Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MalakiteGW.9651

MalakiteGW.9651

Take a note folks —- Make sure you spend laurels before exceeding 100. Unlike EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME THAT STACKS TO 250, Laurels are the exception. I dont know how long I’ve been losing them for, but today I actually paid attention to the counter and it did not increase from 100 after doing my daily.

ArenaNet —- Why did you design this to cap at 100? How is your player base supposed to know this?

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

Likely by paying attention when it doesn’t go up the first time.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They must not want people saving up to instantly buy anything new they add.

If you’ve never spent a laurel and got the 2 free ones at the start when they changed the dailies, today would be laurel #102. Add another 10 if you got the free ones from the PvP monthly last month.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

You sure?
I was planning to save my laurels. I only have 35 so I’m not close to 100 yet but it will be good to know if this is true.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

Didn’t affect me. Had 106 or so when I purchased the cat tonic.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Didn’t affect me. Had 106 or so when I purchased the cat tonic.

Can any1 confirm? Is the cap 100? I havent gotten this months reward but i’m close.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Take a note folks —- Make sure you spend laurels before exceeding 100. Unlike EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME THAT STACKS TO 250, Laurels are the exception. I dont know how long I’ve been losing them for, but today I actually paid attention to the counter and it did not increase from 100 after doing my daily.

ArenaNet —- Why did you design this to cap at 100? How is your player base supposed to know this?

The question is, why did you have 100 to begin with? I mean, everything purchased with Laurals is below 100 save for the Cat Tonic, which is exactly 100. There’s absolutely no need to have more than that at one time.

Maybe they designed it so people weren’t stockpiling them and were actually spending them as intended? Just maybe, maybe they wanted people to use the currency earned.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: honsolo.8264

honsolo.8264

I would like to second what Hearte said, I earned my monthly yesterday, bringing my total to 108 laurels before spending it on the cat tonic and I now have still have 8 laurels.

In response to Siphaed, I had 97 laurels before getting my monthly yesterday, I was saving up for the cat tonic. However, by finally doing enough for the monthly yesterday, I had my total bumped up to 108 because you get 10 laurels at once for doing the monthly. Its not like I was trying to stockpile them for future items.

(edited by honsolo.8264)

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Maybe they designed it so people weren’t stockpiling them and were actually spending them as intended? Just maybe, maybe they wanted people to use the currency earned.

Where in all the known universe did ArenaNet say they didn’t intend for us to stockpile Laurels? Why are Laurels different than any other currency – gold, karma, influence – in that they can’t be saved and spent when the player finds something worth spending them on?

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

@Siphaed,

Um… so what if people want to stock pile them? What if you hit your monthly reward (10 L) when you have more than 90 L in your inventory? The most expensive karma item is 42,000, should that be the cap?

Can’t you see the problems with a low cap like 100?

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

So, not only is it time gated, you are forced to spend it at 100?
Surely not, Anet :-)

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, we have conflicting accounts from different people here. What we need is more confirmations from different people about whether Laurels can indeed go over 100. I’d like to know if this is the case too.

If there is a cap, it won’t really bother me too much. I can buy Infusions for future use when I start nearing the cap, or just spend it on Unid’ed Dyes or T6 Mat Bags.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

I’ve never heard about this before. I have heard, from numerous people, that they have had more than 100 laurels (at once), which directly contradicts with OP.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Could it be that MalakiteGW has stumbled upon some sort of bug, which disabled his earned laurels from registering?

I really can’t believe ArenaNet would “cap” laurels at a maximum of 100, without tell us, and especially when they have an item that actually costs 100 laurels. They’re not stupid, they know you get 10 laurels from the monthly.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Fathme.5216

Fathme.5216

Likely by paying attention when it doesn’t go up the first time.

its just as easy to say it in a patch note….bad argument

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The most expensive karma item is 42,000, should that be the cap?

63k ;D

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: ZeTuna.8074

ZeTuna.8074

I had 101 just today, right before I bought my cat tonic; so it’s not capped at 100. Remember, you can only get 1 laurel a day from either PvE or PvP. Maybe OP did the PvP daily without noticing and did the PvE daily expecting to get a Laurel? I dunno, but it wasn’t capped for me today.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

good design.

15char

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I have 108. The cap is not 100. There likely is not a cap.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It may be possible that there both is and isn’t a cap at 100. For example, if it’s a simple check to only reward laurels if you have less than 100, then the monthly could bypass it, allowing you to gain 99+10 laurels maximum.

To confirm a cap or not, someone with 100+ laurels would have to complete a daily.

Laurels were implemented as a time gate, so it wouldn’t be unexpected to have a cap on them. Imagine if laurels existed from the start. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have wanted people to instantly buy ascended amulets the second they were released, since the entire point was to lengthen play time.

Without a cap, the currency either becomes useless or inflated to compensate. For example, in an expansion, karma may not be used at all (not for anything useful) or alternatively, the cost and reward of karma may be multiplied to a point where it’s the difference between a DE on a level 1 and a level 80.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We’ll find out tomorrow.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

When I finish my daily today, i will be at 100 laurels, so would also like confirmation on this …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

I had 107, before spending all of them

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I will let you know in 101 days if this affects me as well :’)

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: quark.2756

quark.2756

I would like to know if there us a limit as well, because I am very close to 100.

I don’t want to spend them yet because I have only recently put full Exotic jewellery on my 2 mains and I don’t want to put them on my other lvl 80’s (even though they only have rare jewellery).

So I’m not sure how to spend them yet, but would like to keep my options open.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m pretty sure mine said 101/102 yesterday. Now I’ll have to check later when I get on.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: viennapleads.1784

viennapleads.1784

I would never have known. I tend to spend mine as soon as I get them.

Warning! 100 Laurel Cap!

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback on this issue.
As this is cleared, we are now closing the thread to prevent it from derailing.
Thanks