Warbringer is A CLOAK! Future cloak releases?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

I love the war bringer and the cape/cloak effects on the legendary back piece. Can we all agree that Anet has the potential to add more cloak like items , even Gem store items to the game? Cause i’m really dying to get one! Even guild made cloaks that show guild logos. Or even cloaks that wrap around the neck and drape down. I’m sure you guys can do it ! Patiently waiting ! Been playing since 2012 ! its already 2017 what are you guys waiting for ? ! #HYPETRAIN

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

I really hope so!

I would be totally fine with a 2 stripe mantle like that one.
Please Anet!??

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I thought it just had a couple of long red strips of cloth hanging off each side? Each side of a really huge object, at that, so they hang well away from the body.

ANet’s been able to do rippling ribbon effects for some time. I don’t see how this backpack really counts as a cloak. To me a cloak has the ability to wrap around in front of you — it’s made to cover against cold and/or precipitation, even if it gets fancied up like the image below.

Attachments:

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I love the war bringer and the cape/cloak effects on the legendary back piece. Can we all agree that Anet has the potential to add more cloak like items , even Gem store items to the game? Cause i’m really dying to get one! Even guild made cloaks that show guild logos. Or even cloaks that wrap around the neck and drape down. I’m sure you guys can do it ! Patiently waiting ! Been playing since 2012 ! its already 2017 what are you guys waiting for ? ! #HYPETRAIN

I definitely don’t have the same definition of “cloak” as you do.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Dead Exposure.8042

Dead Exposure.8042

This a really great idea as cloaks were in GW1 as guild identifiers. What I would also like to see as it sort of pertains to this would be the release of classic GW1 armor like platemail armor or FoW as something that can be obtained in game or bought in store.

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

It’s not a cloak. Gw2 devs have stated time and time again that they are unable to add cloaks to the game due to the limitations of the way they implemented character models and the plethora of clipping issues it would derive from them. Imagine the cloak on a Charr. It would take them months to figure out how to make it work and i’m not sure they can at all at this point or they would have by now. Cloaks will never be in the game.

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

It’s not a cloak. Gw2 devs have stated time and time again that they are unable to add cloaks to the game due to the limitations of the way they implemented character models and the plethora of clipping issues it would derive from them. Imagine the cloak on a Charr. It would take them months to figure out how to make it work and i’m not sure they can at all at this point or they would have by now. Cloaks will never be in the game.

You’re in for a surprise

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE