Ways to increase dev resources quickly

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

So they can do more “stuff” to make the game better…

Sell the following items in the CASH SHOP only…

-Sell lvl 80 boosts and individual tomes of knowledge.

-Map completion packs, per character only.

-Sell each booster individually and in packs.

-Race change. This would work really really well coupled with having dwarves as a playable race.

-Sell laurels and various in-game currencies.

-VIP monthly sub with perks.

That’s a good start I think, but what are your ideas to help the devs increase their resources quickly so they have the resources to do more “stuff”?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’ll pass. This is how you’ll get even more people to quit.

Fix professions and gameplay in general, and I’ll return to my 30-60 bucks a month in gems for aesthetic items.

Otherwise, like many others, I’m just boycotting ANet until the essentials get fixed.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Wouldn’t it take resources to implement some of the things you suggest they sell?

Wouldn’t some of the things you suggest they sell be Pay-to-Win?

Wouldn’t some of the things you suggest they sell alienate some/much of the playerbase?

Good luck.

Swagger.1459

Listen, the devs have said many many many times that they do not have the resources to do lots of cool “stuff” and to fix “stuff”, so we need to help them.

And there is nothing “pay to win” here, these are all time saving convenience items that still can be earned through gameplay.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Also, there is no difference between Gems bought with cash or Gems bought with gold, because every single Gem is originally bought with money.

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Or, you know OP, you could buy more gems.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Fix professions and gameplay in general, and I’ll return to my 30-60 bucks a month in gems for aesthetic items.

Otherwise, like many others, I’m just boycotting ANet until the essentials get fixed.

Wtf is this? boycotting the game are you serious? you either like the game or not theres no reason for you and many other to even care about the game if you don’t get what you want let alone not buying stuff. Not playing the game will do just fine don’t be a child the game is already consumer friendly to ungodly lvls.

Swagger.1459

Or, you know OP, you could buy more gems.

I bought lots of gems already, but there needs to be more attractive stuff to buy so they have more resources.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Also, there is no difference between Gems bought with cash or Gems bought with gold, because every single Gem is originally bought with money.

Gems bought with cash are different. For one, purchasing them actually generates income for Anet. Secondly, the gems that you purchase do not come from the same bucket as those from the gold< – >gem exchange.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

not gold to gems exchange…

That would be the cash shop, which is currently mostly hidden, as it’s viewed by accessing the cart on buy.guildwars2.com. They can’t differentiate between real and traded gems.

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Maybe you miss the more part.
Have fun and good luck.

Swagger.1459

They just communicated, again, that they do not have the resources to fix and improve some “stuff”… We are not getting good “stuff”, like fixing professions and gameplay, until they have the money to do it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you suggesting a content drought while they use their ‘limited resources’ to create and implement your Gem Store suggestions? The things you suggest would not happen at the push-of-a-button. Do you think that will have no ill-effect on the playerbase?

I’d rather the Dev Team use their resources offer us more content like we’ve been getting recently. That may generate more income from the Gem Store as players return or join the community.

The only items from your suggestions that could be offered without taking much resource would likely be Boosters (which many were dissatisfied with when paid for in Black Lion Chests, and Tomes of Knowledge [again, not especially desired when paid for in Black Lion Chests]). I’m not sure if selling L80 Boosts would be a good idea; the Devs have already stated they would not be available for sale (at this time).

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Most MMO studios except Blizzard and SquareEnix always have resource issues. There will always, always be a greater demand for stuff than can ever be put in game. Anet’s problem isn’t always down to them having a lack of resources directly (although sometimes it clearly can be), it’s often trying to meet an inflated expectation by one of the most demanding playerbases out there (or so it feels).

GW2 churns out a significant amount of patches, content and features versus some other games, like TSW for example which is the same age, has produced 1 new pve map in nearly 5 years and has never really balanced skills/pvp or anything else in recent history.

GW2 feels a lot more stable in its direction right now. Whilst I don’t always agree with the implementation at times, it’s ceased trying to be so ambitious it can’t fulfill its promises anymore like it was between launch and HoT and has been more consistent in its delivery in both the quality and timescale of its content.

