Was this patch worth it?

Was this patch worth it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mythil.9416

mythil.9416

I don’t think I’ve ever just quit and MMO other than from the MMO shutting down or getting so dead that there was no one to play with anymore.

However, my friends and I (In the same guild) have been talking about if we want to keep playing this game after this patch. That’s the first time this has happened because we are massive fans of the Charr and the lore around them and we have put a lot of work into our characters and daily dungeon runs.

Now a lot of people have been complaining about the patch on the technical side and the fact that it’s really going to hurt anyone trying to level a character along with the fact that a lot of the traits they have added are useless PLUS the fact that the Town Clothes seem like a massive cash grab.. So I’m not going to go into it in detail.

Even as a level 80 guild (for every character) who are 99% a PVE guild this hurts us in a few ways and in other ways it’s just plain annoying. The other annoying thing is that Anet doesn’t care about what the players think. They really don’t. Any descanting opinions in threads are quickly deleted (watch this thread disappear).

In my opinion, this whole exercise is just going to turn out into a cash grab masked as a content update.. I hope I’m wrong but seriously, first time a large group of people have considered quitting an MMO over a patch. Was it worth it?

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

Lets agree to disagree myself & everyone in my guild love the patch, I’ve even had a number of pre-guild members that left the game a while back, return to the game & my guild.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

All the hype for the wardrobe system blinded people from seeing the big nerfs they put into the game. Gold was already hard to earn and now its even harder to get that one skin you’ve always wanted. Now your’re either gonna farm for months or buy gems to convert to gold which is probably the intention for the nerfs “balancing the economy” hahaha its not a pay to win game, its pay to #swag and lets be honest gw2 = cosmetics.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Its worth it for some, not worth for others, and for another bunch of people it makes no difference at all.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

frankly, I donĀ“t know. The new things are fun and exciting at the moment, the constant reward nerfing though – while I can understand the reasoning behind it, at some point they really have to stop and let people have their toys. Worst reward/effort ratio of any online game I have ever seen. Synchronized boss timers certainly take the element of spontaneity out of world events. But I think this is the field we will see some further experimentation in.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well I like the wardrobe, although the actual wardrobe should have gotten another
place in the hero screen, try a fast weapon swap in dungeon

I really disllike the consequences of the megaserver system. If the whole of europe will be merged, I’d better brush up on my french and german, spanish ppl you’re just unlucky… but OH wait, there are 25 different languages in europe. I’will like doing dungeons with 1-4 ppl not speaking english: communication will be so good,

I frown upon the new world bosses system, I have a wife, 1 kid, a dog and 1 kid arriving very soon (wife 25 weeks pregnant, everything looking good). The fixed times will really help to NOT BE ABLE TO DO CONTENT… The good thing with the old system I had plenty of servers to choose from…
Now It doesn’t matter, just try again next day.

I do like the grandmaster traits added but I will need to buy them if I want to get them , as The fixed times will really help to NOT BE ABLE TO DO CONTENT…

If anet just would have kept the frequencies of W-Bosses i wouln’t have mattered so much… But no… Full non communicating servers doing organized evernt without speaking the same language.

Like the dyes. got 750 refunded. Hope you will have as much fun giving all toons a nice new color.

I do not mind the zerk nerf I like conditions. But unfortunatly the conditions are hear but the caps as well…

I pity the RP community, It can be truly amusing to watch unfortunately you stole their game
I wish you’d reverse all changes and just only did the zerk nerf,(I’m against it but who cares), the wardrobe, the dyes…. And let us play our game…

Just release a CONTENT PATCH, you’ll have instant full servers. ppl have been screaming for permanent content since BEFORE the Living Story…

Oh and I hate PvP so I also hate the change to dailies.

I sometimes play WvW so thanks for merging the points harvested on 8 character….

Lastly If dungeons drop less and offer less gold, I’m gong to see other games for now.

IMHO After almost 600 days playing you (= Anet) just had to realease some birds or a jungle…. Yes I know its coming, but you’re about 2 months behind on a normal schedule… and 8 months on the hoped for and anticipated schedule. Hope you’ll like the influx of 3 million ppl if you actually release a good patch, Will your mega server hold up? Ever thought about it?

I loved to play GW1, I like the original concept of GW2, I do not like the alterations. They have proved to be fruitless…They have proved to turn ppl away… they have proved you do not understand Europe in the US….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

I know my gf doesn’t want to play anymore, which is rather disheartening. All the constant nerfs to loot and drops and the ability to make gold has pretty much tarnished her opinion of the game and would rather play Folklore or more of my PS3 games atm then log in to GW2. Which makes it even harder for me to decide to log in.

Nerfing damage is only going to make battles take longer and reduce the amount of gold players make. This won’t effect prices in the least bit however, because players still will strive for the carrot on the stick and many wealthy players already have plenty of power via the TP. Things will never become affordable for an average player unless they tweak the drops or reward system.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

The patch has good and points to it but the game still has issues which Anet repeatedly ignores..

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: mythil.9416

mythil.9416

In my opinion it’s a massive fail. It’s managed to get die hard fans to quit. I really hope that wasn’t what Anet was hoping for.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Lobster.3092

Lobster.3092

I personally running full zerker on all toons, hate the patch.. being that conditions now wreck me where as before they didnt cause they died too quickly… fact being Zerker isnt zerk anymore.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

My guild has huge number of people coming online just to check out the new patch.

Though, realistically speaking, the patch isn’t crazily impressive but is a start. At least, we know that Anet has taken the suggestions seriously and is putting them into work.

Let us hope that the next feature releases will have more goodies.

Edit: When I said huge numbers coming online, my guild had 80 people online at some point, checking out the patch.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Flydragon.7146

Flydragon.7146

[In my opinion, this whole exercise is just going to turn out into a cash grab masked as a content update.. I hope I’m wrong but seriously, first time a large group of people have considered quitting an MMO over a patch. Was it worth it? [/quote]

I find some details We’ll need to get used to… There’s alot of interesting things about this patch which I find is a shot in the dark (means that its something new that Anet wanna try out but have no idea what to expect of the community). The Wardrobe system is a big matter atm. Especially to PvP players would appear.
Now I completely disagree with Cash grab. This game is still fully enjoyable without paying a penny. These days, most other MMOs say they are free, but what they DONT say is that its only free for Half the game. You have to pay for lots of their other features which creates Unbalance among Paying n Non-paying players.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

In my opinion, this whole exercise is just going to turn out into a cash grab masked as a content update..

What I find surprising is that I was just talking about this patch feeling like a cash grab just last night.

I played GW1 from beta until release of GW2 with a few months break in the middle of the 2 games. So that’s around 7 years, I think. Last night was the first time I logged in and after assessing all the changes just didn’t feel like playing and logged back out.

One of the things that bothers me is that Anet has changed several of the mechanics of the game just a little over a year after release. Does that seem strange to anyone else or is it just me? I’d like to think that if I developed a game I wouldn’t have to change so many mechanics a year later. Feels like things weren’t thought through at the beginning.

I’m sitting here typing this, my character is standing in EBG, and I’m not sure I even feel like playing. crud.

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

Nothing new added to do. Lots of nerfs and cash gaining reductions. Currently wardrobe is shiny and people are logging in and checking it out but frankly no new areas or events mean you’re doing exactly what you were before but earning less.
Bestest patch evar.
glhf.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

In my opinion, this whole exercise is just going to turn out into a cash grab masked as a content update..

What I find surprising is that I was just talking about this patch feeling like a cash grab just last night.

I played GW1 from beta until release of GW2 with a few months break in the middle of the 2 games. So that’s around 7 years, I think. Last night was the first time I logged in and after assessing all the changes just didn’t feel like playing and logged back out.

One of the things that bothers me is that Anet has changed several of the mechanics of the game just a little over a year after release. Does that seem strange to anyone else or is it just me? I’d like to think that if I developed a game I wouldn’t have to change so many mechanics a year later. Feels like things weren’t thought through at the beginning.

I’m sitting here typing this, my character is standing in EBG, and I’m not sure I even feel like playing. crud.

They did the same in GW1. There were some major changes to the Dervish. Also Elementalist, twice. Too bad they never got around to the changes for Paragon.

If a game is intended to run for a long time it will have to adapt to changes. Some changes will need to happen sooner than others.

My feelings towards the game is probably not much different from yours. The reasons are just different. There were some nice changes in the patch but still no compelling reasons to go and do stuff.

Trait unlocks? The thought of having to go run every Orr temple event(and hope nobody does the defend events) on all 9 characters isn’t looking very appealing. Sure there are the manuals you can buy from the trainers but 3gx5x9 is 135g. I guess with the free trait resets I don’t need the 9th anymore but that is still 120g. I have the gold but the price is telling me “you could buy these but you really shouldn’t” just like ascended accessories.

I guess megaserver means there should be more people at events for less populated maps but I’ve already gotten used to having to solo most events anyway. Having more people at events isn’t universally good either because some have broken design. That aside the rewards for events were nerfed so now the already low rewards are even lower.

I am found it difficult to set any goal that doesn’t turn into “farm a pile of gold” and the patch hasn’t changed that.

Was this patch worth it?
I don’t know it depends on what you mean by “it”. What is the implied cost of this patch? If I had to pay for this update then I would say no it was not worth it but since it’s free I have no answer. Was it worth the wait? It’s not like there was any other option unless the patch was already finished months ago.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

That patch is useless…
“feature pack”…yeah right. It had nothing. Cosmetic changes that are pretty poorly designed (the ui changes are terrible) and overall nothing new added to the game along with nerfs here and there.
I too logged out after testing the changes.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I love the patch, i hate how it hurts my style of gameplay, as i usually organized groups and parties to run world bosses and their pre-events. Now most of the time we’re doing nothing as we don’t do PVP or Dungeons.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

Listening to all the talk about people not liking the changes, I must say that I enjoyed playing today. Had a day off and decided to dedicate it to playing post update. I spent the day in Orr and saw every temple event completed. Balthazar, which is in a megazone, was completed between 12pm and 1 pm UTC-4. Having the number of people in that zone for that event at that time was amazing. So, while I am sure there will be things I don’t like, I run zerker on 3 characters, I think I can work around those, not feeling a huge difference in zerker damage/survivability, and enjoyed the positives greatly.

Was this patch worth it?

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Gold gaining has been nerfed? Or just the constant champ farm train and doing nothing else?

I made 100 gold lately purely almost by running dungeons and fractals with some other things tossed in. I don’t need to use only (or ever) the champ farm.

Hell, just ran a dungeon. Got same gold out of it as I got before the update. I don’t see my gold income decreasing at all.