Posted by: Sae.8453

Sae.8453

Do you think its worth to get? :S
How often do you get sprockets from it?

Watchwork Mining Pick

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Absolutely worth it, at least for me, but I think most will agree. You get sprockets a little too often … If that says anything.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Watchwork Mining Pick

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Definitely. Best item I’ve ever purchased from the gem store. I get sprockets all the time. They added up to a lot of gold over the past year.

Gone to Reddit.

Watchwork Mining Pick

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

yes, it is the reason i am able to craft my tempered blade backpage couple months ago.

Watchwork Mining Pick

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Wait they are reselling this tool? If so then yes def worth buying, it’s the best tool out of all released thus far. I have one on my main and would love to have an extra or 2 for alts.

This tool makes even copper worth mining, as sprockets are usually worth about 2 silver each and you could easily mine a stack in a day if you are the exploring/gathering type.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Watchwork Mining Pick

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Totally worth it.
Really wish they’d let me trade a few of the Molten ones I bought each of my toons for a couple Watchwork

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Watchwork Mining Pick

Posted by: Sol.6213

Sol.6213

Buyer beware. There is evidence it reduces the amount of ore you get in exchange for the watchwork sprocket drops.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1wfp5r/watchwork_pick_looking_for_data/

Watchwork Mining Pick

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Totally worth it.
Really wish they’d let me trade a few of the Molten ones I bought each of my toons for a couple Watchwork

Agreed I have most of the other tools that I wish I could trade for this one or that they would put the same bonus onto them.

As it is I have not bought any of the newer picks after the Watchwork simply because of this fact, I was waiting for this one to resell for my other alts. So in a way Anet got less gems from me or delyaed I guess you could say lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Watchwork Mining Pick

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Totally worth it.

Agreed I have most of the other tools that I wish I could trade for this one or that they would put the same bonus onto them.

As it is I have not bought any of the newer picks after the Watchwork simply because of this fact, I was waiting for this one to resell for my other alts. So in a way Anet got less gems from me or delyaed I guess you could say lol.

Me too… nor any other infinite tools. Who’s to say they won’t release a sprocket sickle in the future?

Watchwork Mining Pick

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

Buyer beware. There is evidence it reduces the amount of ore you get in exchange for the watchwork sprocket drops.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1wfp5r/watchwork_pick_looking_for_data/

even if this were true, orichalcum is only 15 copper more then a sprocket at present, if the pick yields a sprocket in place of any other ore, its profit. I have a few of these picks, and I will buy more.

Watchwork Mining Pick

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That post doesn’t actually provide any specific data, so I don’t know how one could draw that conclusion. Regardless, sprockets have been consistently worth >2.5s, which is more than any ore except orichalcum. Unless you only mine ori, you’ll still profit.

It’s the only infinite use tool that can pay for itself eventually. For those who farm rich nodes every day, that could be as little 5-6 months at current sprocket prices for a heavy farmer. However, for most of us (who will farm a lot for a short period and then get bored), they probably won’t pay for themselves. Still, reduced-cost pick is better than a full-priced one.

tl;dr I highly recommend them for anyone considering an infinite-use tool.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”