Warrior - Auto Attack

Warrior - Auto Attack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Saga.5821

Saga.5821

I am having an issue with Auto-Attack. I just started a Warrior and sometimes when I right-click on the target, I will start auto-attacking just fine through all hits, other times it will only auto-attack the first hit and then stop, and other times it won’t auto-attack at all. I made sure auto-attack was on each and every time. I was always close to my target.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Warrior - Auto Attack

Posted by: Smashdex.6158

Smashdex.6158

What weapon are you using? If it is a sword and you go out of range it will stop. You also have to make sure you aren’t just auto targeting you actually have to left click on the mob in question to make sure you are maintaining the target/locked on.

Warrior - Auto Attack

Posted by: Saga.5821

Saga.5821

So far a sword and a shield. I did some more testing and realize it’s user error. I was unaware that I have to be extremely close to my target, like almost on top of them lol. I also realized that if I hit the “1” key, they auto-attack will not trigger. I figuring it out now.

Warrior - Auto Attack

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

So far a sword and a shield. I did some more testing and realize it’s user error. I was unaware that I have to be extremely close to my target, like almost on top of them lol. I also realized that if I hit the “1” key, they auto-attack will not trigger. I figuring it out now.

Hitting 1 should start you attacking, thus starting the auto attack chain. Make sure there is a Yellow outline around your skill (meaning auto use during combat). If there isn’t you can hold Control and Left Click the skill to target auto-cast during combat. This works for any skill. Even heals and shouts when not in combat, etc. Good luck!

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Warrior - Auto Attack

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You shouldn’t need to “extremely close” (although auto-attack range is a bit shorter than actual melee range), and pressing 1 should cause you to start auto-attacking so long as you actually have something targeted. Make sure you have “Promote Skill Target to Primary Target” checked in options.

Warrior - Auto Attack

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Select a target that is a decent distance away from you.
See the little red underline underneath the number 1 skill? It means your autoattack won’t trigger.
Walk up until the red underline disappears.
Press your 1 skill.

So long as you connected with your first hit, your auto attack chain will fire.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle