We Need Transmutation Charges for sPvP??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

“In PvP, it still costs transmutation charges to swap skins since it uses the same system as PvE. PvP players are getting a one time allotment of transmutation charges based on their PvP rank (i.e. rank 40 get 40 transmutation charges)”

(taken from dulfy.net)

why do we need charges to change our armor in sPvP? the reason sPvP is appealing is because we don’t have to pay and worry about things like this… many of us (like me for example) have several armor sets that I swap back and forth from frequently… so ur saying that I have to pay now to do this? do u know how expensive this would be?? some ppl (again, like me) hardly pve so how would u expect this to work out?…

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Sounds rough. If only ANet had considered this and given people a onetime allotment of 1 Transmutation charge per sPvP rank they’ve earned.

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/08/gw2-developer-qa-livestream-on-april-feature-pack/

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

not that i think its a great idea, but you will be able to change sometimes, because you can get charges for playing spvp now.

shadowpass.4236

i already know about the 1 charge per rank, but 6 pieces of armor is 6 charges every time i want to look different… unless we get charges consistently out of tourney win chests, how would we keep this up?

Posted by: Jamin.6528

Jamin.6528

And thus the ploy is further highlighted. Amidst this grand wardrobe feature, ANet has designed a system that will require us to buy more transmutations via the gemstore than we ever had to before.

Lucromia Mukroc – Necromancer
Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC] – Blackgate
http://thehardcorecaravan.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

You get gold as a reward for PvP now, which can be used to buy charges.

i already know about the 1 charge per rank, but 6 pieces of armor is 6 charges every time i want to look different… unless we get charges consistently out of tourney win chests, how would we keep this up?

This is completely false.

You will be able to carry multiple sets of gear the same way PvE/WvW players do, so you only have to transmute once for each unique look that you like, because the stats aren’t even used, you can even use Fine/Masterwork.

Furthermore, you will be able bring in any existing appearance from PvE simply by buying the armors for a few silver off of the TP, and you will be able to gain dungeon skins by playing the respective achivement tracks.

Its going to be even cheaper than it is now to obtain and reuse skins.

The wardrobe only holds your skins, not your armors. You will be able to have as many armors of a unique appearances as you have storage space.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

It’s not that great in PVE aswell. Before patch you needed 6 transmutation stones to change your outfit up to lvl 79, now you will need to use 18 [3:1 ratio, and i’m sure map completition will give you 1 charge, not 3]. Sorry, but this is just money grab, nothing more :/

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

You get gold as a reward for PvP now, which can be used to buy charges.

This is completely false.

You will be able to carry multiple sets of gear the same way PvE/WvW players do, so you only have to transmute once for each unique look that you like, because the stats aren’t even used, you can even use Fine/Masterwork.

Furthermore, you will be able bring in any existing appearance from PvE simply by buying the armors for a few silver off of the TP, and you will be able to gain dungeon skins by playing the respective achivement tracks.

Its going to be even cheaper than it is now to obtain and reuse skins.

The wardrobe only holds your skins, not your armors. You will be able to have as many armors of a unique appearances as you have storage space.

Yes, witch we never had to do in spvp before. I used to change my armor every day in Spvp (at no cost and without having to carry anything) now I cannot. It’s just a nerf to Spvp plain and simple.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I recall that they announced that those reward tracks would also give the transmutation charges so with the traits being repeatable it is possible to change your look in pvp just by doing pvp. So enough with the got nerf when it is the only mode of play being designed not to require at least a partial exploration/trial of another mode.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

It’s not that great in PVE aswell. Before patch you needed 6 transmutation stones to change your outfit up to lvl 79, now you will need to use 18 [3:1 ratio, and i’m sure map completition will give you 1 charge, not 3]. Sorry, but this is just money grab, nothing more :/

People actually used Transmutation Stones? Seriously? For gear at level <79, which you replace every couple of levels.

