Waypoint almost always contested during event

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

I’ve noticed a lot of late that the Hidden Depths Waypoint in the Silverwastes is marked as CONTESTED during events and this makes it very hard to really enjoy the event because, obviously, every time I or anyone else gets eliminated by the phantom hounds running in the maze its a minute or so run back at full speed – then use of the skritt tunnel, another run across the sands and back into the labyrinth once more.

It never used to be contested all the time – so what’s the deal here, ArenaNET? Its become so bad that I really don’t bother doing the event anymore due to the amount of messing around involved in getting back when dead.

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

From memory there’s an event that needs doing to make it uncontested (I think this one https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_Solus_collect_plant_material_for_his_oil_processors). Which I think has always been the case, so chances are when you’ve had maps where it’s been uncontested it’s probably because you’ve lucked out and others on the map have done the event earlier, probably before the vinewraith.

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

Ach, the pain the pain! I’ll watch for that.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Ideally, the commander of the south lane will send 3-4 players there to handle it after the first lane succeeds, but that’s not as common as it should be.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

That plant event must’ve been bugged cause I hadn’t seen it pop since the area was first released.

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

Posted by: Abakk.9176

Abakk.9176

Ive done the little event there twice now. You can get in there through a Skritt tunnel.

Never encountered other players there though. I think it is too much off the beaten track and little to no incentive to ‘waste time’ there. Not having the waypoint can be overcome by using Skritt tunnels most of the time.

It’s a useless backwater alley with one weird Charr and a bunch of nasty vines nippin’ at yer heels. I don’t go there anymore either.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Hidden Depths have been largely ignored as not worth the time – you’re better off Chest Trainning (Apparently) during that time instead of going into the labyrinth.

Also, that stupid vine event is a pain in the ass to do.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Have you considered doing the event first?

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/