We don't make grindy games..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cromag.7195

Cromag.7195

The new infusion system, which will be released in tiers, means if you want to obtain a fully infusion equipped armor, which as stated in the blog post is necessary to experience later released content:

6 armor slots:

1 Precise Infusion as example (blue: +5 Precision, +5 Agony Resi):

250 Passion Fruit
100 Vicious Claw
1 Eldritch Scroll
20 Mystic Coin

1500 Passion Fruits
600 Vicious Claws
6 Eldritch Scrolls = 300 skill points
120 Mystic Coins = 120 daily achievements

If you want these for trinkets, rings, back too:

1500 Passion Fruits
600 Vicious Claws

fully equipped that means:

3000 Passion Fruits
1200 Vicious Claws
12 Eldritch Scrolls = 600 skill points
240 Mystic Coins = 240 daily achievements

but only to the next released tier, which will be green I guess.

If that is not asia grind at it’s best, then I live in another reality than most other people. But wait, you can use the cash shop…without words.

(edited by Cromag.7195)

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

Not relevant anymore. Should be deleted by original publisher.

Posted by: Agaetis.4518

Agaetis.4518

What do u mean with “tiers”? There will not be another tier, just more gear on the same tier….

And you don’t need that resistance until lvl 10 (even then it is mostly avoidable) so why bother if you are not interested? Do the other levels and other dungeons if you don’t like that kind of progression. Or the rest of the game for that matter!

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Ahem. I don’t know what to say.
Well, you can always get some fine infusions with fractal relics (+5 agony resistance), which is better than nothing.
And… it’s always better than the legendary grind… aye?
<—- Curious about the cost of ascended weapons/armor… No infos yet?

Cromag.7195

Yes, there will be another infusion tiers, they also announced that in later content to be released you will need the infusions to experience that content or that it will help you there(whatever that means).

Do not confuse Ascended Armor and Infusions. Infusions are the upgrades for the ascended armor, it is quite smart to put tiers into upgrades and mask it a bit. There may be not another armor tier, for the moment, but there will be infusion tiers.

Posted by: axiology.5807

axiology.5807

Ascended gear you say? Here’s the general recipe for ascended back items:

• 250 tier 6 fine crafting material
  • 1 vial of condensed mist essence (drops randomly from Fractals)
  • 50 globs of ectoplasm
  • 24 skill points (either crystals or philosopher’s stones)

That’s for ONE item. Pre-infusion.

Other gear are not available through crafting/the mystic forge yet. But assuming they are the same cost, to have Full Ascended, that’ll be:

• 3000 tier 6 fine crafting material
  • 12 vials of condensed mist essence
  • 600 globs of ectoplasm
  • 288 skill points

Again, this is before any infusion.

(edited by axiology.5807)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

and remember…. if you farm those items needed, you’ll pose a bot-like behaviour which will lead you to a ban !

cash shop that way —-—→ soon

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Thanks for bringing that up. My heart broke all over again. Whatever happened to the game promised in that video? I was beyond excited for that. But that’s not what we got.

This feels just like a big breakup.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Thanks for bringing that up. My heart broke all over again. Whatever happened to the game promised in that video? I was beyond excited for that. But that’s not what we got.

Only without make-up s**. I really, really hope a.net pulls their kitten together, nerf the crap of this gear by making it available through upgrading exotics and not make such mistakes again.

I really, really love this game, almost as much as my own girlfriend. I would really hate to stop playing it.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Only without make-up s**. I really, really hope a.net pulls their kitten together, nerf the crap of this gear by making it available through upgrading exotics and not make such mistakes again.

I really, really love this game, almost as much as my own girlfriend. I would really hate to stop playing it.

That won’t fix everything.

Posted by: Thyya.1307

Thyya.1307

Oh yes.. the wedding vows.. hahaah
And the only thing that keeping you from getting a divorce is your kids (aka. your toons).

Posted by: KWman.3012

KWman.3012

250 claws/blood is already a grinding mill that I wouldn’t bother.

Yes, I am a Champion of an Egg.

