Warrior Vengence (Down 3) should be replaced

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Vengeance is not a good skill. It tends to result in you dying, rather than recovering, because it almost NEVER proc the full rez on kill part. This is by far inferior compared to any other class, where the skills in general help give you a chance to live. It should really be replaced with something more usable or at least rebalanced to actually help you stay alive instead of guaranteeing death.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

It depends if you are fighting single enemy or large group of enemies. In WvW zerg vs zerg where loads of enemies die around you, it is almost quaranteed to proc.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Vengeance is great, except when it’s not. It’s perfect for finishing a cap and then being able to escape or get that last few % health off a foe in PvE. It isn’t personally good; it’s good for the “team”.

It sure beats mesmer ‘2’, which 60% of the time, puts me into more danger, not less.

I’m not against changing it to its previous functionality, but honestly, I think warrior downed skills are far, far more useful than the mesmer’s.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I agree. Even if it’s 100% proc it’s totally useless in solo boss fights if you can’t kill it in time. I’d prefer some kind of damage skill or debuff (AoE weakness or whatever).

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Hard fact: You’d survive more times when downed with a normal skill replacing it.

Sure, 1/10 times it will provide an amazing one of a kind way to save you, maybe even in a 1-sided manner. But those other 9 times…
if a warrior is downed, u can start ur flagplant….he can stun you. Then you have enough time +2-3 seconds extra to restart and complete the flagplant before vengeance is even usable. And when its usable it has a cast time as well that sometimes gets u killed before it activates.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

The problem i have with this skill is…
If your enemy is weak, you kill it before the cooldown, but if your enemy is strong, you die before the cooldown. There’s no middle ground, since in most cases either party dies before the cooldown procs.

Worse yet is in pvp, you down, you wait the longest to usr the #2 knockdown skill, as your opponent channels execution. Then they get back up, channel again, and usually their channelling is done right in time with your cooldown, so you never get to use it in pvp unless your enemy forgets to finish you.

On a side note, skill 2 is also a weak version of the guardians’. The guardian can knock back multiple enemies, including stealthed flagplanters, but warriors cam only knock down 1 enemy and only if they’re not stealthed.

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I wouldnt mind if this doesnt straight out kill you if it ends but instead gives you a stack or two of deathpenalty and downs you with less health instead.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik