Way too little blooms (even after fix patch)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kanoene.4625

Kanoene.4625

I really want some of the items.. but getting 5 to 20 blooms? (and maybe 3 daily bonusses, but its just not enough for the amount of time we get)
You are practically forcing us to play all day and all night. I don’t have the time for that and it wouldn’t be good for me if I did. so the amount you get must be increased significantly! cause this is kind of rediculous.

Please adress this issue ArenaNet
Especially cause the events are timeconsuming and sceduled over the day, I’d have to stay home and wait for each and every event and waste days on it. Not really up to your philosophy of “not waiting to have fun”
I’d hate to miss out on those things cause I have other responsibilities.

(edited by Kanoene.4625)

Posted by: Dorian.8542

Dorian.8542

seriously. either raise the bloom gain for events, lower the cost of the items, or extend the event by 4 days. pick one Anet.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

It would also help if the stacks didn’z disappear after the event beccause that way it is literally impossible to get more than 20 stacks, and even 15 is stretching it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I don’t know why, just did the event for the first time and got 25 blooms and a vine cover chest. Got killed once, downed a few times, built a lot of catapults and blasted anything that was red. I maybe did eight to ten instances. Was on a team with 4 others.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Malindor.1089

Malindor.1089

Yea I wanted to get materials for spinal blade but that’s out the window. I can only grind for few hours a day and move on to something else. It became too discouraging for me so I just decided to not participate at all. Good for people who got what they want, but for my own sake, I am content just leaving it be.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The numbers I’m getting makes me feel like the rewards in the vendor are nothing but some sort of cruel joke. Something that would be done by the kind of cheesy movie villain that would approach a little orphan kid with an icecream and go: “Do you want sooooome icecreeeeaaaam…?” and when the kid shyly responds “Yes, sir, I would very much like some icecream if you would be so kind” in a British accent while holding his cap in his hands and a crutch under one arm, he would yell “No icecream for you!”, throw it on the ground and step on it, and laugh manically while twirling his handlebar mustache.

Not just that. The events are not giving any participation. I’ve been in countless events and none is counting. Enemies are killed instantly by zergs, building catapults doesn’t count for participation and when you build one, there’s always someone spamming F to take it from you, getting one of those pods to throw is next to impossible, unless you let people die and don’t revive them to remove some competition…

It’s as if the whole event was designed to frustrate and put players against each other. kitten homini lupus.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

I did one run which I thankfully got reward for and my 30 blooms. Thought about the fact that it took 30 minutes, didn’t get any other drops or experience, and it wasn’t particularly fun trying to wp around to tag mobs in time. Decided it’s probably not worth the 45 hours plus 10g to get one of those tonics if I was even able to put in that much time in only the next 4 days.

Arenanet is really doing us favors lately. They made the sales so bad I haven’t even thought about wasting money on gems and they made these rewards so expensive I don’t even have to think about trying to grind them out. Really nice work listening to your customer base and good impression for all the newbies you’re trying to get to purchase your game.

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

But they have the “No grind phylosophy” !
I’m sure you are all exaggerating….Oh wait.

Shiki.7148

The numbers I’m getting makes me feel like the rewards in the vendor are nothing but some sort of cruel joke. Something that would be done by the kind of cheesy movie villain that would approach a little orphan kid with an icecream and go: “Do you want sooooome icecreeeeaaaam…?” and when the kid shyly responds “Yes, sir, I would very much like some icecream if you would be so kind” in a British accent while holding his cap in his hands and a crutch under one arm, he would yell “No icecream for you!”, throw it on the ground and step on it, and laugh manically while twirling his handlebar mustache.

Not just that. The events are not giving any participation. I’ve been in countless events and none is counting. Enemies are killed instantly by zergs, building catapults doesn’t count for participation and when you build one, there’s always someone spamming F to take it from you, getting one of those pods to throw is next to impossible, unless you let people die and don’t revive them to remove some competition…

It’s as if the whole event was designed to frustrate and put players against each other. kitten homini lupus.

Weird. I just need to attack 2-3 mordrem around the catapults to get participation. The only thing I do not get participation for is killing the leftover mordrems.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think the low bloom rate is good. Makes sure not everyone unlocks all the rewards and stops them from being devalued.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Shiki.7148

I think the low bloom rate is good. Makes sure not everyone unlocks all the rewards and stops them from being devalued.

The rewards except halo and horns are “devalued” anyways, because the skins are buyable in the gen store from time to time.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Some of them were available for gems for a short while. When something can be bought with gems there isn’t real merit of having it other than the value it has for the owner. But if it can’t be owned, there’s no such value. It’ll be just files everyone downloads and not everyone can use.

On the other hand you have things like the title for enemy kills in WvW, or the miniature from defeating Liadri, or records in solo adventures. You can’t pay someone else to get those for you like with dungeons or story achievements. And they are not available for gems. So getting them is not just something for the owner, it’s also something to show off to others.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I don’t get why this is a few days only when compared to a week or two of a single event we had in the past.