Posted by: Amirio.3802

Amirio.3802

I really dont like the direction this game is heading, they advertised it as an MMO thats trying to break barriers and in alot of ways it did and thats what made people buy the game in the first place. Now all they are doing is kitten on all that by changing the foundation this game was built upon. It feels as tho the management have changed there original goals. :s

Posted by: Ruby Red.4019

Ruby Red.4019

I really dont like the direction this game is heading, they advertised it as an MMO thats trying to break barriers and in alot of ways it did and thats what made people buy the game in the first place. Now all they are doing is kitten on all that by changing the foundation this game was built upon. It feels as tho the management have changed there original goals. :s

Or management has changed idk but there’s an evil influence somewhere and if they have dreams of competing with WoW they will fail as all other games have failed before them because that time has passed WoW was a product of it’s time- A huge number of players have been there done that and the market is ready for something different – the great and only hope of GW2 was their promise to be different.

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Or management has changed idk but there’s an evil influence somewhere and if they have dreams of competing with WoW they will fail as all other games have failed before them because that time has passed WoW was a product of it’s time- A huge number of players have been there done that and the market is ready for something different – the great and only hope of GW2 was their promise to be different.

Naw, the great hope for something different only lies in sandbox games. GW2 was still a typical themepark game, even without the treadmill.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

What saddens me most is that this game really did change the MMO landscape and what people expected from a game.
I reread an article published in a gaming magazine that summed up their review like this:
" It might sound hyperbolic but GW2 represents a sea change for the MMORPG in every way.
It takes the best ideas from the last decade of the genre, and combines them into one package.
This is the new gold standard for the genre, anything less (or that costs more) is simply unacceptable"
Oct 2012

To abandon that and give us just another gear grinder in it’s place is unspeakably disappointing.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Be aware that based on what is currently announced, you will be doing the grind described in the initial post FIVE times just to keep up (and that’s after the grind to get the ascended gear in the first place)…in order to take part in future PvE content and not be at a disadvantage in WvW.

1. fine infusions
2. masterwork infusions
3. rare infusions
4. exotic infusions
5. ascended infusions

And all of that is in addition to what you would have to do to get legendaries. But don’t worry…ArenaNet didn’t intend for it to be a treadmill.

Posted by: El Hefe.2814

El Hefe.2814

if you guys feel like you are grinding then take a break. the game is meant to be fun. if you have fun enough times you get a nice reward on-top of the rewards you earned while having fun. there is no reason to ‘grind’ out this gear. the pve in this game isn’t even competitive. so, if you feel yourself grinding, take a step back, take a few days off, and relax. the game is meant to be fun. if you arent having fun, then dont play. it will be here when you get back. free of charge.

Cromag.7195

I think you missed the point, this is not about having no fun, this is about a manifesto which stated, that such stuff won’t be in this game.

And these recipes are insane, did you even bother to read the ingredients you need?

Fozzik.1742

if you guys feel like you are grinding then take a break. the game is meant to be fun. if you have fun enough times you get a nice reward on-top of the rewards you earned while having fun. there is no reason to ‘grind’ out this gear. the pve in this game isn’t even competitive. so, if you feel yourself grinding, take a step back, take a few days off, and relax. the game is meant to be fun. if you arent having fun, then dont play. it will be here when you get back. free of charge.

Just playing and having fun will never get you the materials you need. Or it will be so time-prohibitive that the game will have moved on by the time you come close to getting the items.

I’ve played (no grinding) for over 450 hours, and I haven’t come close to having a full stack of T6 materials, or the money needed to buy a full stack. So in 450 hours of fun play, I can’t get even ONE of the many items I will need to just keep my head above water stat-wise.

So explain to me again how we don’t have to grind? There is no way at all that a player is going to keep up with this gear treadmill if they don’t focus on collecting those materials, and adjust their play style for greatest acquisition efficiency. In short, you’ve got to grind, or just accept the ever-increasing power gap between the players playing for fun and those who are grinding.

Also, some of the components are rare drops from the new dungeon, forcing players to battle RNG to get what they need. There’s no way to get those items other than repeating the content endlessly. What should a player do if they don’t find the new dungeon fun after the 50th run-through? Should they just quit?

