Warriors, warriors everywhere

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

I visited gw2lfg and found:

Citadel of Flame (Explorable) need warrior dps cof1 speed farm run
Citadel of Flame (Explorable) LFM::::::::::::::GS WARRIOR::::::::::::::::: COF PATH 1 FARM !!
Citadel of Flame (Explorable) need warrior dps cof1 speed farm run
Citadel of Flame (Explorable) Path 1 farmruns! Lots of them! Need 3 full dps berserker warriors! C’mon! [2/5]
Citadel of Flame (Explorable) Lf1m War full berseker p1 farming exp only ( no thief,elem etc) !

Should I make a warrior too? Since the demand on warriors seems high, it’s tempting to try one. Only time someone wants my elementalist is when I drop frostbow in AC.

Posted by: molepunch.5673

molepunch.5673

I’m a Warrior myself. Don’t worry the down scaling is in full effect in CoF. Just last night all the rest of the glass cannon warriors and so on couldn’t even stay up past the first wave of charrs in that event. I had to solo it for them!

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Dunno the Home server you are on, but I would gladly trade a good warrior for a good elementalist!

Cheers!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Warriors are wanted because they have max base health and armor(why? No one knows) on top of some seriously insane(why hasn’t this been balanced yet?) DPS before you even account for gear/spec. I run into people saying we need a guardian or warrior all the time in fractals and it simply isn’t true. Don’t get me wrong, they can certainly make things a heck of a lot easier(especially guardians with reflect and Aegis) but they aren’t really needed.

The main thing you want in a party member is that they aren’t idiots. I will take a competent squishy over a no-brain cell warrior/guardian any day of the week. All the health/armor/block in the world can’t save someone that has no idea how to utilize their skills correctly.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

4 GS warriors and 1 mesmer with the timewarp elite can clear rooms, even tough ones in minutes. That is why you are seeing so many requests for it on lfg.

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Warriors are wanted because they have max base health and armor(why? No one knows) on top of some seriously insane(why hasn’t this been balanced yet?) DPS before you even account for gear/spec. I run into people saying we need a guardian or warrior all the time in fractals and it simply isn’t true. Don’t get me wrong, they can certainly make things a heck of a lot easier(especially guardians with reflect and Aegis) but they aren’t really needed.

The main thing you want in a party member is that they aren’t idiots. I will take a competent squishy over a no-brain cell warrior/guardian any day of the week. All the health/armor/block in the world can’t save someone that has no idea how to utilize their skills correctly.

Cause they cant remove conditions so they need to have the best at all (hp, def, damage), dumb if you ask me.

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Warrior only eh? Thats cute. Wait til they try arah.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

What boggles my mind is that people would willingly spend an additional 10 minutes looking for a group than doing it with a setup that will take 3 minutes longer to do the run.

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

pfftt .a berserker warrior used to solo arah.
don’t even mention simin…

Posted by: Orion.7264

Orion.7264

Currently, 4 Zerk GS Wars and a mes (or, better 1 Guard, 3 Zerk GS Wars and a Mes) is the easiest fast way to farm CoF p1. There are other ways that are just as fast or faster for more skilled players, but the reason this has the most demand is because it’s button-mashing easy. It’s not that warriors are an inherently better class, or that they’re even all that effective in other areas of the game; it’s just this one path that it’s easy to utilize them effectively.

Arenanet lies.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Warriors currently have the highest armor, the highest health and the highest sustained DPS of any class. There is really no reason to ever bring another class unless you have need of some specific gimmick like stealth, portal or reflect. Guardians are useful because they can help protect classes that aren’t warriors, but if you have all warriors you don’t really need the guardian anymore.

Posted by: Rawrg.5162

Rawrg.5162

Warrior DPS is straight up broken. No class can compare to a greatsword warrior with not only the ability to put up huge numbers, but also to do so with cleaves on pretty much all of their attacks. There’s a video on youtube of a rifle warrior critting other players for 20K with kill shot at range, which effectively one-shots almost any class. That’s just stupid powerful, especially considering all of the abilities warriors have to get out of trouble, and high armor, and high HP. Auto-attack is doing 3-4K. Either they need a nerf, or other classes need some buffs, because as someone who plays a warrior, thief, ele and mesmer, warrior does twice as much damage as the thief and ele, and 4 times as much as the mesmer.

