Waypoint Fee's

Waypoint Fee's

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

Just want to ask if ArenaNet have solution for broken waypoint system after releasing mega serwers? At the moment we cannot simply teleport between specific locations because they are always contested, even when they are not(if not on the same map). Paying and waiting for map to load 2 times because someone didnt think this through is not acceptable and need’s to be fixed ASAP. I personaly think that only solution at moment would be free waypoints across same map (between maps there still should be fee’s).

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Good suggestion but as always we wont be heared.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

Yeah I had this issue this morning. The waypoint in front of Ascalonian Catacombs showed as contested. It’s never been contested before so I’m not sure what that’s about.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I am hoping they come up with a solution as well.

My suggestions were to remove the fee to the initial waypoint in the new map (fees would still exists from wp to wp in the same map, as they are now), or to reduce the cost of waypoints overall by a %.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Or a general 33% reduction in costs would be fine too I think.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

most of plains of ashford shows contested now, think only 2 wp’s are free til you enter map XD….someone messed up there.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

@CelebrityX From moment megaservers went online it will alway be like this (as long as developers wont find solution for this issue). All waypoints that can be contested are always seen as contested if you are sitting on another map. Game simply dont know what map you will end up if you teleport. You can end up on map where one waypoint can be contested or on map copy where it’s not.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

@CelebrityX From moment megaservers went online it will alway be like this (as long as developers wont find solution for this issue). All waypoints that can be contested are always seen as contested if you are sitting on another map. Game simply dont know what map you will end up if you teleport. You can end up on map where one waypoint can be contested or on map copy where it’s not.

Correct. But the waypoint at the AC entrance was never contested before, for any reason, the harpy event nearby never contested this waypoint.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Its a gold sink. Plain and simple.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The game has the means to allow you to move you from a waypoint you’ve ported to if it becomes contested whilst you were loading in. I don’t see why they couldn’t utilise this existing method.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Its a gold sink. Plain and simple.

But they could reduce the cost of waypointing as a “We understand that players may now have to waypoint twice to get to where they were going due to the megaservers and have reduced fees by X%.”

Either that or ramp up fees between maps, but have it be free to travel within the same map. Like it is for Lion’s Arch now.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

Here to shed a bit of light on why all the WPs in PoA are contested. During one of the beta events there was an event where Kralk flew over and branded a ton of players and everyone just started murdering each other. Every single WP besides the one just outside BC was contested. ANet never removed the event from the system, so every WP shows as possibly being contested. Seems like an incredibly simple fix to remove an event that will never, ever occur again.

Any bets on when they fix the issue? My money is on 6 months.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Either that or ramp up fees between maps, but have it be free to travel within the same map. Like it is for Lion’s Arch now.

I’d support this option.

Once you are on a map, the WPs on that map should be either very discounted or free.

I’m not saying I have a problem with the way it is now, but this would be an improvement that I support.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I like the ‘free within map’ idea. Just like cities.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Does anyone actually like that there are contested waypoints in the first place?

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

Does anyone actually like that there are contested waypoints in the first place?

Kitten no.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Cheiron the Centaur.1829

Cheiron the Centaur.1829

But what about on the SAME map? If you want to teleport from one WP on the map to another one – on the same map, why does it have to use this same system of contested waypoints? Why not simply make sure that you stay on the same world… after all, if I teleport within a map, I usually do NOT want to end up on a completely different world… and I assume most players feel the same.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I do! 2 loading screens are better than 1.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

But what about on the SAME map? If you want to teleport from one WP on the map to another one – on the same map, why does it have to use this same system of contested waypoints? Why not simply make sure that you stay on the same world… after all, if I teleport within a map, I usually do NOT want to end up on a completely different world… and I assume most players feel the same.

It doesn’t all show up as contested once you are on the map.

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Free within the same map might be a nice improvement. It doesn’t fix the problem of needing to load the map twice (which has got to be aggravating for those on a slow connection,) but at least I’m not paying double just to get to a way point that could be contested.

Generally, I don’t waypoint around a map very much once I get there where I’m headed— I expect most people don’t unless they’re running a champ train. Given recent nerfs to that, I think the economy might be able to stand removing intramap travel fees as a gold sink.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

You always stay on the same instance when waypointing on the same map. If you’re going somewhere really close, it doesn’t even go to a loading screen.

Once you’re in an instance the only way out of it is to: port to another map and then back again, right click on somebody in your party and select “Join in …”, or accept the “Get out of overflow” button (which will no longer happen on mega-server maps).

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@OP

The waypoint system isn’t broke. It’s doing exactly what its suppose to do.

“Waypoints—All contestable waypoints on any map you’re not currently playing in will always appear contested. When you arrive in the map, you will be able to travel to these waypoints pending their local status.” -https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/

Yes, it’s kind of a pain. But it’s an additional gold sink to, so it does serve a purpose.
From a game stand point it does make sense though. Until you are actually in the area you shouldn’t automagically know which spots, outside of “protected zones” (i.e. cities, towns, forts, etc.), are safe to travel to.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

most of plains of ashford shows contested now, think only 2 wp’s are free til you enter map XD….someone messed up there.

http://i.imgur.com/OBofYmN.png

Correct. But the waypoint at the AC entrance was never contested before, for any reason, the harpy event nearby never contested this waypoint.

Someone on a reddit thread explained how it might be related to the end of BWE2, when the waypoints became mass contested. http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/bwe2-finale-rytlock-dragons-corruption-my/

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

The fix to waypoints could be to have two kinds of contested icons. One that’s a bit greyed out for when you are cross zone, and the normal contested icon.

The point of the cross zone greyed out icon is to be a warning that this waypoint MIGHT be contested. If you load in and it is, then the game should identifiy the nearest in-zone non-contested waypoint and take you there, then open a UI message advising you that the waypoint you tried to visit was contested.

The existing icons should have their functionality be unchanged. In zone waypoints that are contested, you still can’t go to.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Waypoint Fee's

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

@OP

The waypoint system isn’t broke. It’s doing exactly what its suppose to do.

“Waypoints—All contestable waypoints on any map you’re not currently playing in will always appear contested. When you arrive in the map, you will be able to travel to these waypoints pending their local status.” -https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/

Yes, it’s kind of a pain. But it’s an additional gold sink to, so it does serve a purpose.
From a game stand point it does make sense though. Until you are actually in the area you shouldn’t automagically know which spots, outside of “protected zones” (i.e. cities, towns, forts, etc.), are safe to travel to.

But the waypoint outside Ascalonian Catacombs isn’t contestable. There is no event which, if failed, results in that waypoint being contested. It’s a bug.