We are Still Missing Cultural Weapon sets.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Just a quick recap so everyone is up to speed.

Human weapon sets;
T1: Krytan T2: Aureate T3: Seraph

Norn weapon sets;
T1: Shiverpeak T2: Norn T3: Wolfborn

Charr weapon sets;
T1: Steam T2: Flame T3: Guard

Asura weapon sets;
T1: Glyphic T2: Verdant T3: Peacemakers

Sylvari weapon sets;
T1: Glyphic T2: Verdant T3: Warden

You may notice Asura and Sylvari are still sharing weapon sets. How long will it take for these 2 races to get their missing weapon sets?

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

what if that’s intended?

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Maybe Sylvari haven’t been around long enough to really have cultural weapons of their own, so they are borrowing from the closest race to them geographically.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Maybe Sylvari haven’t been around long enough to really have cultural weapons of their own, so they are borrowing from the closest race to them geographically.

That would not explain why the Asura use verdant weapons.
I know they share territory but the verdant theme do not really suit the Asura, in the same way that glyphic weapons seem out of sync with the Sylvari.

It would be really nice if the two races could each have a complete set.
I am a sucker for cultural armour and weapons.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

verdant theme.. and any other theme actually goes perfectly with asura. they tinker with everything. verdant weapons could be result of some asuran biological experiment

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

verdant theme.. and any other theme actually goes perfectly with asura. they tinker with everything. verdant weapons could be result of some asuran biological experiment

they look more sylvari appropriate though.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I can see what you are saying but naw, I can’t really agree.
Oh they do tinker with everything but to me verdant weapons seem more like it was grown by Sylvari like their armour, their homes etc.

Asura seem to me to be more the mysterious, glowy, hovering, cubist types :P
I don’t recall seeing even a remotely biological looking device made by an Asura anywhere.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I didn’t know there were tiers to cultural weapons. Are the t3 in the game as drops? I’ve never seen them.

I don’t recall seeing even a remotely biological looking device made by an Asura anywhere.

Asuran children!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I didn’t know there were tiers to cultural weapons. Are the t3 in the game as drops? I’ve never seen them.

Asuran children!

Tier 3 Armour is bought from a vendor for 119 gold total. Tier 3 Weapons cost 63,000 karma, each.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Yeah I knew about t3 armour. Just before coming back to check in with this thread I realised there are the weapon vendors in the cities also. Time to check them out!

And I like the idea that you use karma for them.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

There are also unique weapons for LionGuard and Ebon Vanguard, all tiers are the same for them.

Pirates too, but I’ve never seen that vendor.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

verdant theme.. and any other theme actually goes perfectly with asura.

Actually not at all. The clear theme for Asura is crystaline based “techno magic”.
ANet did drop the ball on those two main races.

Heck even the fricken Dredge and Centaurs have their own weapons. Mind you, not at all criticizing that they do. The more skins, the merrier.
Looks is basically the only reason to play this game past a certain point, when you´re not into PvP.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Pirates too, but I’ve never seen that vendor.

He´s at the end of a somewhat hidden jumping puzzle in the SW corner of Lion´s Arch.
Search the wiki.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The Inquest stole the Asura weapons, and the Nightmare Court stole the Sylvari weapons.

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

They should also polish human t3. It looks underwhelming compared to t1 and t2. Both lower tiers also have particles added to scepter, staff… T3 = “lets just put a bunch of wing motifs wherever they fit or don’t and reuse it as a dungeon gear”

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

One of the many things that was rushed to get the game released and unlikely to ever be fixed or implemented. Just like Bar Brawl, polymok and a host of other activities and things.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Not really, there is some dialogue in the game where the Asura talk about the Sylvari ‘plantech’, and while they find it intriguing they’re no more interested in it than the sylvari are in the eternal alchemy.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I think part of the reason for it is because both races live in the Maguuma jungle region. Since T1 and T2 cultural weapons drop randomly in the world from mobs / chests, having 2 sets of T1 / T2 weapons for both Sylvari and Asura would mean that there would be double the unique skins in Maguuma compared to anywhere else, since there’s no differentiation between “Asuran Maguuma” and “Sylvari Maguuma”, its all just one big region, so all the weapons would have to drop there.