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

Warrior DPS is straight up broken. No class can compare to a greatsword warrior with not only the ability to put up huge numbers, but also to do so with cleaves on pretty much all of their attacks. There’s a video on youtube of a rifle warrior critting other players for 20K with kill shot at range, which effectively one-shots almost any class. That’s just stupid powerful, especially considering all of the abilities warriors have to get out of trouble, and high armor, and high HP. Auto-attack is doing 3-4K. Either they need a nerf, or other classes need some buffs, because as someone who plays a warrior, thief, ele and mesmer, warrior does twice as much damage as the thief and ele, and 4 times as much as the mesmer.

You’re forgetting about the poor Engineers and Rangers that are doing even less than that damage in full Zerkers when the Warrior is in tank gear —

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

Warrior DPs is not the problem only high damage skill is 100b, warriors are not even competitive on PVP due their lack of CC, heals, condition removal, and overall melee disagvantages compared to other classes like guardian or thiefs, D/D elemetalists only thing a warrior can do is add good damage using GS 100b only all the other weapons damage are actually pretty average. If only mobs had some kind of artificial inteligende to avoid skills like 100Blades u wouldn’t any warrior arround at all cuz they are outclassed by any other class allready. Heavy damage is the only thing they have left and it is only efective against kitten mobs or PVP noobs

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Warrior DPs is not the problem only high damage skill is 100b, warriors are not even competitive on PVP due their lack of CC, heals, condition removal, and overall melee disagvantages compared to other classes like guardian or thiefs, D/D elemetalists only thing a warrior can do is add good damage using GS 100b only all the other weapons damage are actually pretty average. If only mobs had some kind of artificial inteligende to avoid skills like 100Blades u wouldn’t any warrior arround at all cuz they are outclassed by any other class allready. Heavy damage is the only thing they have left and it is only efective against kitten mobs or PVP noobs

How do Warriors lack CC and have more overall melee disadvantages than Guardians? Warriors have multiple gap-closers, multiple ways to keep enemies in melee range, and most of their CC doesn’t push enemies away from them (like it does for Guardians). Warriors also excel at burst damage so they’re able to jump into a fight, kill someone, take a few hits, and then back off when things get tough. Damage focused Guardians on the other hand are more about DPS and need to continuously be attacking their target. As a result, they have better healing and Condition removal that allows them to stay in fights long enough to kill someone.

Warriors aren’t very viable/popular (outside of pub-stomping with 100b) in PvP because of the meta, not because the class is poorly designed for melee or overshadowed. Warriors are the offensive/fighter heavy armor archetype while Guardians are the defensive/bunker heavy armor archetype. Currently the meta supports bunkers because all sPvP maps are conquest where you want a class that can hold points. As a result, you also want a quick, high burst damage class that is able to take the other team’s bunkers out. In this situation a fragile assassin (Thieves) is preferable to a tanky burst fighter (Warriors) because bunkers do less damage meaning you don’t need as much survivability.

Warriors are amazing in PvE/WvW and fine in sPvP.

Posted by: Ashur Etil Lani.4518

Ashur Etil Lani.4518

Cause they cant remove conditions so they need to have the best at all (hp, def, damage), dumb if you ask me.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Soldier
With 6 of these runes equiped wariors are among the best condition removers in the game. And as the op is talking about dungeons all pvp examples are a bit superfluous imo.

Rampage.7145

How do Warriors lack CC and have more overall melee disadvantages than Guardians? Warriors have multiple gap-closers, multiple ways to keep enemies in melee range, and most of their CC doesn’t push enemies away from them (like it does for Guardians). Warriors also excel at burst damage so they’re able to jump into a fight, kill someone, take a few hits, and then back off when things get tough. Damage focused Guardians on the other hand are more about DPS and need to continuously be attacking their target. As a result, they have better healing and Condition removal that allows them to stay in fights long enough to kill someone.

Warriors aren’t very viable/popular (outside of pub-stomping with 100b) in PvP because of the meta, not because the class is poorly designed for melee or overshadowed. Warriors are the offensive/fighter heavy armor archetype while Guardians are the defensive/bunker heavy armor archetype. Currently the meta supports bunkers because all sPvP maps are conquest where you want a class that can hold points. As a result, you also want a quick, high burst damage class that is able to take the other team’s bunkers out. In this situation a fragile assassin (Thieves) is preferable to a tanky burst fighter (Warriors) because bunkers do less damage meaning you don’t need as much survivability.

U are very wrong i mean in theory u should be right but in real world u are wrong most warrior gap closing skills are buggy which makes them useless for PVP they are glitchy due latency issues probably but still useless for PVP overall, guaridan GS gap closer is by far better than anything warrior has. Only CC viable weapon warrior has is the hammer most likely which is good, just not as good due traits lacking of synergy, there is hardly a hammer build around there that can compete against guardian hammer or D/D ele for example. Guardian retaliation/heals/Cond removal just makes them unmatched for melee combat, warrior has a only good burst but when u think u go for a 100b combo against 2 enemies there is no chance u get out of that situation alive when in the other hand a thief can 2 vs 1 and stealth out killing one of them at least then warriors burst is totally outclassed again.
If u don’t play warrior please avoid this kind of threads i personally have 6, 80s thief, gurdian, warrior, ele, ranger, necro, and tbh they all outclasses the warrior in most situations, being dungeons the only exception where mobs stupidity just makes the warrior the best choice.
Guardian has many viable melee PVP weapons mace/shield mace/focus, scepter/shield, scepter focus, GS, hammer, Sword/shield, Sword/torch, Scepter/torch. Also for PVE, AOE retaliation guardians can probably add as much damage as a warrior+they can heal/support a bit.
So please i would understand an engenieer complaining about their rifle not being as effective as warrior one, but a guardian complaining about melee warrior is just nonsense.
My main character is the guardian btw i play active at PVP/PVE/WvW and i can tell u there is nothing my guardians does, the warrior can do better, raw damage may be, 3 secs burst but those things are pretty useless for most gw2 game scenarios.
U are very wrong about the meta in my opinion, if the meta was deathmatch warriors would be as outgunned as they are rifght now, capture the flag about the same… Only way warriors would be viable at PVP is the meta was killing a mob faster than the other team. Warriors can only do well in PVE cuz of the mobs mechanics are just kitten and in WvW cuz 90% of the players are not PVPers, so they don’t even equip stun breakers, if u think warriors are awesome i dare u to lvl one and try go solo roam in WvW, then watch every single class out there taking u down 1 vs 1.
Damage means nothing in GW2 when u stop thinking like WoW players u will realize how bad the warrior really is.

(edited by Rampage.7145)

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Warriors are wanted because they have max base health and armor(why? No one knows) on top of some seriously insane(why hasn’t this been balanced yet?) DPS before you even account for gear/spec.

It has not been balanced because the play style of a warrior is how ANet wants the game to be played, highly mobile and player reaction focused in its defense. As such, anything that leads to a more static play style in other professions will be nerfed until the players of those professions either adopt said reaction focused defense or quit playing completely.

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

The class does not need a nerf. Take a look at the warrior forum, forum warrior.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Rampage.7145

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Soldier
With 6 of these runes equiped wariors are among the best condition removers in the game. And as the op is talking about dungeons all pvp examples are a bit superfluous imo.

No, guardian is a about the best class in the game with those equipped, rangers can do shots too, in fact may be only 1% (none of the warriors i know at least, and they are more than 100, so actually might be less than 1%) of the warriors out there use those cuz most of warriors focus damage which is the only thing the excel at. Again the PVP examples are not superfluous cuz if u nerf warriors damage u nerf them on PVP aswell, what they should work on is giving mobs a decent AI so they don’t stand still in front a 100b combo…

(edited by Rampage.7145)