They don’t want to turn the f2p players from becoming farmers? Well it ian’t going to work as if they played the game long enough, they will farm in one way or another.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It would also help if the stacks didn’z disappear after the event beccause that way it is literally impossible to get more than 20 stacks, and even 15 is stretching it.

No need to get higher than 20 stacks. We reached 30 yesterday and we still got 15 blooms from stack.

But ya, the amount is too low. At 35 blooms by map it was ok, but even there my friend and I needed 20-30 runs to get what we wanted. Meaning that we would have a lot of farming to do during the weekend. But 35 is with the daily, after that we’ll get 15 by map, which isn’t worth it at all. I’ll still need to do 49 runs out of the 72 there will be. I think i’ll forget about it. I’ll do the 3 daily maps and that’s it.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Gohnac.3641

Gohnac.3641

/Sign…………..

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Gotta agree. If they don’t want to increase the amount we get (why don’t we get the 20 with each, why did it have to be once per day? (per account?) ) or decrease the amount needed for the rewards, they need to make the event longer at the very least.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Shiki.7148

No need to get higher than 20 stacks. We reached 30 yesterday and we still got 15 blooms from stack.

But ya, the amount is too low. At 35 blooms by map it was ok, but even there my friend and I needed 20-30 runs to get what we wanted. Meaning that we would have a lot of farming to do during the weekend. But 35 is with the daily, after that we’ll get 15 by map, which isn’t worth it at all. I’ll still need to do 49 runs out of the 72 there will be. I think i’ll forget about it. I’ll do the 3 daily maps and that’s it.

You get more than that with dailies, because you get the 20 bloom bonus for the first time on every of the 3 maps. So you get 60 blooms for dailies alone, if you only get the additional 5 blooms you get exactly 225 blooms over 3 days only doing dailies. You had 5 days (i missed the first day because the notification came in late >.<), so actually you shouldn’T have to grind that much extra IF you only need 450. I “only” need 450 because i want the toxic skin pieces and nothing else.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You get more than that with dailies, because you get the 20 bloom bonus for the first time on every of the 3 maps. So you get 60 blooms for dailies alone, if you only get the additional 5 blooms you get exactly 225 blooms over 3 days only doing dailies. You had 5 days (i missed the first day because the notification came in late >.<), so actually you shouldn’T have to grind that much extra IF you only need 450. I “only” need 450 because i want the toxic skin pieces and nothing else.

Lol you make no sense. You are saying ‘’you get more than that with dailies’’, but then you are saying that you get less than I was saying.

Last time I checked 20 (daily) + 15 (stack) = 35. So you get 35 by maps during the daily. If you do only the daily during 3 days it give you 315 Blooms. 225 is the amout you get if you do 5 stack only on each map for 3 days. I would still need 46 runs to get all the rewards I want and I won’t be doing that.

If you only want 450, then it’s easy. You do the daily for 4 days and then you only need 2 additonal maps.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t get why this is a few days only when compared to a week or two of a single event we had in the past.

They don’t want to turn the f2p players from becoming farmers? Well it ian’t going to work as if they played the game long enough, they will farm in one way or another.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide to extend the event due to “popular demand”, I wouldn’t be surprised if they always planned on extending the event due to “popular demand”.

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I would have to agree.

I can only play maybe an hour or two a day, so that instantly disqualifies me from getting any of the skins I was interested in. And even if they do extend the event for a couple more days or increase the drop rate of bloom, the whole event is bland enough where I wouldn’t want to farm it anyway. It’s basically a tag-a-thon without the added benefit of champ bags, event rewards, or just regular drops period like Scarlet’s Invasion had. A better investment of my time would to just go back to farming SW, DT, and dungeons.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

I just got 10 stacks and got a bonus chest with 10 blooms. One bloom per stack? Is this real?

Posted by: Shikago.4915

Shikago.4915

Not just the bloom rate, 5 after one map, but the lag is so hideous, it prevents anyone from doing anything properly! The lag is horrible and the event is being ruined by it. I am one very unhappy customer at that point in time.

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

This is still bugged on rewards surely?
My first one after the patch gave me 20 blooms and a chest, but every one since then just 5 blooms and nothing else regardless of how many stacks I have.
Other people are claiming that they are getting 30 blooms per event.
This event is seriously screwed still.

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

I just got 10 stacks and got a bonus chest with 10 blooms. One bloom per stack? Is this real?

0-4 stacks = 0 blooms
5-9 stacks = 5 blooms
10-19 stacks = 10 blooms
+20 stacks = 15 blooms

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Ya know, pulling that phrase out really works better if you remember it ONLY applies to getting exotic gear… which is pretty much exactly as trivial as intended. There’s basically no grind getting your basic endgame gear. Skins, exotics, titles, oddities… you WILL grind like a millstone getting those and never once make them feel bad about it.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

VaLee.5102

There is endgame gear and then there’s the rest of the gear. There are no different types, basic and advanced, of endgame gear. And the endgame gear is ascended. Which, surprise, requires you to grind like a lunatic to get the full set.