Whilst I am greatly impatient for more (which is a good sign), I appreciate how much we do actually get considering other MMO playerbases get it so much worse.

Swagger.1459

not gold to gems exchange…

That would be the cash shop, which is currently mostly hidden, as it’s viewed by accessing the cart on buy.guildwars2.com. They can’t differentiate between real and traded gems.

Oh yes, that place I never remember… the cash shop. Good call!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If Anet want more money to develop more content they can go to NCSoft. That is exactly what a parent company is for.

How do you think GW1 was developed originally? They had to pay all their staff for years when they had never released a single product and therefore couldn’t make any money at all. Of course they had to pay it back later, but that’s not a problem because once the game was selling they were able to do that.

They could do the same here. Unless you think this mysterious “stuff” they’re going to do with the money won’t do anything to make GW2 more profitable – it won’t bring in any new players, won’t get existing players to play more, won’t please any of the people who seem to be perpetually holding Anet to ransom by promising they’ll resuming buying X amount of gems a month if only they fix everything, won’t include new expansion or Living World chapters or anything else that can make money.

(And if that’s the case I’d question what it is you actually want them to do, and why you want it.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Dragon Masher.5749

Dragon Masher.5749

The only thing i could see working is some sort of vip system, like ESO but if you search around you’ll see the majority of the player base thinks it makes the game pay to win and is the devil. I think it’d be great though, not something id subscibe to but some would.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You want to take away free tomes and make people pay for them? That won’t end well.
And then there’s the time needed to revamp sPvP reward tracks and explain to sPvP players why they now have to pay to level their chars instead of free leveling by playing sPvP.

Maybe, but only if it disables all map completion rewards, including Gift of Exploration.

I’m assuming you mean the boosters already in the gems store. Are the boosters even a big seller? Judging by the complaints when people got free ones from black lion chests they’re not a highly valued item.

-Race change. This would work really really well coupled with having dwarves as a playable race.
They’ve already said no race changes, probably due to problems with the Hero panel and how the personal story and race are tied together in the hero panel. The time and money to uncouple this without introducing major bugs is better spent on other things.

Not a good idea. Let’s people bypass playing the game to get rewards.

Probably too divisive. People could always buy $5 of gems every month if they wanted to support the game.

Nothing you’ve suggested is anything I see that would help sales. It’s either not a requested item or there’s problems with it.

Edit: does playing WvW give XP or do they rely on tomes from the reward tracks also? If they level by using tomes then that means WvW players will either need to pay to level or go to PvE to level their chars.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

No to the level 80 boosts, it doesn’t take that long to level your own character. And for tomes, a lot of people already complain about having too many tomes. I can’t imagine very many people would pay for even more tomes

Full map completion. As in filling out all hearts, HP, vistas, PoI, and WPs? That’s ridiculous, and is the start of the slippery slope that leads to P2W, or even worse, P2P. Doing hearts already counts towards an achievement, allowing people to pay gems to complete achievements just sounds like a bad idea from the start. Similarly, this would be unfair if it awarded GoE, but at the same time if it didn’t award GoE, and even if it came with profuse warnings about this, people would buy it and complain about not getting their “free” GoE, which would lead to resentment from them.

Yes, I really don’t know why they aren’t. And bringing back karma bonfires would surely sell

I’ve never understood why so many players are obsessed over race changes. Just make a new character. This would present a lot of technical difficulties to implement, and I really can’t see that many people using it. Gonna have to say no.

Abso-kittening-lutely not! This is blatant P2W, allowing players to bypass playing certain content just by shelling out loads of gems to acquire the currency for 0 effort. And Laurels are time gated by design. Allowing players to buy more just defeats the purpose.

Again, abso-kittening-lutely not! This always leads to preferential treatment for the VIP players. And I don’t mean little things, but it always devolves until if you aren’t a part of this VIP club the game becomes almost unplayable short of putting in about 80 hours a week. This would kill the game as we all know it

That’s a good start I think, but what are your ideas to help the devs increase their resources quickly so they have the resources to do more “stuff”?

First off I have to say, why do you automatically assume its a lack of money for ANet that is causing them to not have develoment time to do a lot of things? Its entirely possible that they are just trying to do too many things at the same time (a huge portion of their developers are only working on the next expansion, then you have Raid team, fractal team, PvP team, WvW team, LW teams, general PvE teams, Gem Store teams etc….). They are just trying to do too many things at once, so a lot of teams seem to have too few devs assigned to them to implement what we want to see.

Now, my replies to your suggestions are in bold. If they really want/need to increase gem store sales, they need to look at items that people aren’t buying, look at why people aren’t buying them, and then react accordingly. A great example is the Upgrade Extractor. Its expensive, coming in at over $3 each if you buy individually, down to $2.50 if you pay $62.50 worth of gems at the same time to get 25 of them. I can’t imagine those are selling that well since outside of potentially a single sigil in the game right now, its literally cheaper to just buy what you are destroying than it is to extract it. That’s the best way to increase sales, not introducing items that either no one will want or will lead to the slope towards P2W

zealex.9410

No to the level 80 boosts, it doesn’t take that long to level your own character. And for tomes, a lot of people already complain about having too many tomes. I can’t imagine very many people would pay for even more tomes

Full map completion. As in filling out all hearts, HP, vistas, PoI, and WPs? That’s ridiculous, and is the start of the slippery slope that leads to P2W, or even worse, P2P. Doing hearts already counts towards an achievement, allowing people to pay gems to complete achievements just sounds like a bad idea from the start. Similarly, this would be unfair if it awarded GoE, but at the same time if it didn’t award GoE, and even if it came with profuse warnings about this, people would buy it and complain about not getting their “free” GoE, which would lead to resentment from them.

Yes, I really don’t know why they aren’t. And bringing back karma bonfires would surely sell

I’ve never understood why so many players are obsessed over race changes. Just make a new character. This would present a lot of technical difficulties to implement, and I really can’t see that many people using it. Gonna have to say no.

Abso-kittening-lutely not! This is blatant P2W, allowing players to bypass playing certain content just by shelling out loads of gems to acquire the currency for 0 effort. And Laurels are time gated by design. Allowing players to buy more just defeats the purpose.

Again, abso-kittening-lutely not! This always leads to preferential treatment for the VIP players. And I don’t mean little things, but it always devolves until if you aren’t a part of this VIP club the game becomes almost unplayable short of putting in about 80 hours a week. This would kill the game as we all know it

First off I have to say, why do you automatically assume its a lack of money for ANet that is causing them to not have develoment time to do a lot of things? Its entirely possible that they are just trying to do too many things at the same time (a huge portion of their developers are only working on the next expansion, then you have Raid team, fractal team, PvP team, WvW team, LW teams, general PvE teams, Gem Store teams etc….). They are just trying to do too many things at once, so a lot of teams seem to have too few devs assigned to them to implement what we want to see.

Now, my replies to your suggestions are in bold. If they really want/need to increase gem store sales, they need to look at items that people aren’t buying, look at why people aren’t buying them, and then react accordingly. A great example is the Upgrade Extractor. Its expensive, coming in at over $3 each if you buy individually, down to $2.50 if you pay $62.50 worth of gems at the same time to get 25 of them. I can’t imagine those are selling that well since outside of potentially a single sigil in the game right now, its literally cheaper to just buy what you are destroying than it is to extract it. That’s the best way to increase sales, not introducing items that either no one will want or will lead to the slope towards P2W

Tbh i could say yes to be able to change race i mean why not i prefer it from deleting my lvl 80 with elite spec asura gaurd to make a human and do the whole thing from the begining having it as an option wont hurt you and it deff wont hurt those who want it.

DeceiverX.8361

They just communicated, again, that they do not have the resources to fix and improve some “stuff”… We are not getting good “stuff”, like fixing professions and gameplay, until they have the money to do it.

Then let it be their downfall, honestly.

I’m not funding a company which does not have my best interests in mind. I purchased their game, have played it and enjoyed it, and spent money while I was enjoying it. It was marketed as B2P, and that’s what I did. I no longer support ANet as a company due to how massively they’ve messed up repeatedly over and over the past year and a half or so. Many other people agree, or simply left.

I don’t trust ANet to improve the state of the game regardless of how much money they have. They had absolutely massive resources previously. They did nothing to address core issues. They still have competent developers and managers, and the core issues remain. I’ll only regain that trust once they stop catering to everyone so fixated on only getting new content and instead take some time to fix fundamentals like proper businesses do when things start taking a dive.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Im ok with the cosmetics, but map completition, various in game currency: no.

Plus: The game isnt going that well its in direct relationship with the decisions and implementation Anet do. Giving more money as a form of suporting gw2 its to incentive them to keep all in track.

They fixed a lot of HoTs bad decisions/implementations, but last balance patch+ ascending vending changes were in line with gw2 developer cicle of great addition x2 + 1 screwing the game (The new quest for other part was good).

My point: First Anet improve its decision making (probably knowing better the game as played and the playerbase), then suport it, not suport the guy that hits heavyly its own game from time to time (specially the expansion).

Posted by: BenjaminMS.6710

BenjaminMS.6710

Level 80 boosts are less of an issue IMHO as long as it is just the boost. I’ve got an issue with ToKs however since those can grant shards. So no.

You WHAT? No. Absolutely no. It absolutely defies the point that way of Map Completion and the related Gift for Legendaries.

Completely and totally no. That some boosters are sold for cash is bad enough. To sell all of them (while some are potentially very powerfull), no. Pay 2 win.

You haven’t thought about this have you? Do you realize how much needs to be changed in the systems, database entries etc? How much needs to be reprogrammed? It’s clear to me you haven’t.

Pay 2 win. Into the trashheap you go. It would severely diminish the value of several things and will open the way for pure Pay 2 Win practices. It will also severely diminish the value of higher-tier gear.

Kindly explain that one a bit more how you thought to realize it without creating an massive difference.

Bad start. Also, few can be done without ruining the game.

Swagger.1459

Then let it be their downfall, honestly.

I’m not funding a company which does not have my best interests in mind. I purchased their game, have played it and enjoyed it, and spent money while I was enjoying it. It was marketed as B2P, and that’s what I did. I no longer support ANet as a company due to how massively they’ve messed up repeatedly over and over the past year and a half or so. Many other people agree, or simply left.

I don’t trust ANet to improve the state of the game regardless of how much money they have. They had absolutely massive resources previously. They did nothing to address core issues. They still have competent developers and managers, and the core issues remain. I’ll only regain that trust once they stop catering to everyone so fixated on only getting new content and instead take some time to fix fundamentals like proper businesses do when things start taking a dive.

Well I think the devs are awesome and gw2 is amazing, so I don’t want there to be any more downfall. We need to come up with great ideas to generate lots of cash, like mine, so our game can thrive!

DeceiverX.8361

It doesn’t matter if they try to generate revenue from their players so long as many people think the game isn’t worth playing for many reasons based on their recent decisions.

zealex.9410

It doesn’t matter if they try to generate revenue from their players so long as many people think the game isn’t worth playing for many reasons based on their recent decisions.

Thing is tho that in certain places they refine and improve old content like with fractals and somewhat pvp but yes im of the opinion that they should create a strong core first and then move to new stuff since the first thing new players see and experience and come to the game for is these core features.

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

This sounds like a bad idea.

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

It looks like the fastest way I’ve seen to cut the player base down to about 20%, pay a monthly fee and see all the rest (the rich) leave within a year.

Or, you could try actually earning the achievements in the game. Spending money is not the only way to have fun.

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

I’m not funding a company which does not have my best interests in mind.

… so you are funding no companies at all?

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

It seems, you are under the false impression, that more revenue/earnings increase dev resources to do more “stuff”.

How the revenue/money will be spent is decided by shareholders/management of the company. We (customers/players) have no insight into this.

Posted by: Bazompora.2635

Bazompora.2635

Wtf is this? boycotting the game are you serious? you either like the game or not theres no reason for you and many other to even care about the game if you don’t get what you want let alone not buying stuff. Not playing the game will do just fine don’t be a child the game is already consumer friendly to ungodly lvls.

Don’t you know nuance? It’s because the game has so many redeeming features that one boycotts rather than divests. I for one still like core gameplay, but I also haven’t bought HoT because it doesn’t fix any of the things that breaks RP/immersion, like not having Istani (African) character models, forcing you to play as a lawful bloodthirsty bioconservative nationless imperialist race traitor and then adding strongly colonialist overtones that began with the Living Story in the run-up to the expansion. Given that there’s apparently enough players who will pay regardless of function, the remainder of us who have had our voices ignored for years can still speak with our wallets, without having to worry about possibly bankrupting the game.

Elonians who know her history are often proud to have one of their own in the pantheon.

(edited by Bazompora.2635)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Items I would buy, with cash, instantly:

- New Emotes: Different Idle animations, Different Running animations, How to Dance 2(3,4…), Shufling Inventory, AFK, NOOOO, OMG, Applause, Eating a Sandwich, Drinking Cofee, and a very, very, very long etc…
- New Asura Ears and Skin Patterns.
- New Charr Horns and Fur Patterns.
- New Human facial hair and Tatoos.
- New Sylvari facial features and Patterns.
- New Norn facial hair and Tatoos.
- Older looking Faces for Human and Norn (at least).
- New body-types for each race. (Chubby human girl with boobs, crooked old man/lady, stockier Asura, etc…)
- Boots with toes and Helms with ear-holes for Asura.
- Old Engie Kits Backpacks Skins.
- New Armors. NOT outfits. Armors: Light legs without buttcapes, Mid chests without longcoats, new cultural sets, bare chest male, bare feet, bare hands armors.
- Multi Character Gathering Tool Set.
- Cultural GH Decorations.
- Old Lion’s Arch Permanent Pass.
- Labyrinthine Cliffs permanent Pass.
- Custom Build Templates.
- Custom Equipment Templates.
- Custom Personal Details Record Card (To add your own story and description of each PC).

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Not my business but… alternative skill look. Guardian gs2 being red etc, necro scepter auto slapping something with rooted hand etc. They deserve their current situation tbh.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

zealex.9410

Not my business but… alternative skill look. Guardian gs2 being red etc, necro scepter auto slapping something with rooted hand etc. They deserve their current situation tbh.

why do they? Its like you look at all the work they’ve putted into the game after the content drought and you slap them in the face saying i’m glad your quarterly income is getting smaller and smaller

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

So… would you pay for a DX11 upgrade?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

i will give credits for the op of this post .but have never spent a penny at all in this game.

other than the money i spent to buy this game with real world money a long time ago .

for me i seen no need to spend any real world cash at all in the game. there is just

noting at all worth it. even more so with items from gem shop being able to be gotten

with in game gold . and change it over to gems in the cash shop .. and i will never spend

another penny at all on this company . giving the fact the game still uses only DX9 .

all the mean while much older games like this that i do play . have put in DX11

needless to say even tho they are much more older games when they updated to dx11

and put the more fun back into there games !! for me that said a whole lot more . with

out saying a word . unlike this company ANET has FAILED even more so with there

latest patch . thus they will never ever get another penny from me. until such time

anet fixes the game and adds DX11 . that is if the company is still around even .

Going to DX11 or higher will not do what you think it will do which has been talked to death in several threads and even has someone from Anet essentially stating so.

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

To the OP: Absolutely not.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

i will give credits for the op of this post .but have never spent a penny at all in this game.

other than the money i spent to buy this game with real world money a long time ago .

for me i seen no need to spend any real world cash at all in the game. there is just

noting at all worth it. even more so with items from gem shop being able to be gotten

with in game gold . and change it over to gems in the cash shop .. and i will never spend

another penny at all on this company . giving the fact the game still uses only DX9 .

all the mean while much older games like this that i do play . have put in DX11

needless to say even tho they are much more older games when they updated to dx11

and put the more fun back into there games !! for me that said a whole lot more . with

out saying a word . unlike this company ANET has FAILED even more so with there

latest patch . thus they will never ever get another penny from me. until such time

anet fixes the game and adds DX11 . that is if the company is still around even .

What on earth do you think upgrading to DX11 will do for the game? The graphics will be the same and the gameplay certainly won’t change at all from that. Not to mention that the devs have explicitly told us that the lag is not caused by the rendering pipeline, so upgrading to DX11 won’t make the lag any better. Period. There’s no getting around that fact, because rendering is not what is causing the lag. Its everything else.

So what do you possibly think upgrading to DX11 would bring to the game?

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They have a priority list of things to do, fixing professions and gameplay isn’t on top of the list, if balance patches are expected every 3-4 months then they’ll look at it every 3-4months. Living story is expected every 2 months, that has a higher priority right now. Many of their devs multi task different areas of the game which we have seen from moving devs from wvw to living story, legendary production to living story etc.

These suggested changes will require dev time to implement into the cash shop, but I doubt it would be so successful that they could hire 10 more devs in order to fill in some areas of development to spend more time on them.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

DeceiverX.8361

Them trying to profit and them having my best interests in mind do not need to be mutually exclusive. Many people willingly pay for things they like, despite being able to access so much of it for free or much less pretty readily (movies, music/concerts, printed art, etc.).

Successful companies often have their clients’ best interests in mind; Google defines a substantial portion of Internet traffic. Amazon offers cheap goods and greatly discounted fast shipping at their own expense, responsive customer service and quick refunds on goods at no cost, often rarely asking for returns. League of Legends has objectively zero means of P2W and has put in a ton of effort to cultivate their community and crank out quality gameplay over the years. Walmart offers convenience and guaranteed low prices.

Of the lot, Google is the only really sketchy deal, but even then the information they sell is generally pretty non-invasive, and it probably just has to do more with people not even knowing they sell it or simply not caring if they do know.

A lot of these companies could afford to mark up their services, but they don’t, because client approval matters more to them and their revenue long-term.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Would prefer that ANET would get some money from the parents and get new forums that actually functioned fully. As for race change, I believe it has been stated it would break the game, it’s off the table as is DX11

zealex.9410

So… would you pay for a DX11 upgrade?

you wouldnt have much of a choice they’d have to remake the whole game its like buying it from the box again

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

why do they? Its like you look at all the work they’ve putted into the game after the content drought and you slap them in the face saying i’m glad your quarterly income is getting smaller and smaller

Why? For the ridiculous balance in this game. This is main reason why most players are leaving the game and low revenue is A WAKE UP CALL to Anet. If they choose to ignore it and keep their “lol small kappa balance patch every 3 months” lke recent patch then good luck, enjoy being shut down soon. People are tired of this bs. I had over 100 people on friendlist and 300 followers. Guess how many still plays the game and hasnt moved on somewhere else. Even popular streamers like Helseth abandoned the game.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

Them trying to profit and them having my best interests in mind do not need to be mutually exclusive. Many people willingly pay for things they like, despite being able to access so much of it for free or much less pretty readily (movies, music/concerts, printed art, etc.).

Successful companies often have their clients’ best interests in mind; Google defines a substantial portion of Internet traffic. Amazon offers cheap goods and greatly discounted fast shipping at their own expense, responsive customer service and quick refunds on goods at no cost, often rarely asking for returns. League of Legends has objectively zero means of P2W and has put in a ton of effort to cultivate their community and crank out quality gameplay over the years. Walmart offers convenience and guaranteed low prices.

Of the lot, Google is the only really sketchy deal, but even then the information they sell is generally pretty non-invasive, and it probably just has to do more with people not even knowing they sell it or simply not caring if they do know.

A lot of these companies could afford to mark up their services, but they don’t, because client approval matters more to them and their revenue long-term.

You have a point there, good one!

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

5 of 6 points are total nonsense.

6. the optional subscription fee is the only thing, if made and implemented right with the intention of making it an alternative supporting source of money income that gives players no advantages over others, while giving them access to unique fashion stuff and quality of life adds, is something completely different.
——

like Ardid did it:

Things for which i would spent money in the Gemstore, which seriously really would help in making the Gemstore stronger again, without being at all any P2W:

• New Emotes (if aNet has no intention to improve this with Expansions where I’d rather see that stuff as part of them)
    - Eating Emote
    - Drinking Emote
    - Reimplementation of alot of missing GW1 Emotes
    - Interactive Emotes with other Players (Kiss, Hug, High5 ect. pp)
    In regard of Emotes are other games so much more caring and advanced, than GW2
    - more dances (How to Dance Vol 2.3.4 ect.)
  • New Music Instruments (and please fix the Bass Guitar, that sounds absolutely not like one, but like a wrecked car motor…)
    - Triangle
    - Cylophone
    - Violin
    and more
  • New Crafting Tool Kits that are improved to be really accountbound and shared with all characters automatically (I still want my Wind Spirit/Sonic Style Crafting Tools ^^)
  • Mounts and their Skins (useable only in PvE, outside of towns, unless stated by Anet where and how else) (Believe it or not, but people ask not for no reason for them sicne Game Release, there IS DEMAND FOR THEM and haters can try to deny that as much as they want, its just the truth they can’t accept)
  • Unique Skill Skin Sets that enable you to make your Weapon Skills, Utilities ect. look different, than usual. so that you can personalize your Characters with them more (Useable only in PvE/WvW)
  • Stuff for Character Housing if Anet ever implements that into the Game
  • Outdated old Black Lion Skin Weapon Sets as Direct Buy to become able to get them, without this RNG garbage from the Chests and their idiotic keys for tickets ect. (Direct Buy gives you the Collections with the few AP completed, but no Ticket Rewards if you use that)
  • New Class/Weapon Based Finishing Move Sets with not a “Stomping Design”, but that look more like martial artistical epic Special Attacks based on your Class and the used Weapon that show how your character finishes off your foes in a more realistical, but also special way, than such fun junk, like letting a chest fall on your foe, or letting a winter glass orb fall onto your foe to kill them… -I want to see my character perform a unique skill with his weapon instead, that just looks awesome and more appropriate to the situation in a Game like GW2, thanm to watch how out of a sudden a chest falls onto my fow or whatever else for weird thigns happening just out of nowhere after dunking a pin down to my foe on the ground.
  • Minigames (hey why not, they don’t r part of the main game, stuff like a very good designed Ingame Card Collection Game could be sold also as optional content via Gemstore, if Anet has no intention to design such things as ingame activities with achievements ect. then they could work on such fun things also as simple gemstore minigames, like for example that basketball minigame, that anet tested out, would be easily an minigame, that could be sold in the gamestore as such)
Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

-Sell lvl 80 boosts and individual tomes of knowledge: No I have 1025 tomes at this moment sitting on my bank and every class in the game leveled to 80. Leveling is really fun in this game and every time I used tomes I felt something was missing.

-Map completion packs, per character only: No Everyone who has already done map completion will feel ripped off and Legendaries would become (in part) payed weapons. Tyria is beautiful, explore it!

-Sell each booster individually and in packs: The feature to make packs is already in the game https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boost_Enchantment_Powder

-Race change. This would work really really well coupled with having dwarves as a playable race. No because huge contradictions will arise in the Living Story (I’m here to defend Ascalon and kill humans but all the sudden I became a hippie tree who is friend with animals). Also would bring issues if you change race while equipping cultural armor.

-Sell laurels and various in-game currencies. No that is is a pay 2 win model. No thank you.

-VIP monthly sub with perks. NOOOOO And become like all those korean MMO’s where people wastes thousands of dollars to be on top? GW2 is Casual AND hardcore friendly, devs have worked hard to be that way and many of us love this game because of that.

zealex.9410

stop acting like optional subscriltion is the mother of all issues if they handle it correctly and keep it optional and not something that alienates the player who doesnt use it i dont find a reason for it to nost exist esp now that thentop mmos have some kind of subscription whether its optional or mandatory. Also anet has been really careful on what could give advantage to someone and they have not added it into the game what makes you think an optional subscription could bring that.

(edited by zealex.9410)

zealex.9410

5 of 6 points are total nonsense.

6. the optional subscription fee is the only thing, if made and implemented right with the intention of making it an alternative supporting source of money income that gives players no advantages over others, while giving them access to unique fashion stuff and quality of life adds, is something completely different.
——

like Ardid did it:

Things for which i would spent money in the Gemstore, which seriously really would help in making the Gemstore stronger again, without being at all any P2W:

• New Emotes (if aNet has no intention to improve this with Expansions where I’d rather see that stuff as part of them)
    - Eating Emote
    - Drinking Emote
    - Reimplementation of alot of missing GW1 Emotes
    - Interactive Emotes with other Players (Kiss, Hug, High5 ect. pp)
    In regard of Emotes are other games so much more caring and advanced, than GW2
    - more dances (How to Dance Vol 2.3.4 ect.)
  • New Music Instruments (and please fix the Bass Guitar, that sounds absolutely not like one, but like a wrecked car motor…)
    - Triangle
    - Cylophone
    - Violin
    and more
  • New Crafting Tool Kits that are improved to be really accountbound and shared with all characters automatically (I still want my Wind Spirit/Sonic Style Crafting Tools ^^)
  • Mounts and their Skins (useable only in PvE, outside of towns, unless stated by Anet where and how else) (Believe it or not, but people ask not for no reason for them sicne Game Release, there IS DEMAND FOR THEM and haters can try to deny that as much as they want, its just the truth they can’t accept)
  • Unique Skill Skin Sets that enable you to make your Weapon Skills, Utilities ect. look different, than usual. so that you can personalize your Characters with them more (Useable only in PvE/WvW)
  • Stuff for Character Housing if Anet ever implements that into the Game
  • Outdated old Black Lion Skin Weapon Sets as Direct Buy to become able to get them, without this RNG garbage from the Chests and their idiotic keys for tickets ect. (Direct Buy gives you the Collections with the few AP completed, but no Ticket Rewards if you use that)
  • New Class/Weapon Based Finishing Move Sets with not a “Stomping Design”, but that look more like martial artistical epic Special Attacks based on your Class and the used Weapon that show how your character finishes off your foes in a more realistical, but also special way, than such fun junk, like letting a chest fall on your foe, or letting a winter glass orb fall onto your foe to kill them… -I want to see my character perform a unique skill with his weapon instead, that just looks awesome and more appropriate to the situation in a Game like GW2, thanm to watch how out of a sudden a chest falls onto my fow or whatever else for weird thigns happening just out of nowhere after dunking a pin down to my foe on the ground.
  • Minigames (hey why not, they don’t r part of the main game, stuff like a very good designed Ingame Card Collection Game could be sold also as optional content via Gemstore, if Anet has no intention to design such things as ingame activities with achievements ect. then they could work on such fun things also as simple gemstore minigames, like for example that basketball minigame, that anet tested out, would be easily an minigame, that could be sold in the gamestore as such)

they could also allow mounts in wvw ground mounts ofc there nothing more awesome than charging into a zerg with your trusty steed ^^

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

stop acting like optional subscriltion is the mother of all issues if they handle it correctly and keep it optional and not something that alienates the player who doesnt use it i dont find a reason for it to nost exist esp now that thentop mmos have some kind of subscription whether its optional or mandatory. Also anet has been really careful on what could give advantage to someone and they have not added it into the game what makes you think an optional subscription could bring that.

Two words zealex, just two words:

INCOME STABILITY

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

zealex.9410

Two words zealex, just two words:

INCOME STABILITY

not sure if you are refering to the consumers income stability or anet’s.