I have like 400 of the things that are now going to be actually useful.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Logically speaking, most people will only spend a tiny percentage as each character pre 80. Meaning that right now I have a bunch of level 80s and most of them have been level 80 a long longer than they were 1-79.

With the exception of RPers and really slow levelers, it takes about a month to level casually. So if you play the game for a year, you have 11 months of being level 80 and 1 month of being level 1-79.

I’ve seen complaints on these very forums about people who have a boatload of transmutation stones and nothing at all to do with them. I personally have over 300 transmutation stones, sitting there, doing nothing. That’ll give me 100 charges.

Where you see a cynical cash grab, I see free charges for my level 80s.

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

Cant do anything about it.

PvP is supposedly separate from PvE. Now they are slowly incorporating PvE content in PvP to maximize their sales from gemstore.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

And thus the ploy is further highlighted. Amidst this grand wardrobe feature, ANet has designed a system that will require us to buy more transmutations via the gemstore than we ever had to before.

Paranoia is fun and all but any type of play you get massive numbers of these things. I will finally be able to actually use the stones that just sit in my bank.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

To you who say that this is money grabbing from Anet…

- This is my opinion -
When I didn’t have level 80 with all my eight characters I used transmugation stones I got from compleating maps PvE, now all my chars are level 80 and I have more than 180 Transmugation stones and 8 crystals. I Have used store to get crystals but never to get stones… Stones are useless and was a bad deal for Anet so I don’t blame them for implementing a system to sell more Transmugations, BUT on the other hand now you will be able to earn usefull transmugation charges everytime you compleate a map instead of 3 stones that I guess many level 80 players have already thrown away since they where useless to them.

For PvP, not only that you will get 1 charge but I have seen a Transmugation Crystal picture on the rewards screenshot for PvP too so I am sure there will be enough Charges for PvP and PvE players without having to use Store that much. If you happen to like to change outfit every now and then you have to use the “convenience store” and by it for Gems… PvP isn’t about changing costumes all the time, it’s about being able to fight fair so claiming PvP should be albe to change outfit for free compaired to PvE players is bull imo.

Edit: Yea ofc I only mean it’s fair that changing Cosmetics in PvP costs charges. Not that it would cost to change stats and it doesn’t.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

you pay charges only for skins

in spvp stats come from amulett and this you can change on the fly without paying anything

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Am I really the only one who barely cares about the headset (I didn’t bother to chose a face to have it covered) ? And only slightly more about gloves, boots and shoulders ?
This isn’t to choose a side of the argument or anything, but I doubt every time you change armor skin, you are really changing all 6 pieces.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

you pay charges only for skins

in spvp stats come from amulett and this you can change on the fly without paying anything

You’ll pay charges in PvP too. To skin armor pieces with no stats.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

To the OP, about time you spvp folks had a dose of what we after go through in PvE/WvW.

You have had it far too easy for far too long, everything free and handed to you on a plate. Time to work for your goodies…

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

To the OP, about time you spvp folks had a dose of what we after go through in PvE/WvW.

You have had it far too easy for far too long, everything free and handed to you on a plate. Time to work for your goodies…

If only we could get a dose of what you go through PvE/ WvW too, where mindless auto-attack zergs are massively rewarded above anything else.

Meglobob.8620

If only we could get a dose of what you go through PvE/ WvW too, where mindless auto-attack zergs are massively rewarded above anything else.

Mindless skyhammer farming…

Put a team together on teamspeak and mindlessly farm team q with no chance 95% of the teams can get any where near you…

Mindlessly farm hotjoin, just joining winning team everytime…

Also, you will get to join some zergs soon in PvE, unlocking your 40 Grandmaster traits lol, unless you want to fork out the gold/skill point cost…

shadowpass.4236

that’s the reason why its separate. haha

we do work for our stuff btw, we can only get stuff according to our rank which takes some time to get

shadowpass.4236

Mindless skyhammer farming…

Put a team together on teamspeak and mindlessly farm team q with no chance 95% of the teams can get any where near you…