Posted by: Viledoom.7203

Viledoom.7203

This is still bugged on rewards surely?
My first one after the patch gave me 20 blooms and a chest, but every one since then just 5 blooms and nothing else regardless of how many stacks I have.

Yup, that’s my story as well. I’m no longer interested in this event. bah.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Agreed. Even getting the 35 blooms (20 daily + 15 from max stacks) seems hardly worth spending 30 minutes on these rather boring events. Without the daily, it’s just ridiculous.

In addition to that, there is that scarlet box usually giving me 5 blade shards and a handful of mats, this is just so not worth the time investment.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Either event needs to last longer (weeks) or amount of blooms you get should be increased. It is simply impossible to get enough blooms for 1 item w/o botting and i am sure it is not what Anet would encourage.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Yea I wanted to get materials for spinal blade but that’s out the window. I can only grind for few hours a day and move on to something else. It became too discouraging for me so I just decided to not participate at all. Good for people who got what they want, but for my own sake, I am content just leaving it be.

I feel the same way. Not sure if this is the new trend for mordrem events, but the way you get alot of loot now is just killing a couple enemies and moving on to next event. Sw is same way. I got 30 tokens a run doing the invasions events, but for some reason the invasion just feels like a nuisance to me. When u calculate how many hours it would take to get the items in such a short time, it just tires me out. Finally just gave up. Token count is far too low for such a limited time event.

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Ya i was expecting to be able to get all the rewards(or most of them if you didnt really sleep alot.

LOL you can barely get one item, i’m heartbroken and torn if i wanna ruin my weekend by doing the event for maybe one shoulder piece

Kanoene.4625

I get where you are coming from, I would agree if it wasn’t for the fact that it’s planned events at specific times, which means that in that short period of time, everyone should not do anything but play GW2 those days, cause you can’t plan things in between those events. So it is really unfair for those who are really deticated but also have other responsibilities

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

OP has valid point, we all have Jobs and families to keep we cannot afford play 24/7 hour a day for low amount of rewards we get. This needs to be fixed, please A-net?

Kanoene.4625

Ya know, pulling that phrase out really works better if you remember it ONLY applies to getting exotic gear… which is pretty much exactly as trivial as intended. There’s basically no grind getting your basic endgame gear. Skins, exotics, titles, oddities… you WILL grind like a millstone getting those and never once make them feel bad about it.

I agree with you and I don’t mind grinding for it but I can’t help but feel stressed during the events, they are broken, you need to tag and leave, not work together and finish them together and on top of that its just for a small amount of days, so if you miss a few tags and are just below the 15 blooms treshold, your chances of making it in time next to your responsibilities gets lower. this is a not fun way of grinding and stressful way of grinding for a milestone

Posted by: Mikko.2684

Mikko.2684

Yesterday i missed reward from Diessa Plateu (http://puu.sh/k7AFu/47226c04e2.jpg)
and now again from Brisban Wildlands (http://puu.sh/k8C08/e7e445cbe7.jpg)
How is this still happening after the fix. Only reason i can imgaine is that i dc’d from the map at 9 stacks before and now i got 9 stacks again but it does not count it to that because i dc’d…. pretty kittening annoying because i want the Toxic gloves but i missed 2 rewards now already and the event sucks so much because all the waiting…
How can you create such bad event design where dc takes away all the rewards even if you regather then stacks

(edited by Mikko.2684)

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

I did one run which I thankfully got reward for and my 30 blooms. Thought about the fact that it took 30 minutes, didn’t get any other drops or experience, and it wasn’t particularly fun trying to wp around to tag mobs in time. Decided it’s probably not worth the 45 hours plus 10g to get one of those tonics if I was even able to put in that much time in only the next 4 days.

Exaggerate much? It’s only 10 hours over the span of 4 days to get a 450 bloom item (set of skins, or a potion). That’s without tag/skipping. I think it’s pretty reasonable.

Anyway, I think the people who are miffed are those that want more/all items, which I don’t think was ever supposed to be possible by design. But really, playing casually and playing the event as intended, you can easily pick up a potion or complete set of skins.

VaLee.5102

Exaggerate much? It’s only 10 hours over the span of 4 days to get a 450 bloom item (set of skins, or a potion).

I want to see that math.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Ah, last night I repeated was able to only clear 9 events so only 5 blooms from each. Couldn’t quite get that 10th event done in time. It was aggravating. I can’t imagine anyone getting 15 blooms each event constantly without tagging which is what a player would need to do to get 450 in 4 days with only 10 hours of play. And actually that still isn’t enough for 450 (4 x (60 + 45) = 420).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

Exaggerate much? It’s only 10 hours over the span of 4 days to get a 450 bloom item (set of skins, or a potion).

I want to see that math.

Assuming you’re just playing normally (no tag skipping) you should be getting 10 blooms each event. You’ll get 360 from just doing each map once a day for 4 days. That’s 6 hours over 4 days. You need 90 more. Once again, assuming you aim for 10 blooms per event that’s 9 more events, 4.5 hours, over 4 days. 10.5 hours.

Be a tag skipper for 20+ stacks and it’ll be even less time. =P