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

U are very wrong i mean in theory u should be right but in real world u are wrong most warrior gap closing skills are buggy which makes them useless for PVP they are glitchy due latency issues probably but still useless for PVP overall, guaridan GS gap closer is by far better than anything warrior has. Only CC viable weapon warrior has is the hammer most likely which is good, just not as good due traits lacking of synergy, there is hardly a hammer build around there that can compete against guardian hammer or D/D ele for example. Guardian retaliation/heals/Cond removal just makes them unmatched for melee combat, warrior has a only good burst but when u think u go for a 100b combo against 2 enemies there is no chance u get out of that situation alive when in the other hand a thief can 2 vs 1 and stealth out killing one of them at least then warriors burst is totally outclassed again.
If u don’t play warrior please avoid this kind of threads i personally have 6, 80s thief, gurdian, warrior, ele, ranger, necro, and tbh they all outclasses the warrior in most situations, being dungeons the only exception where mobs stupidity just makes the warrior the best choice.
Guardian has many viable melee PVP weapons mace/shield mace/focus, scepter/shield, scepter focus, GS, hammer, Sword/shield, Sword/torch, Scepter/torch. Also for PVE, AOE retaliation guardians can probably add as much damage as a warrior+they can heal/support a bit.
So please i would understand an engenieer complaining about their rifle not being as effective as warrior one, but a guardian complaining about melee warrior is just nonsense.
My main character is the guardian btw i play active at PVP/PVE/WvW and i can tell u there is nothing my guardians does, the warrior can do better, raw damage may be, 3 secs burst but those things are pretty useless for most gw2 game scenarios.
U are very wrong about the meta in my opinion, if the meta was deathmatch warriors would be as outgunned as they are rifght now, capture the flag about the same… Only way warriors would be viable at PVP is the meta was killing a mob faster than the other team. Warriors can only do well in PVE cuz of the mobs mechanics are just kitten and in WvW cuz 90% of the players are not PVPers, so they don’t even equip stun breakers, if u think warriors are awesome i dare u to lvl one and try go solo roam in WvW, then watch every single class out there taking u down 1 vs 1.
Damage means nothing in GW2 when u stop thinking like WoW players u will realize how bad the warrior really is.

Sigh, your post is completely wrong but I just don’t have the patience to try to explain everything to you.

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

There’s groups who can do arah path 4 in like 40-45 mins with 3 wars 1 mes and 1 guard… and all wearing berserker gear.

Talked to them and they wouldn’t ever think of inviting other classes like Eles, Necros, Engi’s on their runs as it would just slow them down and really not needed.

Rampage.7145

Sigh, your post is completely wrong but I just don’t have the patience to try to explain everything to you.

Right u would need another game to try explain anything, in this game what i said are straight fatcs, what u did is bullkitten

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Warriors are wanted because they have max base health and armor(why? No one knows) on top of some seriously insane(why hasn’t this been balanced yet?) DPS before you even account for gear/spec.

It has not been balanced because the play style of a warrior is how ANet wants the game to be played, highly mobile and player reaction focused in its defense. As such, anything that leads to a more static play style in other professions will be nerfed until the players of those professions either adopt said reaction focused defense or quit playing completely.

While I’m pretty sure that’s sarcasm, I’ll bite! Even if the reason they haven’t been nerfed is due to high mobility and reactionary defense there are other classes that are far better for that yet do FAR less damage on top of having less armor and/or health. It’s kind of sad how much work some classes have to put into skill combos, positioning, timing, etc to even get close to a warriors base DPS and survivability. ArenaNet doesn’t seem to have a clue about where they want the balance to be let alone how to balance it. There are so many skills, traits, that are extremely similar yet for unknown reasons are much better on some classes.

2 examples I found while looking at necromancer traits:

Weakspot- Grandmaster(25) 60% chance to cause vulnerability on critical hits
Vs
Withering Precision- Grandmaster(30) 25% chance to cause weakness on critical hits

Vital Striking- Adept(10) deal extra damage(10%) when health is above 90%
Keen Observer- Adept(5) Critical hit chance is increased by 5% when health is over 90%
VS
Blood to Power- Grandmaster(25) Deal 5% more damage while your health is above 90%

They need to get more than 2 people working on this stuff, ideally 1 person for each class.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Oh look. It’s this thread again.

Warriors are average at best. If anything they need buffs in certain areas.

Partially true and an interesting way of looking at it. The truth is outside of 100b and kill shot warriors are perfectly average, they don’t do anything better than any other class and that’s a fact. And that ladies and gentlemen, is why warriors haven’t been nerfed.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Oh boy here come the class whiners. If the complaint isn’t about pvp as you say then why oh why would you ever complain about someone else in PvE?

