Water Dragon ''Bubbles'' will never come?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

As much as it pains me to see ANet has literally stopped doing anymore underwater content and I still don’t get what’s the problem?!

I enjoy the water content and I wish we had more of this in this game. It was one of the main reason(s) I bought this game in first place, to actually explore and fight underwater.

If some people dislike it, yes there’s always people who will dislike stuff no matter what, but what about for those who actually enjoy the water content!?

So, since ANet don’t give a crap about the watercontent anymore and kicking the playerbase who enjoy it, we wont see the water dragon, ’’Bubbles’’ whatsoever…

I want ANet to get their eyes back of the beauty of the underwater content, unique and fun playstyle.
Please ANet, don’t ditch this! If it’s so unbalanced and need buffs, then please re-work the things that has to be done, but don’t cancelled or ban the underwater content!

Tyria has so much water content over the World, which is still unexplorable, it would be huge waste of opportunity to literally make no water content because of this.

Thoughts about this? Let me know below with your comments!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

With the Dragons being able to absorb spheres or powers or whatever from other Dragons when they die, this may make the DSD a more plausible possibility. As much as I like underwater content and am sad to see it devolve like it has, a fully oceanic expansion is not going to have widespread appeal, even with a massive overhaul of the mechanics.

Being able to absorb other Dragons magic/powers should bring the DSD closer, with minions potentially adapting to being on land.

Even if I am wrong and we do get an expac focussing on a lot of underater and sea based content, that is a lot of risk, work, imagination and mechanics to be added into the game. For that reason, I would not expect to see the DSD until last, to give to time to build up the rest of the game and work on what is necessary to get everything right.

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

I think he (DSD) is the point of next the expansion.

Water stuffs suck from years! We have 2 underwater weapons to choose… New legendary underwater weapons and new weapons for underwater combat are really necessary.

We can’t use any mastery underwater, no Spectral Aid etc. I think it’s a sign they are working on it.

I said to my friend from gw2 that if there won’t be underwater expansion I will leave the game.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

underwater content was a selling point for Gw2 in the year 2012 it was unique with only very few other MMO’s taking in such a feature. WoW had it of course and they continue to add aquatic segments to this very day.

However people wanted two things that being to have all their skills usable in an underwater setting in some capacity and for underwater weapons to be balanced with the other classes.

Neither of those two things were addressed and instead they removed underwater from the PvP lobby and removed an entire PvP with no replacement for years. The reasoning was most likely Esports during that time they were making their Esport push and constricting the game things like Antitoxin Spray simply vanished during those months. Underwater combat is difficult for esport viewers to watch and like some of our skill animations it got the boot in the name of esports.

GW2 may have finally been booted from the ESL but they haven’t shown any sign whatsoever of undoing those changes and instead of twisting the game for esports are twisting our classes more into trinity based professions to suit raids. Personally I’d think an underwater raid would be amazing but it will never happen and if it can’t be used to promote raids then it’ll be brushed over again.

Underwater seems to only exist these days because the map is already been designed with water on it they even went as far as to drain Lake Doric. So with all this and including underwater weapons were the first to be canned both with Blk lion ticket weapons and then the first legendaries to be cancelled. They also never bothered with masteries r even giving the revenant a second underwater weapon thus I’d have to agree the water dragon will more than likely never come. If he does come he won’t be a water dragon they’ll probably show a tidal wave destroying LA again then make up some excuse for the Dragon to come unto land then make the quaggan, largos, krait, karka, and other aquatic races also come unto land as well. They might even just write the dragon off saying he absorbed all the other dragons or absorbed by another dragon turning into something else so Anet would continue to neglect water.

In this day an age other MMO’s have adopted underwater content too so it’s no longer a special thing to GW2. It sold games and got people excited at launch and then it was forgotten so other MMO’s decided to cash in and provide underwater zones for themselves. People say underwater in Gw2 is bad these days because the content is completely neglected what you don’t see is a slew of complaints from other games that have actually took GW2 idea and supported it.

(edited by Doam.8305)

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I imagine we will fight steve in the LAST expansion. Now im not a marketing expert so take what I say with a grain of salt. I imagine waiting for the last expansion to do steve allows for the devs to experiment with ways of fixing underwater combat BEFORE that expansion hits. Likely in much the way they are constantly experimenting to try and make replayable maps with each living world release.

Also. If it is the last expansion then odds are by the time it has released they have already begun working heavily on there next project. So they can actually give the underwater combat some focus because even if it DOESN’T go absolutely amazingly as long as it wasnt a complete flop they can still release their next project.

This way Arena-Net can finish the story for the fans that are willing to take a chance and even perform a grand experiment so to speak on underwater content before their next release (to try and iron out many of the obvious problems BEFORE their next game that might feature it).

Honestly I think an MMO sized test base is too good an opportunity to pass up for anyone trying to solve a problem on that scale. And steve gives a very good excuse for the experiment to take place.

Ghost Yak