Ways to world transfer

Ways to world transfer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tikitarget.7613

tikitarget.7613

Hey, I was just wandering, if in order to change servers would I have to delete all my existing characters then select a new server and that would become my new world?
Ty

Ways to world transfer

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

No don’t delete your characters. At the character selection screen, lower left corner it has a world selection button. Click on that and there is an option to guest or transfer to the selected world.

Ways to world transfer

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Delete them for a free transfer….

Keep them for a paid transfer….

Ways to world transfer

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Wiki information on transferring worlds:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring

Do note, if you have any characters still lingering around from the PoF demo/stress tests that Anet has not deleted yet the transfer for free by deleting all characters option won’t work until Anet clears them.

I just checked GW2 Efficiency and it still shows my demo characters listed so that may be an issue.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Ways to world transfer

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

First point: Are you aware that your server only matters for World vs. World? All other maps are shared with all servers in your region, so the only reason to transfer is because you want to play WvW on a different server or because you want to switch to the other region.

Second point: It is impossible to transfer to a full world, so it’s best to check the one you want to go to before you start. Population is entirely dependant on the number of accounts considered to be active in WvW. It isn’t updated instantly and has nothing to do with the number of people currently online so checking at odds times of day won’t help. Populations update periodically based on how many people have been playing WvW recently. I’ve heard just after the Friday reset is the best time to check, but I don’t know how true that is. Popular servers are highly unlikely to have spaces open up so it might take several weeks before you’re able to transfer there.

If you still want to transfer there are 2 ways to do it:

1) Pay gems – As Widowmaker Z said you can do this via the World Selection button on the Character Select screen. The gem cost depends on the population of the server you’re going to, with lower population ones being cheaper.

2) Delete all your characters and you’ll be able to transfer for free. Anything stored in the bank and anything which is account-wide (like achievements) will be saved but anything in their inventory and anything soulbound will be lost. (Be aware that even if you make an identical character with the same name they still can’t use items soulbound to one of your old characters.) Names will be saved for 24 hours so you’ll have time to reclaim them after transferring.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Ways to world transfer

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Danikat’s advice is sound….except, if you have any Path of Fire Demo characters, as Just a Flesh Wound noted. You won’t be able to transfer at no cost if those characters are still in the system, and it sounds like they still are.

It’s possible there may be another Stress Test in the future; if so, and you have Demo characters, make sure to delete them before the Stress Test ends.

Good luck.

Ways to world transfer

Posted by: tikitarget.7613

tikitarget.7613

Thank you very much for the advice!)))