Wardrobe Dye Changes

Wardrobe Dye Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sinsko.9342

Sinsko.9342

Coming here to express some frustration with the upcoming changes to the dye system. While I am happy that the dyes are FINALLY becoming account bound, I’m not happy that they are not retro-active.

Playing from Day-1 and spending hours and effort collecting rare dyes on my main character (400+ dyes), it’s a bit frustrating to see that if I want those dyes account wide I have to obtain them all over again.

HOWEVER – if someone just started out with GW2, they can collect them, and BAM – have them across all characters. As a veteran player, I feel this is more of a slap in the face, then a privileged – even if I’m getting some unidentified dyes for my alts.

Saints – Ranger / Vincent Nightmare – Thief

Wardrobe Dye Changes

Posted by: Tranc.6780

Tranc.6780

I think the premise of your disgruntlement is erroneous.

From the dye FAQ (linked at the end of the dye article):

“With the new dye system, how will dyes be unlocked?

Each dye that one of your characters currently has unlocked will become available to every character on your account when you log in with that character. This means that if Character A has Green Dye unlocked, it will not be available to the rest of your characters until you log in with Character A. Once you do that, any character may use the dye."

Wardrobe Dye Changes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Any dye you have unlocked now, will be unlocked account-wide after the patch. You need only log-in to the character that has a particular dye unlocked to unlock it for every other character.

So, no slaps in face………….

Wardrobe Dye Changes

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Yeah, you don’t need to collect any of the dyes again. If you have a dye on any of your characters, after the patch they will be available to ALL your characters.

Wardrobe Dye Changes

Posted by: Sinsko.9342

Sinsko.9342

OOHHHHHHHHHH thanks guys! The way it sounded was that we would get Unidentified Dyes in place of what we had!

I read through it a couple times… and got confused with this:

When you unlock a dye after the feature pack is released, all characters on your account will have unlimited access to that color.

Seemed like we would have to get them again… -whew- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Saints – Ranger / Vincent Nightmare – Thief

(edited by Sinsko.9342)