Was Personality Tracking Removed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

Q:

Since the Feature Pack, none of my characters have personality icons on their hero panel. Is the (admittedly underdeveloped) personality system being removed, or is this an oversight during the development of the new Hero UI?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m guessing it was removed (or perhaps hidden?) due to Ferocity. Now that Ferocity is a proper combat-related stat, having Ferocity as one of the 3 personality tracker bars as well would have only caused confusion.

They probably could have just changed the name of the other one or picked another new name for the new stat, but maybe they figured it pretty much amounted to nothing in the grand scheme of things anyway and figured they may as well remove it.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Indeed.!
I’m pretty sure they are brainstorming a replacement for that.
How about Quaggzillacity?

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Azure Fang.8605

A small update: I just earned apparent personality points on my Salad. Seems like it might just be an oversight. I’ll leave the question open in hopes of an official response.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

-1 for RolePlayers. Gj?!
That charismatistic should EXIST and unlock special conversations/opportunities.
But sure, it was mutch more easy to delete/hide it.
Just as simple as we won’t pay more $/€ or play at all.
Equality Ftw!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Azure Fang.8605

People, can we NOT turn this into a whining thread? I meant this as a basic “did this happen?” question. If you want to complain, take it somewhere else.

Posted by: acedragonz.9387

acedragonz.9387

-1 for RolePlayers. Gj?!
That charismatistic should EXIST and unlock special conversations/opportunities.
But sure, it was mutch more easy to delete/hide it.
Just as simple as we won’t pay more $/€ or play at all.
Equality Ftw!

Very relevant. -.-

Posted by: Blumiere.1489

Blumiere.1489

I am also curious about this. Considering the fact that GW2 is still mmoRPG, I find it wierd to remove ( even if underrated ) this feature. I hope they either plan on revamping/fixing it or it is just some sort of bug.

Too bad ,that our choices taken in dialog lines do not reflect our character’s personality. The sytem really needs some ‘’feature patch’’.

Azure Fang.8605

Also, a note to moderators that have been closing “Personality Trait” threads: This has NOTHING to do with character traits, as you have linked all closed threads. This has to do with NPC interaction personality, which is commonly referred to as personality “traits”. Similar name, COMPLETELY unrelated in-game system. Please do not close this thread under that assumption as has happened to the other threads.

Posted by: Filo.4052

Filo.4052

ferocity from personality it’s related to new attribute?

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Yeah, I just noticed it this morning.
There used to be a few extra NPC dialog options that allowed you to reply based on your character’s Personality. I didn’t check but are they still there?
I’d be pretty sad if it’s completely removed.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Yeah, I just noticed it this morning.
There used to be a few extra NPC dialog options that allowed you to reply based on your character’s Personality. I didn’t check but are they still there?
I’d be pretty sad if it’s completely removed.

They are. I’ve done the grawl food chain a couple of times in the last few days and that chat hasn’t changed. Same with a couple of other events. I think they’ve removed the icon but left the system running.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Xeno Mezphy.3145

Xeno Mezphy.3145

I sincerely hope they didn’t remove it. The founding principle of my Asura is that she is a horribly mean person! There are still dialogs in the game which have the personality icons next to them, but I haven’t seen any indication of responses because of the intensity of my personality. Additionally, it seems really strange that they would remove this due to the fact that it’s a character background question (admittedly, I’ve not made a character since the patch. Have they since removed that question? It’s still in my story history).

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

I asked this question before and the moderator referred me to the “traits” section. But that’s not the same thing at all. I know what you’re talking about, and yes, it’s missing. But you can still interact with NPCs and do the Charming heart thing.
They’re probably getting rid of it. Wouldn’t really matter since it never made a difference anyway.

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Maybe it’s a hint that they’ll eventually replace the existing personality traits with the main trait lines. They’d just have to give this function to the secondary attributes, which already have personality-ish names, (Ferocity, Compassion, Malice, Concentration, and Expertise).

Of course, the one huge downside would be having virtually no personality until you hit level 30.

I should be writing.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Its also part of your character creation. You select “personality” for your character. Unless they are revamping the entire character creation, I assume they will add it back in somehow.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

I asked this question before and the moderator referred me to the “traits” section. But that’s not the same thing at all.

lol. Well, I happen to STILL have a screenshot of it. Anyone willing to ask again can refer to this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Due to this I believe them only to be hidden and not actually gone.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

It would be nice to have an answer.
Are they removing it,is it an oversight,is it being reworked,is it cheese?

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Sabre Wolf.1657

Sabre Wolf.1657

BUMP

Would still like an answer to this for my entire guild… and community…

Sabre Wolf
My Youtube Channel

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

The Personality options are still there in conversations (of course, I haven’t tested ALL the conversations I remember them being in, but I made a new character and they’re there), and although the Personality icon seems to be gone from the Hero Equipment screen, you can still see what you picked in the first panel of your Personal Story.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Removed because you can’t have more than one “Ferocity” in the game, just like when adding one dungeon (Aetherpath), you must remove another (F/U)

Posted by: Yggdrasill.7018

Yggdrasill.7018

Well, if it was removed, why do we still have to select a personality during character creation?

Posted by: Sabre Wolf.1657

Sabre Wolf.1657

Personal enjoyment choice I guess…

In the end… I didnt see that big of a difference other then personal flavor. And event then, didnt impact the game directly.

Sabre Wolf
My Youtube Channel

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Does it bring more gems to your account (hmmm… I meant dollars on Anet’s bank account)? No. Then it’s irrelevant.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)