Wardrobe: another money/gold sink

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Anet was on the right track with creating the wardrobe for players, but this is not quite what the players wanted, at least for me.

I wanted to be able to stick various armors of different stats into the wardrobe and be able to change my armor build on the fly if I wanted to. It would have been a great addition with the instant trait reset that will be released!

It is too bad, because players are still going to have to carry different stat sets in their inventory cluttering up space that could be for drops. This wardrobe thing doesn’t really change anything for many players who like to run different builds. It is a real shame.

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Well it’s a wardrobe not an armory. 7-8 slots are not that much for an extra armor set.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

We also haven’t heard everything that’s coming in the update either. Maybe the Armory you desire is still to be revealed?

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

I agree with Trixie, carrying gear is not an issue, if you even have 15 slot bags (1gish each) you should have no problem carrying an extra set.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It’s an issue because it is inconvenient. Pretty much every other MMO has a system in place that allows players to store cosmetic looks/armor stats on tabs and switch between them instantly.

I agree we’re jumping the gun here, as it hasn’t been implemented yet – but that fact that this wasn’t mentioned in the preview is troubling.

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

It’s an issue because it is inconvenient. Pretty much every other MMO has a system in place that allows players to store cosmetic looks/armor stats on tabs and switch between them instantly.

I agree we’re jumping the gun here, as it hasn’t been implemented yet – but that fact that this wasn’t mentioned in the preview is troubling.

Pretty much every other MMO? What a massive hyperbole.

\o/

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Just randomly chiming in. In the MMOs I’ve played (20 some odd ones of various ages and quality), I have never experienced a system that allowed me to swap armor sets instantly.

I’m sure the feature will be implemented eventually (hopefully). The trait changes and wardrobe changes are a good step forward in the right direction towards that.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

You can QQ all you want, the wardrobe wasn’t meant to stock your stats.
It was meant for skins collectors.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

You can QQ all you want, the wardrobe wasn’t meant to stock your stats.
It was meant for skins collectors.

I know this. I also carry two 20-slot invisible bags to keep 3 sets of armor stats.

A full armor set DOES NOT take up 6 slots. It takes up at least 13(counting trinkets and weapons because 6 armor pieces doesnt really count as a full stat set).

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

my other problem with your “insta switch” idea is the way wvwers and pvpers will abuse it. you switch gear dependant on your situation at the click of a button, wherass if you have to equip one at a time you can get caught with your trousers down. Much the same way npc items that gives u skills don’t have a hotbar, its kind of guild wars 2’s way of saying these items should not be for gaining an unfair advantage. not for regular and easy use. (of course now you pretty much cant use them anywhere so I think they should give them a hotbar now :P)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

What has the text in the OP to do with the title ?

@Title
And no .. its not another goldsink. If we had the wardrobe already from the beginning i think i would have spent around 1500 gold less for duplictate skins.

@Text
I think a lot of people wanted exactly this, since GW2 is for very much people more a skinbased game than e statbased game.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Eskarina Tigress.3785

Eskarina Tigress.3785

Goldsink? It doesnt change anything except it unlocks everything for every toon. If you want to carry a second or third set of armor around like you do now then that is still equally feasible, it wasnt supposed to adress that. It doesnt charge you gold to use it, it doesnt require gold to change the look of your armor (or no more than it already costs) and it isnt mean to store stats, just skins.

People are weird…

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Er…how to do this.

In relation to the title, yes it’ll end up being a bit of a gold sink as people would be more likely to experiment with different looks…I would prefer if it cost 1 charge per change regardless of the number of pieces you change-similar to the total makeover kit. But this is just borderline acceptable so it’s not too bad.

In relation to the actual post, the wardrobe is for skins-not stats, as others have pointed out. Those who wanted an easy way to access all the skins they’ve collected got what they want.

I also can’t recall a gear-based mmorpg that didn’t require you to carry different gear if you wanted different stats on the fly.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

OMFG are you SERIOUS?!?! They are going to be delivering a HUGE content and QoL update and you are STILL finding something to complain about?!?!!?!?!?

O.o

Really?

Newsflash, you don’t know what they might still have planned on that front. You have no idea if that is still something to come at another big update like this. Do you have any idea the volume of things they HAVE delivered on? Good god, enjoy the game that you have right now and stop with the complaining already. These threads just smack of entitlement.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

OMFG are you SERIOUS?!?! They are going to be delivering a HUGE content and QoL update and you are STILL finding something to complain about?!?!!?!?!?

O.o

Really?

Newsflash, you don’t know what they might still have planned on that front. You have no idea if that is still something to come at another big update like this. Do you have any idea the volume of things they HAVE delivered on? Good god, enjoy the game that you have right now and stop with the complaining already. These threads just smack of entitlement.

Welcome to the GW2 QQ forums.

Where do people actually come off thinking this wardrobe is a new money sink. It’s less of a money sink than the current system…

You just can’t fix stupid I guess.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

Please be sure to ask your questions/leave your feedback on this thread, so we can keep track for the developers. Thank you!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-thread-Wardrobe-System