The people who have a problem with this new stat treadmill are the ones who just want to play for fun, and don’t want to get left behind for doing so.

(edited by Fozzik.1742)

Morrigan.2809

I think you missed the point, no one in this tread likes to grind.
I do play the game to have fun, sadly now my gear is no longer the best, so that freedom is taken from me and I no longer feel that I have the leisure to pursue my own goals in the game because those now are either obsolete or dictated to me by the new gear tier- you try and explore the world for fun or do DE’s with everyone sucked into The Fractal dungeon.
As for taking a break and coming back- how many tiers will be introduced in the time I’m gone? All this happened over the space of one week- heaven forbid you take a month off, there might not be a game to come back to.
I was having a lot of fun, thanks

Gunnar’s Hold

El Hefe.2814

I think you missed the point, this is not about having no fun, this is about a manifesto which stated, that such stuff won’t be in this game.

And these recipes are insane, did you even bother to read the ingredients you need?

you don’t need anything in this game. it’s the most casual mmo every created. the gear is optional. it’s for those that like grinding. the pve in this game is not competitive. nothing is required. you choose what you like. do the things you think are fun. if the recipes seem like a grind to you, don’t do them. do something fun. everything is optional.

El Hefe.2814

I do play the game to have fun, sadly now my gear is no longer the best, so that freedom is taken from me and I no longer feel that I have the leisure to pursue my own goals in the game because those now are either obsolete or dictated to me by the new gear tier- you try and explore the world for fun or do DE’s with everyone sucked into The Fractal dungeon.
As for taking a break and coming back- how many tiers will be introduced in the time I’m gone? All this happened over the space of one week- heaven forbid you take a month off, there might not be a game to come back to.

all the gear is optional. you can do anything you want with the gear you already have. what is ‘the best gear’? the pve in this game isn’t competitive. it’s meant to be fun. if you aren’t having fun, take a break.

El Hefe.2814

Just playing and having fun will never get you the materials you need. Or it will be so time-prohibitive that the game will have moved on by the time you come close to getting the items.

I’ve played (no grinding) for over 450 hours, and I haven’t come close to having a full stack of T6 materials, or the money needed to buy a full stack. So in 450 hours of fun play, I can’t get even ONE of the many items I will need to just keep my head above water stat-wise.

So explain to me again how we don’t have to grind? There is no way at all that a player is going to keep up with this gear treadmill if they don’t focus on collecting those materials, and adjust their play style for greatest acquisition efficiency. In short, you’ve got to grind, or just accept the ever-increasing power gap between the players playing for fun and those who are grinding.

Also, some of the components are rare drops from the new dungeon, forcing players to battle RNG to get what they need. There’s no way to get those items other than repeating the content endlessly. What should a player do if they don’t find the new dungeon fun after the 50th run-through? Should they just quit?

The people who have a problem with this new stat treadmill are the ones who just want to play for fun, and don’t want to get left behind for doing so.

it’s so simple it confusing………..ready…………….wait for it………………………….

PLAY THE GAME FOR FUN. IF YOU AREN’T HAVING FUN THEN TAKE A BREAK.

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Colin Johanson
“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2, no one enjoys that no one finds it fun”

Ree Soesbee
“As a structure the MMO has lost the ability to make the player feel like a hero. Everybody around you is doing the same thing you are doing the boss you just killed re-spawns 10 minutes later, it doesn’t care that I’m there”

Something seriously wrong with their statements.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Cromag.7195

“By adding challenging new combat mechanics to end-game content and ways to mitigate those mechanics through gear progression for high-end players, we can add personal progression without making the game feel like an endless treadmill of gear that is just out of your reach.” – Linsey Murdock

I really think you missed the last patch…and compare the statement to the recipe above.

(edited by Cromag.7195)

Morrigan.2809

all the gear is optional. you can do anything you want with the gear you already have. what is ‘the best gear’? the pve in this game isn’t competitive. it’s meant to be fun. if you aren’t having fun, take a break.

