Wanting to get back into playing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kurick.3680

Kurick.3680

I have been away from the game since just before scarlet was killed and I have been wanting to get back into playing this game bust I keep feeling lost and not knowing what to do in this game anymore and feeling like the game is empty when ever I am playing the game. Any ideas on how to get back into the game?

Posted by: Georgieee.4958

Georgieee.4958

Right off the bat asking specific questions in Lion’s Arch might be helpful. You can also browse through the announcements on the main page to read up on feature packs, new mechanics, new patches and check out the GW2 atlas page to catch up on the Living Story Season. After this I’d grab a cup of coffee and log in and slowly check out the new feature and start the second Living Story! The new story journal facilitates returning players; however, I believe you’ll have to pay 200 gems for the chapters that you have missed but at least it’s available.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Take it slow start by enjoying the Halloween starting Tuesday and in 2 week we’ll start the second part of Living Story 2 inside a brand new explorable area.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Find and join a guild that matches your play style. I’m a casual, fun/social player so that’s the kind of guild I joined.

Having an active guild means you’re not always on your own and you can not only ask questions, but join in activities.

Posted by: Kurick.3680

Kurick.3680

Find and join a guild that matches your play style. I’m a casual, fun/social player so that’s the kind of guild I joined.

Having an active guild means you’re not always on your own and you can not only ask questions, but join in activities.

Yea I agree, I am sure it does help being in a guild and not playing alone all the time, I guess if I find a guild that is active and get on well with the people it will get me more interested in the game again. Been thinking of moving to a more populated server and find an active guild.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yea I agree, I am sure it does help being in a guild and not playing alone all the time, I guess if I find a guild that is active and get on well with the people it will get me more interested in the game again. Been thinking of moving to a more populated server and find an active guild.

If you don’t care about WvW, and you’re a PvE’er, you can ignore what server the guild is on as well.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Right off the bat asking specific questions in Lion’s Arch might be helpful. You can also browse through the announcements on the main page to read up on feature packs, new mechanics, new patches and check out the GW2 atlas page to catch up on the Living Story Season. After this I’d grab a cup of coffee and log in and slowly check out the new feature and start the second Living Story! The new story journal facilitates returning players; however, I believe you’ll have to pay 200 gems for the chapters that you have missed but at least it’s available.

I believe the Atlas is no more, but this page/site can be helpful: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

Welcome return, and good luck!