Was HOT Made Before GW2 Came Out??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

It makes me wonder If Anet pulled an EA and Made HOT before GW2 came out. It wouldn’t be the first time a company did something like this. IS there a way we could find out?

What if the balancing issues are due to everything being worked on only In the initial development stage. Then they pretend they have class balance teams working but its really just a skeleton crew of Public Relations employees.

Perhaps they had a balance cycle release plan, planning for multiple years in the future.

This would allow them to hire a very light crew after the initial developmental stage, maximizing profits.

The lack of listening to the players makes me think this is possible, at-least in part.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

There’s not enough tin foil in the world to make a hat big enough for this.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not only was the expansion made before the original game, Guild Wars 3 was made before HoT and Guild Wars 2.

Dem Devs, they be sneaky.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Did you mean to say planned? Because made makes no sense.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Not only was the expansion made before the original game, Guild Wars 3 was made before HoT and Guild Wars 2.

Oh please, get your facts straight.

GW3 was planned before GW1 was conceived as an idea.

Duh

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Guild Wars, Factions, Nightfall, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and Heart of Thorns are all obviously cut content from Guild Wars 3 doled out piecemeal to siphon our wallets. Nice try, ArenaNet.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Wow.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

This is becoming Guild Wars: Inception.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

This is why I use only name brand foil for my hats. kitten like this happens when going cheap with bargain bin store brands.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t think it was made before GW2 was released but I don’t think it took them long to realize they couldn’t make a business case for selling goodies in Gemstore while making free content.

Balancing issues are not due to any of what the OP says: they are simply the nature of having an MMO with different classes that have different abilities.

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

Pft tin foil hat is for elderberries. styrofoam hat=best hat!

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This is a great thread.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Duh

Ok. I researched it and I found out GW3 was planned out in 1958 and was completely made in 1962, which was a little hard as they did it on those pieces of paper that they punched holes in back then to make the computer code, but they did it all. After that the made HoT (still using those paper cards) and then later they made Guild Wars 2. And this was while they were in grades 1 to 6. After the Devs got out of grade school they started working on Guild Wars 1.

And now we know the whole story.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Threads like this one is why they removed the Tin Foil Hat from scribing mastery.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Thanks Obama

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Whatever you are smoking TC, I want some of it.

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

While most of OP said is obvious playing around, but making new classes very strong for the first few months of a new product is a common business practice in the gaming industry and is not even close to “tin foil hat”

It’s most common in MOBA style games in order to sell those heros, than they are balanced or toned down over time. It’s just a marketing strategy.

Hellion

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Can’t wait for GW3!!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Rivii.9376

Rivii.9376

GW2 and its expansions are just filler content for Guild Wars Beyond

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

Thanks Obama

There goes your ‘hope’ and ‘change’.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Go home thread, you’re drunk….

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Duh

Ok. I researched it and I found out GW3 was planned out in 1958 and was completely made in 1962, which was a little hard as they did it on those pieces of paper that they punched holes in back then to make the computer code, but they did it all. After that the made HoT (still using those paper cards) and then later they made Guild Wars 2. And this was while they were in grades 1 to 6. After the Devs got out of grade school they started working on Guild Wars 1.

Guild Wars 3 was created in 1916 and would have cost $20 at the time. Adjusted for inflation it will cost…….$500 when finally released on it’s 100 year anniversary some time this year.

Also, Half Life 3 confirmed.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Duh

Guild Wars 3 was created in 1916 and would have cost $20 at the time. Adjusted for inflation it will cost…….$500 when finally released on it’s 100 year anniversary some time this year.

Guild Wars 3 was created in 1916??? I don’t know where you got that information. I found the original plans from 1958 on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard".

And that’s the truth.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Pft tin foil hat is for elderberries. styrofoam hat=best hat!

You’ve, apparently, never been privy to my gorilla glue/paper mache skullcap. It’s always ‘on’ and won’t rot your brain like those cheaper imitations.

RoseofGilead.8907

Guild Wars 3 was created in 1916??? I don’t know where you got that information. I found the original plans from 1958 on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard".

And that’s the truth.

I love you even more than I already did.

Just a flesh wound.3589

And that’s the truth.

You say that but so far I haven’t seen any flowers, candy or dinner. :/

ANet may give it to you.

RoseofGilead.8907

And that’s the truth.

You say that but so far I haven’t seen any flowers, candy or dinner. :/

They must have all gotten lost in the mail!

Posted by: Dvantaman.3617

Dvantaman.3617

HoT !!! Video posted 26 Mar 2013

(edited by Dvantaman.3617)

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Duh

And that’s the truth.

The aliens found it when they abducted me. Don’t ask.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

That reverse engineering!

But ok, let´s assume for a moment that it would be true, why is HoT such a mess then? Short story, badly planned, full of stretcher content like minigames. you could think that 4+ years would be enough to iron out the worst garbage.

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Because a hat is not enough anymore

Attachments:

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Already pointed out by another person’s post in here tho.

Old concepts of scrapped content, especially from GW1 expansion “Utopia” and GW2 that were cut, were re-designed and made into actual content.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

How is it tin foil hat worthy if EA has done something very similar? E.A. Made The DLC for a Game during initial development and charged for the “extra” content at a later date.

But HOT could be a mixture of before and after GW2 initial release.

The business model was done with the lord of the rings trilogy and I believe the new star wars films.

I.E. Save money by developing multiple selling items at the same time.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Can’t wait for GW3!!

I’m mostly playing GW4 (because wvw is better there) until GW3 is released…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Duh

And that’s the truth.

Well what do you expect? That’s the display department. Just a shame the lights had gone, and so had the stairs.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

Duh

And that’s the truth.

Well what do you expect? That’s the display department. Just a shame the lights had gone, and so had the stairs.

All that was bad enough. What was worse was the death trap tied to unlocking the filing cabinet. It was a recording of Volgon poetry, and the skeletons lying on the floor proved its effectiveness.

ANet may give it to you.