You need people around you in order to do hard DE’s, which I happen to enjoy.
The maps are empty because people are being funneled into one corner of the game. Good luck and have fun doing Temple events by yourself.
I also enjoy crafting- I have 3 maxed- have you seen the recipe requirements for ascended gear?
The best gear in PVE is not about competition, it means that you can forget about gear and do whatever floats your boat.
I will say again, I was having fun until last Monday.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

All the “take a break” shouters are missing the point. Taking a break only leads to not being able to play future content. How soon that’s going to happen is unknown to each and every one of us players – even those who love the grind.
I actually like the idea of the infusions, even the different tiers of infusions. But the ascended gear itself represents a broken promise, a shattered hope – I can’t watch the linked manifeso trailer without getting sad.
We came from another p2win asia grind mmo, switched to GW2, fell in love with this game – what a difference! Not caring about gear, max gear was no issue, because it was easy to get. Some of us play quite a few hours a day, some only 2, but it didn’t matter – we could still do everything as a group.
That’s the past.

Posted by: Nephar.3746

Nephar.3746

All the “take a break” shouters are missing the point. Taking a break only leads to not being able to play future content. How soon that’s going to happen is unknown to each and every one of us players – even those who love the grind.
I actually like the idea of the infusions, even the different tiers of infusions. But the ascended gear itself represents a broken promise, a shattered hope – I can’t watch the linked manifeso trailer without getting sad.
We came from another p2win asia grind mmo, switched to GW2, fell in love with this game – what a difference! Not caring about gear, max gear was no issue, because it was easy to get. Some of us play quite a few hours a day, some only 2, but it didn’t matter – we could still do everything as a group.
That’s the past.

U can still do everything playing 2 hours a day, tell me something that u cant do?
The little boy want a legendary (worth very few stats more) playing 2 hours a day? u will in some months where is the problem? U want to do max progress in the newest dungeon playing 2 hours a day? U will in same weeks and just with exotics gear, buy the agony resistance socket with crystal and get the ascendant ring or whatever from the dungeon itself!!
U are just jealous ranters, “wannabe hardcore” that want everything they see from others players in game playing 1 hours a day. The content allow everyone (hardcore and casuals) to play the game and enjoy it.
Real casuals dont rant on forums for this things, they just play and have fun with friends. My girlfriend is dressed in rare/green (no exotics except underwater weapons and a staff lvl 78) and we are actually at fractals diff 9. just tell me something u cant do in this game as a casual????

p.s. in which way the cash shop should be an edge on progression in the game?

(edited by Nephar.3746)

Fozzik.1742

it’s so simple it confusing………..ready…………….wait for it………………………….

PLAY THE GAME FOR FUN. IF YOU AREN’T HAVING FUN THEN TAKE A BREAK.

You really are immune to reason, aren’t you? Well… good luck with your complaint thread.

Oh, and I am taking a break. Quite possibly a permanent one. I stopped playing last Thursday when they implemented the gear treadmill and massive grind for ever-increasing stats. I don’t find that fun, in any way, shape, or form. If I just kept playing the way that is fun for me, I would get left farther and farther behind, be less and less effective, and eventually be unable to do content in PvE or compete in WvW. A slow, painful decline into obsolescence isn’t fun for me, either.

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

288 skill points? ouch
eep. I should not have made so many mystic forge weapons.

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

U can still do everything playing 2 hours a day, tell me something that u cant do?
The little boy want a legendary (worth very few stats more) playing 2 hours a day? u will in some months where is the problem? U want to do max progress in the newest dungeon playing 2 hours a day? U will in same weeks and just with exotics gear, buy the agony resistance socket with crystal and get the ascendant ring or whatever from the dungeon itself!!
U are just jealous ranters, “wannabe hardcore” that want everything they see from others players in game playing 1 hours a day. The content allow everyone (hardcore and casuals) to play the game and enjoy it.
Real casuals dont rant on forums for this things, they just play and have fun with friends. My girfriend is dressed in rare/green (no exotics except underwater weapons and a staff lvl 78) and we are actually at fractals diff 9. just tell me something u cant do in this game as a casual????

