Wardrope - Fused Gauntlets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pandabot.8752

Pandabot.8752

I have been wondering this, anet said old skins that you had used will apear in your wardrope, one of them being the fused gauntlets… i clearly have the achivment saying i got them, but i deleated them a while back. any chance of geting them back in the future?

Snoopception [DR]
Commited Loot Bag Lover

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

No, they didn’t bother to make a system which could scan for achievements and add the items (same with cultural armour).

They may code it someday, but I personally think that will never happen.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If you deleted the skin you don’t get it back sadly. But, in all honesty, at some point you decided you didn’t want the skin otherwise you wouldn’t have destroyed the gauntlets. So if you were OK living your GW2 life without them before, why do you suddenly care now?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Bummer; why do you think that? I guess I just don’t understand how a simple “if (specific or meta achievement) achieved, then unlock (armor skin)” would be so difficult :\ If an employee tells me that it’s not feasible or very difficult in the code, that’s another thing.

The skins lost would probably be some of the earliest ones, meaning that these players have supported and played the game since its early days. Implementing this just seems like really basic customer service care towards their most loyal customers to me.

It’s not like these skins were tradeable, so no one has made money off of losing the skin… it would just be a nice courtesy move to everyone who has invested themselves in the living story.

I hope they seriously consider it.

ETA:

So if you were OK living your GW2 life without them before, why do you suddenly care now?

Every other skin in game is able to be re-acquired and now LS skins will (with the click of a button) automagically store in your wardrobe forever. There is a very small segment of skins that you’ve earned that you will never have access to again. Maybe you build a new alt in a year who the piece suits more than the character you were on at the time? I don’t think people should be punished for not being psychically able to foresee the wardrobe and precisely how it was implemented.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

Draknar.5748

Every other skin in game is able to be re-acquired and now LS skins will (with the click of a button) automagically store in your wardrobe forever. There is a very small segment of skins that you’ve earned that you will never have access to again. Maybe you build a new alt in a year who the piece suits more than the character you were on at the time? I don’t think people should be punished for not being psychically able to foresee the wardrobe and precisely how it was implemented.

But you would have had access to that skin had you not used it on a character first and/or deleted it to begin with. I had a bunch of LS skins I thought looked horrible on my characters (via preview) but thought some day in the future I may want to use them so I banked them and when I made a new char I previewed them to see if I could work with them yet.

I didn’t need to foresee any wardrobe system to do this. I just thought to myself “well, I have no use for it right now, I’ll just hold onto it to see if it would look better in the future.”

If you deleted it you should have thought to yourself “well, I have no use for it right now— but if I delete it I will never see it again, whatever, see ya X skin!”. I mean, deleting implies forever, so why would you delete it unless you figured you would never need it again ever.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Bummer; why do you think that? I guess I just don’t understand how a simple “if (specific or meta achievement) achieved, then unlock (armor skin)” would be so difficult :\ If an employee tells me that it’s not feasible or very difficult in the code, that’s another thing.

The skins lost would probably be some of the earliest ones, meaning that these players have supported and played the game since its early days. Implementing this just seems like really basic customer service care towards their most loyal customers to me.

It’s not like these skins were tradeable, so no one has made money off of losing the skin… it would just be a nice courtesy move to everyone who has invested themselves in the living story.

I hope they seriously consider it.

I believe that I’ve witnessed, analyzed and listed enough bugs and features (see threads in my signature at least) which for me as a dev in my own area looked like several minutes of work but took years or never to get implemented, to say that in their B2P + cash shop model they mostly care for a) new players buying the game, b) casual players who’re ready to spend bucks for cosmetics and/or gold/boosters while being unable to suffer from lacking features or bugs simply because they’re too casual to think thoroughly about the game. Perfect example – potions which gave PLUS % damage got fixed only when LS featured new of the type; megaservers, town clothes tonics and outfits, trait restrictions, mindless zerg LS events are all lazy solutions to make casual players play longer while minimizing development costs.