Or you know you could take a week and level a warrior.

Whiners.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

i see many more thieves than warriors. actually, I never see thieves because they have perma stealth, but I notice being hit by many more thieves than I do warriors.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

I’ve been noticing a lot of that in the lfg posts. They are always asking for warriors and mesmers :r Hell, I’ve even seen a post asking to link your gear…

Posted by: Clyne.9038

Clyne.9038

Sure, let’s give the warriors 10 k hp and light armor.

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

Sure, let’s give the warriors 10 k hp and light armor.

any minus should be balanced by a plus. give em 10k health + a light armor + double their current damage! gonna be so much more balanced that way. ;D

Posted by: Farmingfish.8231

Farmingfish.8231

i got a great ranger, but i am wanting a warrior so bad but to lazy to train.

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Hammer Warrior with Soldier stats here.
I’m frankly disgusted by Greatswords and zerker gear, it’s just not fun to play.
Anyone trying out the warrior class should really try out things beside glass cannon GS, there is more fun, flavour and/or use to this class then that.

This is so true. Warrior in pwr/tuff/vit gear still can put out good dmg while being hard to kill. And CC hell out of people.

Posted by: laibros.3490

laibros.3490

Hammer Warrior with Soldier stats here.
I’m frankly disgusted by Greatswords and zerker gear, it’s just not fun to play.
Anyone trying out the warrior class should really try out things beside glass cannon GS, there is more fun, flavour and/or use to this class then that.

I agree with you. I’m sick of GS a never use it. OFC, I know all advantages but I refused to wear it because nearly every warrior uses GS. I rather prefer axe, mace, horn, rifle and bow. Getting tired of “only the GS is the viable solution” talks. Regarding warrior power..the OP prolly don’t know anything about warrior. Without these “OP” characteristics we would not do anything. We can excel, yes, but against ppl who do not know how to fight (read noobs) or with support from other classes. We can excel in PVE environment only because the NPC are stupid but other classes can do as well. Warriors can speed up dungeons run but it does not mean it’s not possible to do that with other classes. PPL are just looking for the quickest way, that’s all.

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

The number of warriors running around is, quite frankly, obnoxious. I don’t think I’ve had a single dungeon run in the past two weeks that had less than two warriors in it.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Posted by: demonwing.5843

demonwing.5843

Because speed runs favor the highest DPS PvE class for obvious reasons

laibros.3490

That is correct. Any pug, I was running, contained at least two warriors. Btw, I was running once with four guardians and that was a blast). I’m running heavy armor classes last ten years in MMOs and sometimes medium armor warrior classes such as berserkers but I must say that usually the warrior only shines if it is supported by other classes. However that is either wrong desing or good design. Anet said that warrior needs other class but the question is why GW2 game supports classes which can perform without help of anyone. This is broken. Any class should have major disadvantage in any specific thing and for being 100% effective, requires other classes to fill the gap. Or have every class indenpedent. Problem is that may create homogeneous classes (they can do anything). I would rather ask what MAJOR weakness specific class has and according the results, create/improve one and improve rest of the abilities for moving class to specific role.

Majority of people are playing PVE and because of that warrior is prolly the easiest class against PVE. In other aspects of the game, the warrior can be replaced quite easily because it does not offer too many utilities than other classes can provide.

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

Warriors are the most balanced PvE class in the game. Meaning that they excel in most any PvE situation Anet has created.

I have had 7 minute CoF path 1 runs (not even that fast compared to the zerker warrior groups)with a grp of 3 warriors, 1 guardian (support/dps) and a Mesmer. My warrior is not even a zerker warrior (a shouts warrior is way better imo)….dunno what the other warriors were running.

Classes I like to avoid when doing a “speed run” of any dungeons are Glass Ele’s, Engis of any kind, Ranger of any kind and Necro’s of any kind. Why?

Glass Eles are usually staff. The way I see it, if you are not gonna be able to provide “distraction” of a mob, then your dps better be the highest I have ever seen….which is not the case. A shouts warrior can out dps them AND at the same time “tank” without dying. How should I explain this better? If 5 players attack 5 mobs….in theory 1 mob is to 1 player. But a glass Ele cant take one mob plus they are ranged. So now, its 5 mobs to 4 players. The same applies to the other classes I mentioned….except Engi’s….they just so bad.