First of all: Please re-read. I was answering to the “take a break” people. What part didn’t you get, maybe I’ll be able to explain in a better way. To make it very simple: “Taking a break” —> “No ascended gear in few weeks/months” —> “Groups want to do fractals 10+” —> “No group”.
And then: This is so not ranting – it’s actually a very calm post. Maybe you should go check what ranting actually means. Wannabe hardcore? So not… I don’t envy a single thing super pro hardcore players have.
I never said the Cash-Shop is an advantage, I used the term p2win to explain our background as a guild – we know grind when we see it
It’s nice that you take your girlfriend with you, thoug it would be expected of any decent boyfriend who is not a total kitten. ^^ But what when agony kicks in (lvl 10+) and she needs the resistance?

Posted by: Nephar.3746

Nephar.3746

Real casuals dont rant on forums for this things, they just play and have fun with friends. My girfriend is dressed in rare/green (no exotics except underwater weapons and a staff lvl 78) and we are actually at fractals diff 9. just tell me something u cant do in this game as a casual????

First of all: Please re-read. I was answering to the “take a break” people. What part didn’t you get, maybe I’ll be able to explain in a better way. To make it very simple: “Taking a break” —> “No ascended gear in few weeks/months” --> “Groups want to do fractals 10+” —> “No group”.
And then: This is so not ranting – it’s actually a very calm post. Maybe you should go check what ranting actually means. Wannabe hardcore? So not… I don’t envy a single thing super pro hardcore players have.
I never said the Cash-Shop is an advantage, I used the term p2win to explain our background as a guild – we know grind when we see it
It’s nice that you take your girlfriend with you, thoug it would be expected of any decent boyfriend who is not a total kitten. ^^ But what when agony kicks in (lvl 10+) and she needs the resistance?

u know u can buy resistance crystals from same token u get from dungeon? u know u dont get any ascendants ring with infusion slot till lvl 10+ (and only a chance to get it)? agony is not the problem right now, so simple.
If u want to take a break? when u come back u will play with players that hve your progression that’s all, u will get new friends on your lvl, i cant really see the point..
Are u pretending to stop playing for months and be able to do difficulty 50 when u come back?
Then again why u need to grind and p2win in this game? I grinded a lot cause i wanted legendary, friends that are ACTUALLY playing with me (same progression, same dungeons, same wvw..) didnt grind at all and some of them log in less than 2 hours a day.
Others friends of mine didnt even began Fractals progression. when they will, i will go back their difficulty and play with them. it is a mmo, make friends, have fun with people, dont need to rush anything here at least u have an objective that is far from something can give u an advantage (legendary).

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Wait wait wait:

So what you all are saying is if I want 12 Ascended pieces of gear with infusions, I need to come up with:

To craft 12 Ascended items:
3000 tier 6 fine crafting material
12 vials of condensed mist essence
600 globs of ectoplasm
288 skill points

To infuse 12 Ascended items:
3000 Passion Fruits
1200 Vicious Claws

Seriously? I mean, seriously? To get better gear I need to do this?

I didn’t mind the Obsidian Armor grind in GW1 – the stats were IDENTICAL to the cheap stuff you could get from the merchant. But THIS? For gear with HIGHER STATS?

Who are you people who designed this, and what have you done with ArenaNet?

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

This is the new gold standard for the genre, anything less (or that costs more) is simply unacceptable" Oct 2012

To abandon that and give us just another gear grinder in it’s place is unspeakably disappointing.

Basically, in october the 15th, they took the gold standard from us and in return gave us something less, which is simply unacceptable.

Fozzik.1742

Wait wait wait:

I think we’re all wondering that same thing.

Morrigan.2809

This is the new gold standard for the genre, anything less (or that costs more) is simply unacceptable" Oct 2012

Basically, in october the 15th, they took the gold standard from us and in return gave us something less, which is simply unacceptable.