And with the situation as is, I highly doubt that you or me or any other player who’ve played enough to accumulate so much gold to never need any gems anymore are not on ANet’s radar. That’s why they won’t really care for hardcore roleplayers, or for hardcore gamers demanding zergless challenging content, or for old “loyal” players which deleted previous skins by mistake (I deleted my Profane at level 2 because it took too much space!); and thus, they’ll be spending time on hypeable features instead of making a guy/gal who doesn’t need to pay anymore feel better. Sad truth.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

But you would have had access to that skin had you not used it on a character first and/or deleted it to begin with. I had a bunch of LS skins I thought looked horrible on my characters (via preview) but thought some day in the future I may want to use them so I banked them and when I made a new char I previewed them to see if I could work with them yet.

I didn’t need to foresee any wardrobe system to do this. I just thought to myself “well, I have no use for it right now, I’ll just hold onto it to see if it would look better in the future.”

If you deleted it you should have thought to yourself “well, I have no use for it right now— but if I delete it I will never see it again, whatever, see ya X skin!”. I mean, deleting implies forever, so why would you delete it unless you figured you would never need it again ever.

Again, I feel like these posts are asking people to have precognitive powers. I received the Mad Memoires (soulbound on acquire), which had useless stats and was almost immediately made visually obsolete by Mad Memoires: The Complete Edition. So you’re saying that in order for me to have the Mad Memoires right now, I should have held on to this soulbound, useless back piece for 2 years. Or do the “transmute onto white” workaround, which I had no idea about at the time as the game was like a month old and seeing the words “soulbound” made me think it was useless.

Should those who overwrote or deleted parts of gem store armor not have gotten back their full sets in their wardrobe? I don’t see the difference in terms of fairness.

I kept all the skins I couldn’t live without at the time, so I don’t have a lot of personal stake in this beyond what I think is fair. I’m just confused about why something that’s obviously beneficial to the playerbase with no impact on the economy or fairness to new players is being argued against by players. But really, I’d just like a comment from ANet (haha, wouldn’t we all) at some point clarifying if they’re silent on the issue because of coding difficulties, because they endorse this “sucks to be you, should have made a skin mule” outlook, because it’s working as intended and will never be considered, or what. You earned the skin. It says so right there in your achievements. I fail to see the problem beyond that of time and coding.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Draknar.5748

Again, I feel like these posts are asking people to have precognitive powers. I received the Mad Memoires (soulbound on acquire), which had useless stats and was almost immediately made visually obsolete by Mad Memoires: The Complete Edition. So you’re saying that in order for me to have the Mad Memoires right now, I should have held on to this soulbound, useless back piece for 2 years. Or do the “transmute onto white” workaround, which I had no idea about at the time as the game was like a month old and seeing the words “soulbound” made me think it was useless.

Should those who overwrote or deleted parts of gem store armor not have gotten back their full sets in their wardrobe? I don’t see the difference in terms of fairness.

I kept all the skins I couldn’t live without at the time, so I don’t have a lot of personal stake in this beyond what I think is fair. I’m just confused about why something that’s obviously beneficial to the playerbase with no impact on the economy or fairness to new players is being argued against by players. But really, I’d just like a comment from ANet (haha, wouldn’t we all) at some point clarifying if they’re silent on the issue because of coding difficulties, because they endorse this “sucks to be you, should have made a skin mule” outlook, because it’s working as intended and will never be considered, or what. You earned the skin. It says so right there in your achievements. I fail to see the problem beyond that of time and coding.

Yes, that is exactly what I’m saying. Maybe I’m the rare person who gets a limited edition skin (which all LS skins technically are) and holds onto it. You know, just in case. It’s clearly limited as Living Story was billed as essentially happening once then never again, and for all I knew it would never be available again, so even if I hate the skin, why the heck would I delete it, maybe some day there would be a crazy armor combination I discover where the skin fits perfectly? I dunno, I can’t be the only one that thinks this way.