Now before I get jumped on. Out of all the times I have run dungeons, there was only ONE time where I ran with a Staff Ele that was good (so there ARE good ones out there…..close to extinction though). Most of the time though, they are pretty bad. So rather than take my chances, I would take a decent Aurashare DD Ele.

For Rangers, in my experience, its always been meh. Never notice them when in battle….just notice more mobs on me. Never notice that things go quicker though, rather…..runs go slower due to less dps overall.

Necros and Engis are mostly extinct so I have no need to explain.

Take notice though, this is only when i want a “speed run”. When I don’t, then I have done and finished dungeons in all kinds of diff class set ups. Its mostly up to the player skill and knowledge of the fights.

PvP though….a WHOLE diff story. Warriors are pretty middle of the line.

Columba.9730

I only use my GS on the god mode thieves.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

laibros.3490

By Jonathan Sharp:

We want the Warrior to be capable of good melee damage in a sturdy body. They can still do some decent damage at range, but they aren’t as good at it as the Ranger (with their pet). They have a hard time taking enemy boons down, and instead, have to just go through them with raw force. They may have a hard time with enemy conditions, and may need to ask for ally help in order to keep themselves free of hampering conditions.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/first#post999247

Regarding rangers…majority of rangers what I was playing with in dungeons were unable to control pet properly.

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I think warrior with a rifle can do damage not less than the Ranger with a pet. As for the “right of control”, you did try? Pet has “inhibited” reaction to commands, and often runs through AoE, where it can be avoided. In the end, he dies on his own stupidity and not the fault of the owners. In addition pupils are not trying to go behind his back to the enemy, from which die in the melee of Cleve. Ranged pets are weak and “skew”. In the end, it turns out, that the warrior the best… ranger in distance fighting too.

Never, in my memory, I have problems with the removal of conditions on warrior or reducing the distance to the target. The idea of ??design certainly works – a warrior stronger in close combat tham ranged. But it does not work quite right. Since the ranged warrior is not worse than the other classes. But melee – it’s much better then others.

I think the developers need to either warrior nerf or buff other classes. I think it is wrong, when after playing warrior or guardian for any other class, clearly felt that this class is definitely worse.

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

Columba.9730

I think warrior with a rifle can do damage not less than the Ranger with a pet. As for the “right of control”, you did try? Pet has “inhibited” reaction to commands, and often runs through AoE, where it can be avoided. In the end, he dies on his own stupidity and not the fault of the owners. In addition pupils are not trying to go behind his back to the enemy, from which die in the melee of Cleve. Remote pets weak and “skew”. In the end, it turns out, the warrior and the best ranger in distance fighting.

I think the developers need to either warrior nerf or buff other classes. I think it is wrong, when after playing warrior or guardian for any other class, clearly felt that this class is definitely worse.

i don’t have any problem with warriors on my ranger. I can see them and avoid their big hits. Thieves are the real problem.

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

arah is where thisstuff gets 100x worse, and people only look for the new trinity.
Unless you’re farming, not many people care about taking 5-10 more minutes in a 20 min explo run. But on harder dungeons no one wants to get to a boss after 40 minutes and suddenly realize their dps is bad and they’re gonna stay there for a while

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I think warrior with a rifle can do damage not less than the Ranger with a pet. As for the “right of control”, you did try? Pet has “inhibited” reaction to commands, and often runs through AoE, where it can be avoided. In the end, he dies on his own stupidity and not the fault of the owners. In addition pupils are not trying to go behind his back to the enemy, from which die in the melee of Cleve. Remote pets weak and “skew”. In the end, it turns out, the warrior and the best ranger in distance fighting.

i don’t have any problem with warriors on my ranger. I can see them and avoid their big hits. Thieves are the real problem.