I think you mean Nov 15th, but yes in a nutshell.
Btw the Oct date on the quote is from the issue of the magazine- so sad how things can change in a month

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

Wait wait wait:

So what you all are saying is if I want 12 Ascended pieces of gear with infusions, I need to come up with:

600 globs of ectoplasm
288 skill points

3000 Passion Fruits
1200 Vicious Claws

I didn’t mind the Obsidian Armor grind in GW1 – the stats were IDENTICAL to the cheap stuff you could get from the merchant. But THIS? For gear with HIGHER STATS?

Don’t be silly. You are supposed to buy gems, turn it into gold and buy those materials. Either on the TP or to pay others to run you for the Bind on Acquire tems. But the mst important thing is that your cash becomes ArenaNet’s cash.

Posted by: aeroh.8930

aeroh.8930

The new infusion system, which will be released in tiers, means if you want to obtain a fully infusion equipped armor, which as stated in the blog post is necessary to experience later released content:

6 armor slots:

1 Precise Infusion as example (blue: +5 Precision, +5 Agony Resi):

250 Passion Fruit
100 Vicious Claw
1 Eldritch Scroll
20 Mystic Coin

1500 Passion Fruits
600 Vicious Claws

If you want these for trinkets, rings, back too:

1500 Passion Fruits
600 Vicious Claws

fully equipped that means:

3000 Passion Fruits
1200 Vicious Claws

but only to the next released tier, which will be green I guess.

If that is not asia grind at it’s best, then I live in another reality than most other people. But wait, you can use the cash shop…without words.

The really horrible thing is that is only for one set of gear on one character. If you want to mix it up, change your build from conditions to power/crit or something else, you need a whole new set of gear. And god help you if you have alts…

That is just pure insanity.

I like this game, I want to like this game, but not that much.

Posted by: Dulon.9347

Dulon.9347

If this was some optional cosmetic stuff it would be ok…

But like this?
I am not sure if i can keep up with that.

At some point there will be other players in the game that beat my character simply
because of some gear advantage.
I actually dread new content updates now since they might add more ascended gear and widen the gap.

If they offered a permanent transfer to some pre lost shore update server that won’t
get any content updates again ever, i would switch in a heartbeat.

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

This is Korean-strength grinder and complete turnaround in design ideology.

GW2, its not you, its the grind.

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Thanks for this, thought I was the only one whose heart sinks everytime I see that.
I watch it, I want that game.. I so much wanted that game, then reality sinks in, I look at the icon on my pc and my dreams fade away.

May seem over the top for some, but makes me feel better knowing at least one other feels the same way. Ive read most of the conspiratorial posts, and a little part of me hopes there is truth in some.. that no one can change their belief’s, their pride, their sense of direction in such a short time.. its the silence that is prob the hardest and the most damaging as it stands atm.

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Is ANet going to say/do something or should we start picking the new name too? Grind Wars 2, Clone Wars 2…

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

World of Grind Wars 2 seems appropriate.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

There are two issues here. 1) is the introduction of the grind itself, violating the manifesto, and 2) is the nature of the grind. In a truly grindy MMO I can get the new tier in a couple weeks max at my rate of play at zero cost in terms of gold. So, 1) they’ve introduced a gear grind, and 2) it is the mother of all gear grinds.

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

You lose all credibility when you can’t take the time to spell you correctly.

That’s the past.

Real casuals dont rant on forums for this things, they just play and have fun with friends. My girlfriend is dressed in rare/green (no exotics except underwater weapons and a staff lvl 78) and we are actually at fractals diff 9. just tell me something u cant do in this game as a casual????

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Wait wait wait:

600 globs of ectoplasm
288 skill points

3000 Passion Fruits
1200 Vicious Claws

I get your point, and agree it’s a grind, but some pieces we know cannot be crafted in this manner. The rings are random drops for example. This may make it worse for you. I don’t know what the drop rate is as I have lost interest in the dungeon after seeing all the fractals. I don’t do well when it comes to having to perform the same activity over and over again.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Good lord. Well, you have to give them credit for one thing. People who did ask for some grindy vertical progression certainly have gotten what they asked for.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I just can’t figure out why they try to force feed us this PvE crap.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch