clipping during the animation? And I haven’t mentioned the stretched armpits and hand through side weapons yet… Yuck. : /

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Bring them back!

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/first

Been following this thread for a while now. What bothers me personally the most about this “bug” is that perhaps they only label things as bugs because there are too many bugs for them to fix in the game and labeling the removal of this animation as a bug would be an easy way for them to take it out of the game. They labelled it as a bug and likely put it in a bin with other low-priority “bugs” so that they will never have to deal with this issue again.

If anything, they should add more idle animations to the game to add a little more variety. Perhaps some more command emotes as well. I’d pay gems for that. These are my opinions anyway.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/first

Been following this thread for a while now. What bothers me personally the most about this “bug” is that perhaps they only label things as bugs because there are too many bugs for them to fix in the game and labeling the removal of this animation as a bug would be an easy way for them to take it out of the game. They labelled it as a bug and likely put it in a bin with other low-priority “bugs” so that they will never have to deal with this issue again.

This would require data mining to see if the animation data is still in the .dat file, while by no mean conclusive proof, it does show that the animation still exists but the code governing the animation of player characters was adjusted in some way.

As was stated previously by someone else however programming is a deadly art of continuous hunt the bug and when you fix one thing you ‘can’ break something unrelated, that said to add a little more surgery goodness to your conspiracy and quite frankly it razes an eyebrow in wonder of just how is this game written, that something as simple as an idle animation can break so easy, after no doubt countless other patches and updates.

Supposition:
Also keep in mind that the ‘patch’ notes only inform you of what directly “may” effect you as a player, they don’t detail every man and his dog tasks they was working on, it maybe they was working on more idle animations or more emotes but the patch had to go out on a certain date, deadline reached task incomplete so rather than delay take out the effective changes and poof, idle animation broke.

Server: Gate of Madness

Niteraven.1372



Attachments:

kolompi.1287

Really? There are problems related to programming to put back something that was in the game for over 2 years and worked fine?

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

Why there was a need to:
-Snip-.

-Remove a whole story line(my greatest fear).

-Snip-

For the five millionth time, the Greatest Fear story line was not removed, but it’s missing because of a bug, however, with all the changes made to the sequencing of the PS, correcting the issue isn’t some simple task. Nor is going in and fixing any bug when most systems are interrelated…you know, you fix one thing and it causes something else to break…that is what happens with great complexity. Not saying that at some point they “might” have to scrap the Greatest Fear portion because they’re unable to correcting sequence it and find a fix, but right now there are still numerous bugs from the feature pack…and every time changes are made it just makes it that much harder to find and fix the bugs, especially with non-reproduceable ones.

However, I’ve noticed that it seems a lot of people around here don’t have any patience, as if the world is going to end tomorrow and they want everything fixed yesterday.

I don’t think removing and changing chapters count as a ‘bug’.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-Greatest-Fear-Plotline/page/6#post4479833

rapthorne.7345



If you observe my post history, you’ll see I’ve actually been overly critical of ANet. I just think you’re being unreasonable in your expectations that the developers prioritise an idle animation over actual bugs that affect gameplay

kolompi.1287

They could remove just these animations by accident and now they cannot find a way to re-enable them?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I honestly have never seen the difference between the “old” and “new” running animations, but I admittedly don’t like playing human characters despite having two of them. The idle animations would be nice to have back.

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

why they had to change the running animation.

Thanks for mentioning this. I’m really sad we haven’t had any answers about this and the lack of attention it gets.

Niteraven.1372

Well I only opened it because my original page just got moved to the bug forum and ignored like this one will.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Totally agree! And I would like to have the old female running animation!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

rapthorne.7345

Well I only opened it because my original page just got moved to the bug forum and ignored like this one will.

A topic about a bug got moved to the bug forum?

Seems to be working just fine

Niteraven.1372

To clarify on my last post. I did not open the one that got moved. Someone else opened it.

Asmodeus.5782

Right. Today or not, whaddaya think?

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

I can say with 100% confidence they did not fix this bug.

kolompi.1287

Maybe in the halloween patch that goes live soon.

DarkOcean.8746

I hate being right sometimes. But, hey! More gem store garbage. Oh, and no Halloween 2012 skins because they probably make an absolute killing on desperate people converting gems into gold to get them.

Niteraven.1372

I would like a DEV post on this.. and NOT from somebody in “Community Special Operations”.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

First they kitten with our toons running animation without asking anyone, without telling anyone, fixing what was just FINE and then playing their usual silence game, no comments, no nothing. full on IGNORE mode. Now idle animation are gone and they seem to be unable to fix it. What’s next. And then you look at how Blizzard handled the implementation of new character models and animation for them. There’s an actual option to turn them off and bring the old ones back. Guess who cares about their players. xP

Niteraven.1372

… and waiting.

kolompi.1287

I hate being right sometimes. But, hey! More gem store garbage. Oh, and no Halloween 2012 skins because they probably make an absolute killing on desperate people converting gems into gold to get them.

The “gemstore garbage” outfit is pretty amazing, this thread is about the animations not coming back.
If it’s still classified as a “bug” then an arenanet dev should speak up and tell us when it’s going to be fixed. If it’s not a bug but intentional then tell us that so we are not left in the dark anymore.

DarkOcean.8746

The “gemstore garbage” outfit is pretty amazing.

Your opinion.

I really wanted the animations to be fixed in this patch; is it still on the radar?

Edit: I’m tired of having to argue with this company to get back things that are removed. Town clothing, Gem/Gold custom conversions, and now animations.

(edited by DarkOcean.8746)

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

Please fix this.

kolompi.1287

Your opinion.

I really wanted the animations to be fixed in this patch; is it still on the radar?

Edit: I’m tired of having to argue with this company to get back things that are removed. Town clothing, Gem/Gold custom conversions, and now animations.

Just like “garbage” was your opinion and pretty irrelevant too like you pointed out so why bring it up in the first place?
And the animations won’t be fixed, i bet someday someone at arenanet sat down to play the game for the first time and saw the animations. Then thought to themselves: “This is not appropriate, it has to be removed, what if 13 years olds see this?” Then it was gone “due to a bug”, and it will be classified a bug until everybody who cares about these animations is either gone or tired of asking for it. New players who have never seen them will not ask for them. Problem solved.

(edited by kolompi.1287)

DarkOcean.8746

Your opinion.

Just like “garbage” was your opinion and pretty irrelevant too like you pointed out so why bring it up in the first place?

Because you set out to correct me and claim that the outfit was nice? You can’t correct my opinion. I’m glad you like the outfit, but I don’t like that 1. They’re whole outfits and 2. Neither come with a toy. They’re charging the same price for inferior products. If that’s not lazy, what is it?

I digress. I’m tired of things being taken away. And as someone pointed out earlier, the dirt kicking animation is also gone — it’s not just the stretching animation that is missing.

kolompi.1287

I digress.

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

IMHO, if Anet hasn’t fixed this by now, after all the patches they’ve had since this problem started, it’s because they have no intention of doing so and are hoping that we’ll forget about it.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Niteraven.1372

No. They aren’t going to fix it. I’m not going to stop asking for a dev post either.