Mindlessly farm hotjoin, just joining winning team everytime…

Also, you will get to join some zergs soon in PvE, unlocking your 40 Grandmaster traits lol, unless you want to fork out the gold/skill point cost…

mindlessly champion farming

mindlessly spamming buttons in a zerg

Meglobob.8620

that’s the reason why its separate. haha

we do work for our stuff btw, we can only get stuff according to our rank which takes some time to get

I know you after work for ranks/skins, I play some spvp myself but a WvW or PvE player had to get there wallet out to buy gems for transmutation stones or spend several hundreds of hours farming to afford them in gold. Where in spvp, you change appearance on whim for free! That was completely unfair…so I am glad everyone across all parts of GW2 has the same system.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

“In PvP, it still costs transmutation charges to swap skins since it uses the same system as PvE. PvP players are getting a one time allotment of transmutation charges based on their PvP rank (i.e. rank 40 get 40 transmutation charges)”

(taken from dulfy.net)

why do we need charges to change our armor in sPvP? the reason sPvP is appealing is because we don’t have to pay and worry about things like this… many of us (like me for example) have several armor sets that I swap back and forth from frequently… so ur saying that I have to pay now to do this? do u know how expensive this would be?? some ppl (again, like me) hardly pve so how would u expect this to work out?…

If you want to keep several different armors for use in PvP, just get the cheap whites that will be available in the mists and apply the skins to those.

You’d need to store them in your inventory or bank, but you’ll be able to switch back and forth for free.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I love these threads.

Progression of sPvP:

“Yay great comabat system!”
“Ok this is getting boring….”
“Why no more maps or game modes than this?”
“These new maps suck! Remove them from TeamQ and Solo Q!”
“We’re bored, no one focuses on sPvP! The rewards suck!”
“You got rid of glory in lieu of a new rewards system?! How could you?”
“Ooooo new patch coming with awesome rewards! They finally concentrate on us!”
“Wait …. what? I have to actually support Anet’s employees with real money? I never had to do that before. Conspiracy!!!!”

Seriously. You want the shiny updates that PvE gets then you have to realize that comes with a price tag. The devs don’t work and provide new content as charity. You want dev attention, then help pay their paychecks. They like to eat too.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

All this complaining about looks in an MMO. I think it is time I take my MMO Barbie game from private Alpha to the public.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I personally don’t care about having to now spend charges to change looks. My only problem is now I have to spend charges just to get back to looks I already had for more than 46 charges can provide. Armor and Weapons.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I personally don’t care about having to now spend charges to change looks. My only problem is now I have to spend charges just to get back to looks I already had for more than 46 charges can provide. Armor and Weapons.

If you prefer you can use up bank space and just transmute different armor sets like you could in PvE before. So you can transmute a look once, and then simply replace that armor when you want a new look. That way you didn’t waste your old transmute and can go back to it when you want. Only downside is that if you do this a lot you lose storage space to the copious amounts of armor you accumulate.

Plus we should see how frequently charges are awarded just by playing pvp, because it seems to be rather frequently. Who know, just by playing you may be able to switch as much as you want

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

If you prefer you can use up bank space and just transmute different armor sets like you could in PvE before. So you can transmute a look once, and then simply replace that armor when you want a new look. That way you didn’t waste your old transmute and can go back to it when you want. Only downside is that if you do this a lot you lose storage space to the copious amounts of armor you accumulate.

Plus we should see how frequently charges are awarded just by playing pvp, because it seems to be rather frequently. Who know, just by playing you may be able to switch as much as you want

Why quote me? Your post has almost nothing to do with mine. I’m not worried at all about having to transmute skins in the future.

All I am worried about is getting all of my characters back to looks they already had. If I was wearing the armor already for months, why am I being charged again? I’m rank 46, I get sponsored 46 charges. That may only cover 7 characters, not counting weapons.

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

did anyone get the transmutation charges for their rank?

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/