I thought this post about PvE balance.
Since we talk about pvp – my warrior destroys the average ranger for 5-10 seconds of fight. HP rarely drops even a third. Well… it fights with rangers it rarely decreases significantly at all.. =/
In my opinion not very… honest balance

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

They are the flavor of the game, iam even leveling one for feel myself overpowered, and i must say the hammer warriors are so much fun in wvw, even as lowbie 20 lvl i can ’’tank’’ and deal damage, hell even 1v1 the lvl 80 mobs, with my thief i couldnt…mesmer lol, elem nah…perhaps my guardian was able too but not at this style.

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Funny how people keep referencing WVW (or even SPVP) when clearly this is a PVE (dungeon) problem. It is a clear outcome of how the trinity breaking mixed with the continual vendetta on bunker builds is affecting the group PVE experience.

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

Bezerk warriors are far from having the highest DPS in the game. So far…

In fact, the combination mesmer + ranger + elementalist can easily outnumber them. Rangers have several traits which increase melee damage by an significant amount, mesmers have their timewarp elite and elementalists can contribute a conjured weapon, the fiery greatsword.

Under the effect of timewarp, the elementalist and the ranger can deal ~15k / 20k DPS (not single hits, but constant DPS! The ranger has higher damage due to traits) AoE damage over the course of ~30-40 seconds.

Having a necromancer who heals and converts condition to boons also leads to a survivability which exceeds that of an average bezerk zerg by far.

Whenever I’m being able to choose my party members, i prefer mixed groups. My least favorite classes are actually warrior and thief. Latter one because they can hardly contribute to the group but are mostly focused on 1vs1, and warriors because they have so little to contribute to the group in comparison to other classes with only having shouts and the nasty decision of EITHER dealing massive damage OR causing combo finishers / CC.

Caramel Ham.4891

I think warrior with a rifle can do damage not less than the Ranger with a pet. As for the “right of control”, you did try? Pet has “inhibited” reaction to commands, and often runs through AoE, where it can be avoided. In the end, he dies on his own stupidity and not the fault of the owners. In addition pupils are not trying to go behind his back to the enemy, from which die in the melee of Cleve. Ranged pets are weak and “skew”. In the end, it turns out, that the warrior the best… ranger in distance fighting too.

Never, in my memory, I have problems with the removal of conditions on warrior or reducing the distance to the target. The idea of ??design certainly works – a warrior stronger in close combat tham ranged. But it does not work quite right. Since the ranged warrior is not worse than the other classes. But melee – it’s much better then others.

No nerfs. Nerfs only serve to detract from the fun. Other classes really need to be buffed in pve. This is from a player who has a Shouts Warr, DD Ele, and ?wth im i suppose to do with his???? Engi.

I do not want to play Guild Warriors 2.

Caramel Ham.4891

Bezerk warriors are far from having the highest DPS in the game. So far…

In fact, the combination mesmer + ranger + elementalist can easily outnumber them. Rangers have several traits which increase melee damage by an significant amount, mesmers have their timewarp elite and elementalists can contribute a conjured weapon, the fiery greatsword.

Under the effect of timewarp, the elementalist and the ranger can deal ~15k / 20k DPS (not single hits, but constant DPS! The ranger has higher damage due to traits) AoE damage over the course of ~30-40 seconds.

Having a necromancer who heals and converts condition to boons also leads to a survivability which exceeds that of an average bezerk zerg by far.

Whenever I’m being able to choose my party members, i prefer mixed groups. My least favorite classes are actually warrior and thief. Latter one because they can hardly contribute to the group but are mostly focused on 1vs1, and warriors because they have so little to contribute to the group in comparison to other classes with only having shouts and the nasty decision of EITHER dealing massive damage OR causing combo finishers / CC.

You need to play with better warriors then. Gs Warriors are the highest dps in PvE in the game. While that alone could possibly be fine, they can also take a lot of punishment (if the build is right) while they do dmg. I think that’s a good thing. It embodies the soul of a Warrior. Other classes need to be buffed in order to provide what the Warrior provides in a different manner.

As for your last point. Their contribution to the group is exactly that, BIG dmg and shouts. Why else do you think THE most popular set up for most dungeons are 4 warriors and a Mesmer? That’s because they don’t need no stinking “support” skills. Their support to the group comes in their HIGH dps. After all, why use “support” skills when the mob is already dead???

That said, high level fractals are different though. An all Warrior + 1 Mesmer grp might not be the best set up.