"We don't want you to grind" Oh realy?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solefald.8751

Solefald.8751

In the latest patch, steeltide got stealth nerf. I have to say good job….you don’t want us to farm, and you keep nerfing every single money/material source. What’s the point for this? t6 materials for a legendary is just insane if you want to buy it from TP. If you continue to do this, I’ll realy consider buying further expansions…..also fix your game don’t do content patches in every month, no point in it.

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

The whole point of these nerfs, which are intentional without a doubt, is that you spend more rl money on their piece of crap gem store. No subs so they have to sucker you in some how.

Mors janua vitæ

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

I’ve come to the conclusion that the game is pointless. Grind is not my thing. (I know some people just adore it) I stopped playing GW2, and was toying around with an old console type game. I immediately remembered why I liked RPGs. There was a sense of achievement & progression if you used some strategy.

I just don’t have the will or desire (or time) to do things endlessly. Like you mentioned farming. I like farming actually. (sometimes) What is the point if you feel you never get anywhere though?

Gear is a moving target in this game anyway. Not only do you quickly outlevel it, but then comes the next flavor of the month gear, and yours in now useless.

I think the devs have to learn that busy does not = fun. Same with the maps and personal stories. Your doing the same shared maps and PS with all your characters and not having any fun. (because of the deja vous)

Perhaps I am the odd man out on this one, but this is how I feel.

Solefald.8751

Yes I have to say you are right. But things are getting worse since the lost shores patch.

SHM.7628

The whole point of these nerfs, which are intentional without a doubt, is that you spend more rl money on their piece of crap gem store. No subs so they have to sucker you in some how.

Very transparent, but not very smart. People don’t spend money on a game they don’t enjoy.

Solefald.8751

@SHM My goal is a legendary weapon, but now with this genius stealth nerf I have to grind even harder.

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

No lifer style.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Lol well technically it does make sense.

“We don’t want you to grind”

~Nerfs farmable thingy~

“There, now you won’t grind.” =p

SHM.7628

Yes I have to say you are right. But things are getting worse since the lost shores patch.

As far as I was concerned, lost shores was the final nail in their coffin. After they made my level 80 exotics obsolete, there was no turning back. I deleted the characters and uninstalled the game.

Since lost shores (or the final insult as I like to call it) I haven’t even been mildly tempted to play again.

If you love grind ( I do not) there’s lots of Korean grinders out there that are way more fun anyway. The joke’s on them, because they’ll get no cash shop purchases from me now.

Solefald.8751

I personally hate grinding and farming(sometimes with a funny group it’s okay.) but with this move they only making me search for another spot(like skelks in southstone, but they got nerfed also a bit imo) which drops much less things—→more time spent with grinding/earning stuff for legendary.

SHM.7628

@SHM My goal is a legendary weapon, but now with this genius stealth nerf I have to grind even harder.

I do understand. I just think its easier to walk away at this point. Who is to say they won’t add another infusion or some other nonsense to legendaries in the future? Three months in and they did it to exotics. What makes you think you’re safe? When asked about these things they are vague in their answers anyway.

Seriously, stop punishing yourself. It’s just not worth it.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

Please insert credit card so I may eat your monies!

Posted by: kenahs.8397

kenahs.8397

@SHM, I respect your opinion though I can’t understand why you have deleted your characters, and uninstalled the game.

You clearly feel strongly enough about this game to troll it’s forums.

Posted by: Chris.6105

Chris.6105

Legendary are long time goals, if you try to grind/farm it in short time, it is your fault…

What me annoys more are the many things i cant get if i need them, if i am not farming… To get 400 without grind/farm takes much time, you can get the crafted stuff far before this through AH. And Dungeontokens, you have to do the same Ini over and over for it, boring like hell…

SHM.7628

@SHM, I respect your opinion though I can’t understand why you have deleted your characters, and uninstalled the game.

I am not a troll. I payed my money for this game. I deserve to have my voice heard. We were duped. Three weeks in they changed the game to something else enirely different than the game I payed for. They also duped us with the manifesto.

I’d be more than happy with a refund. Since they won’t do that. they have to live with the bad press. However, If you like the game then kudos. Odd though that you respect my opinion and call me a troll at the same time.

(edited by SHM.7628)

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

In the latest patch, steeltide got stealth nerf. I have to say good job….you don’t want us to farm, and you keep nerfing every single money/material source. What’s the point for this? t6 materials for a legendary is just insane if you want to buy it from TP. If you continue to do this, I’ll realy consider buying further expansions…..also fix your game don’t do content patches in every month, no point in it.

They dont want you to farm your legendary in 2 months. It is supposed to by long term goal =1 year for instance.

If you want to buy it from TP its your fault so no reason to complain about high prices. Go farm material instead using TP as shortcut …

Someone already said this. But it looks like whoever is complaining about HIGH TP prices is just mad because he cant use this shortcut to craft his Legendary anymore. You are not supposed to buy everything from TP you know?

Please just dont create another topic like this, we already have plenty of them.

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Posted by: Primal.9513

Primal.9513

They dont want you to farm your legendary in 2 months. It is supposed to by long term goal =1 year for instance.

That was true when legendary weapons were only cosmetic upgrades. Now they are simply BiS with no equivalent, since ascended weapons are not there yet.

“We don’t make grindy games!”

Then GW2 is either not a game, or made by you.

Solefald.8751

I will create topics like this, I have the right to complain, I payed for it just like you. If you are not interested and the current things are okay to you, please move along. And yes they are longtime goals…but i don’t want to collect things for years. And what if they add new legendaries and I need something from them? All my “work” is for nothing?

Dogblaster.6713

That was true when legendary weapons were only cosmetic upgrades. Now they are simply BiS with no equivalent, since ascended weapons are not there yet.

No they are still optional and cosmetic upgrade. They have now exactly same stats like exotics And when ascended weapons arrive it will still be easyer to obtain them than Legendary weapons .. And Legendary wepons wont ever have Infusion slots (main reason to have ascended weapons)

So you are wrong

So stop making up stuff just to make developers lower the prices/requirements for Legendary weapons only because you are not willing to do them.

I know already about 5-7 players from my guild, or friend that are close to Legendary weapons. In my oppinion that is kinda big number for something that had to be most rare and unique weapon for 5% population only.

But it atleast prove that its not impossible to craft Legendary.

SHM.7628

If you want to buy it from TP its your fault so no reason to complain. Go farm material instead using TP as shortcuts …

Someone already said this. But it looks like whoever is complaining about HIGH TP prices is just mad because he cant use this shortcut to craft his Legendary. You are not supposed to buy everything from TP you know?

Please just dont create another topic like this, we already have plenty of them.

In a no grind game getting the max weapon is a year? Yeah, that makes no sense at all. “There are enough of these posts” because many people are greatly displeased.

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

1. I won’t grind.
2. Farming is something I’ll do only sporadically and in very small doses.
3. I will not pay real money for something that can be obtained in game.

So far, this hasn’t been a problem for me. So far. But, now that I’m hundreds of hours in, I can see the dark clouds on the horizon. I can see the point where, on my list of things to do, there’ll be nothing left to check off.

When I reach that point, if all that remains is chasing after obscene amounts of materials and currencies in a game that, frankly, is currently coming off to me as being absurdly stingy, well. Refer back to the above. I won’t be doing that.

There won’t be much in the way of hard feelings about it, though. I’ve certainly gotten my money’s worth out of this game.

But if ANet wants to build population and community, wants to retain its customers… I don’t think they’re going about it in the right way. If, come six or seven months in, the situation is much the same as it is now, any hope of a long-term investment from me will be out the window.

Posted by: jbrother.1340

jbrother.1340

If you want to buy it from TP its your fault so no reason to complain. Go farm material instead using TP as shortcuts …

Someone already said this. But it looks like whoever is complaining about HIGH TP prices is just mad because he cant use this shortcut to craft his Legendary. You are not supposed to buy everything from TP you know?

If you don’t like the topic then don’t read it. I get infracted almost every post I make so this one should to kittenit. If i don’t then i did it wrong.

TO the quote post:

I hear what you are saying about long term goals. A year is not unreasonable if the events that already have transpired had not. Such as all the precursors and the amount of people that already have legendary. Personally I could care less about them, and I am not going for one. What I do care about is that there will be multiple other mmo style games out in the next year. You may not care or feel they can draw customers away from ANET here but they will. Only the most die hard gamers will stay for legendary if other games launching seem interesting. MMO players just don’t stay in a game the way they use to so these types of long term goals for the average player, the player that really makes these companies money are no longer realistic for in the end a pretty lame reward. Sure this is my opinion however the fact other games are launching is not. They will draw people away and adding time sinks to the time sinks in this game won’t help keep the player base here.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Odd though that you respect my opinion and call me a troll at the same time.

Well there is a difference between respecting your opinion and liking it. I totally respect your opinion and you have the right to it. In certain parts of the world, you completely have the privilege to shout that opinion until your voice gives out.

However, I don’t think you should be surprised that someone calls you out over it. You deleted your characters, uninstalled your game, and if this had ended with “and then I moved on” . . . nobody’d be caring. However, if you consistently keep showing up in a place where you admittedly have no interest in improving anything just to say how bad it is?

Why would you be surprised someone called you a troll? Even if what you are instead is just a protester?

I’ve come to the conclusion that the game is pointless.

Also, every video game is (in essence) pointless. They’re meant to entertain, for the most part, and from a purely objective standpoint . . . mere entertainment is pointless, worthless, and not worthy of time spent. You gain nothing tangible through entertainment, except you will lose precious time.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Primal.9513

No they are still optional and cosmetic upgrade. They have exactly same stats like exotics And when ascended weapons arrive it will still be easyer to obtain them than Legendary weapons ..

http://www.gw2db.com/items/63469-twilight
http://www.gw2db.com/items/48101-invaders-greatsword

Doesn’t seem to be the same stats to me.

And Legendary wepons wont ever have Infusion slots (main reason to have ascended weapons)

Wanna bet on that one?

Dogblaster.6713

In a no grind game getting the max weapon is a year? Yeah, that makes no sense at all. “There are enough of these posts” because many people are greatly displeased.

Its the Legendary weapon .. not some max weapon. Max weapon is any exotic weapon 80 lvl.

Legendary weapons are ment to be the most exclusive, rare, unique weapons that only the most dedicated players will have. Simple

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

Or, instead of farming for a year, you could get a job. You know, that thing that people do to get money. Real money.

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

How long till people understand that you’re NOT supposed to grind or farm? You will not get diminishing returns unless you sit there doing the same thing for hours. Which is not even fun!So why do you people do it? Want a good income? Rotate what you do. Do dungeons, then WvW, then events, then kill something. Why can some make money and some go to the forums to whine?

Solefald.8751

Or, instead of farming for a year, you could get a job. You know, that thing that people do to get money. Real money.

Please don’t go off topic….

Primal.9513

How long till people understand that you’re NOT supposed to grind or farm? You will not get diminishing returns unless you sit there doing the same thing for hours. Which is not even fun!So why do you people do it? Want a good income? Rotate what you do. Do dungeons, then WvW, then events, then kill something. Why can some make money and some go to the forums to whine?

And how fun is it to set yourself a goal and deliberately NOT work toward it?

And to come back to legendary weapons, my bad, same stats as exotics, even if they were buffed for a while it seems. (http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/244999-legendary-weapons-boosted-to-ascended-stats/)

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

As far as I was concerned, lost shores was the final nail in their coffin. After they made my level 80 exotics obsolete, there was no turning back. I deleted the characters and uninstalled the game.

Werid, my exotics are just fine, working as they did before the patch. Myabe you should’ve reported the bug before deleting the chars. Or is this the new QQ-trend?

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

Please don’t go off topic….

That is not off-topic at all. Games are supposed to be about fun, not about working your back off as if you were getting paid. If you enjoy repetition, you might as well get a job and start being productive.

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

Mirta.5029

Do you NEED a legendary? Legendary was there as the ultimate goal skin that only a small dedicated number of players are supposed to have. If everyone got one it would be pointless. I’m close to full world explore (94%). That’s one of my goals. Stopped with that one because I’m leveling more chars up. I want a level 80, 400 in jewelling character, am still lacking a 400 armorsmith and 400 leatherworker (my bf provides the weapons, so I am responsible for gearing us up in armor). I will want to achieve that first. Will I get a legendary ever? Maybe, who knows? That goal is too long term for me at this point in time. But you know what? I’m not worried about it! I’m having fun with the game and I don’t need a skin to show off how big is my kitten.

SHM.7628

Well there is a difference between respecting your opinion and liking it. I totally respect your opinion and you have the right to it. In certain parts of the world, you completely have the privilege to shout that opinion until your voice gives out.

However, I don’t think you should be surprised that someone calls you out over it. You deleted your characters, uninstalled your game, and if this had ended with “and then I moved on” . . . nobody’d be caring. However, if you consistently keep showing up in a place where you admittedly have no interest in improving anything just to say how bad it is?

Why would you be surprised someone called you a troll? Even if what you are instead is just a protester?

Also, every video game is (in essence) pointless. They’re meant to entertain, for the most part, and from a purely objective standpoint . . . mere entertainment is pointless, worthless, and not worthy of time spent. You gain nothing tangible through entertainment, except you will lose precious time.

It’s pointless because its not fun. To me trolling means being abusive. I was not.

Things change because people dissent. Bad press makes a company more likely to change. Why do you think jugs of liquid karma were added?

I am a displeased customer. (there are many) I have a few options here that I excersised. I stopped playing, which empties the servers and prompts chnges. I am giving my feedback here and to anyone who asks my opinion. (word of mouth) I also have the power of the wallet. no cash shop support. plus no more anet purchases until I feel satisfied. In the end the bottom line is all that matters anyway.

Don’t like it? too bad for you. This is the American way.

Mirta.5029

And how fun is it to set yourself a goal and deliberately NOT work toward it?

And to come back to legendary weapons, my bad, same stats as exotics, even if they were buffed for a while it seems. (http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/244999-legendary-weapons-boosted-to-ascended-stats/)

who said that by having fun you’re not working towards it? Your money is slowly going to a plus no matter what you do and grinding is simply not fun. Therefore you might as well do everything that you enjoy doing and then buy one mat at a time every time when you have efficient money. I’ve seen other people work for a legendary. They rotate the things that they are doing too.

kenahs.8397

I am not a troll. I payed my money for this game. I deserve to have my voice heard. We were duped. Three weeks in they changed the game to something else enirely different than the game I payed for. They also duped us with the manifesto.

I’d be more than happy with a refund. Since they won’t do that. they have to live with the bad press. However, If you like the game then kudos. Odd though that you respect my opinion and call me a troll at the same time.

Voicing your discontent towards a game that you don’t play anymore is “pointless” though you have that right.. Reading some of your other post however, would lead me to think your purpose is to convince others to feel the way you do.

Dogblaster.6713

Ye you could. Thats your choice. Everyone can decide what he wants am I right? Is this 2012 right?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’s pointless because its not fun. To me trolling means being abusive. I was not.

Things change because people dissent. Bad press makes a company more likely to change. Why do you think jugs of liquid karma were added?

I am a displeased customer. (there are many) I have a few options here that I excersised. I stopped playing, which empties the servers and prompts chnges. I am giving my feedback here and to anyone who asks my opinion. (word of mouth) I also have the power of the wallet. no cash shop support. plus no more anet purchases until I feel satisfied. In the end the bottom line is all that matters anyway.

Don’t like it? too bad for you. This is the American way.

The American way is not the ONLY way, mind you. Nor is it necessarily the best way.

My last words on this topic to you are: why don’t you just be mature about it, chalk up the loss of time and/or money, and move on? Putting this much effort into something you don’t care about isn’t healthy.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Dogblaster.6713

Do you NEED a legendary? Legendary was there as the ultimate goal skin that only a small dedicated number of players are supposed to have. If everyone got one it would be pointless. I’m close to full world explore (94%). That’s one of my goals. Stopped with that one because I’m leveling more chars up. I want a level 80, 400 in jewelling character, am still lacking a 400 armorsmith and 400 leatherworker (my bf provides the weapons, so I am responsible for gearing us up in armor). I will want to achieve that first. Will I get a legendary ever? Maybe, who knows? That goal is too long term for me at this point in time. But you know what? I’m not worried about it! I’m having fun with the game and I don’t need a skin to show off how big is my kitten.

Totally agree with Mirta on this one

Posted by: Gnatoay.7581

Gnatoay.7581

Lol well technically it does make sense.

“We don’t want you to grind”

~Nerfs farmable thingy~

“There, now you won’t grind.” =p

True very very true
See GW2 wasn’t supposed to be a game where u guys grind so please stop farming for things as farming means grinding this nerf is free rehabilitation

Day in, Day out; Grinding

kenahs.8397

Just so we’re crystal clear here @SMH, I’m no fanboy, there is a lot I don’t like about this game, but I see potential.

Solefald.8751

I understand your opinions, and respect them. But there a few ppl who actually wants to speed up the process for the legendary, like me, but since lost shores the prices skyrocket, farming places gettin nerfed etc….I don’t think this is soo hard to understand. But meh….it’s maybe me getting old and whine about everything…and btw I do enjoy the game, but there are problems with it(for me at least).

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Well, so much for the “free content” if we’re not allowed to get it on casual basis. It goes against everything they ever said prior to launch and I noticed as well that if you keep farming mobs after some time they stop dropping stuff.

Dogblaster.6713

I understand your opinions, and respect them. But there a few ppl who actually wants to speed up the process for the legendary, like me, but since lost shores the prices skyrocket, farming places gettin nerfed etc….I don’t think this is soo hard to understand. But meh….it’s maybe me getting old and whine about everything…and btw I do enjoy the game, but there are problems with it(for me at least).

So only because you are unpatient and you want to speed up the whole process they should do that? You are joking right? That is just ridiculous.

I bet there are tons of players that would like to speed up everything. Have 80 in one day, have full exotic in few hours and more .. THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS.

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

This is the first game in where I have found it restrictive to make allot
of money the “honest” way. When I say allot, I should say enough to
gear out 2-3 toons in exotics.

As some have said, I love to grind for some reason, but this game
has never rewarded that. Every week, someone money making method
seems to get nerfed. Believe it or not, I with bots were back in the game
to the level they were. Why? Because the day thousands got banned, prices
all went up (my lord unidentified dyes went from 2 silver to 17 silver).

All I have to say is I feel bad for the new player coming into the game who trys
to gear themselves. A set of gear is over 20 gold now (used to be 10).

Primal.9513

My point is: If you rely on the DR system to force player into things they don’t necessarily want to do, something is wrong. People do what they want when playing. Some people might farm somewhere, as boring as it may be, because they want their reward faster (farm 5 powerful bloods to craft an exotic weapon, etc…). And who can tell, doing two times the same path of a dungeon is not fun? The DR system should be here to prevent abuses, like bots. Not to force you into someone’s definition of “fun”.

And seeing how it fails to discourage bots, I don’t understand why it’s still here.

Solefald.8751

So only because you are unpatient and you want to speed up the whole process they should do that? You are joking right? That is just ridiculous

Well they allowed it for the ones who already has it, why is the discrimination please explain. Also what the hell are you talking about? Steeltide was farmable since start…..and now they removed it for no reason. I don’t ask for über drops man….I wan’t back steeltide, and don’t want further nerfs on income sources.

Dogblaster.6713

So only because you are unpatient and you want to speed up the whole process they should do that? You are joking right? That is just ridiculous

Well they allowed it for the ones who already has it, why is the discrimination please explain. Also what the hell are you talking about? Steeltide was farmable since start…..and now they removed it for no reason. I don’t ask for über drops man….I wan’t back steeltide, and don’t want further nerfs on income sources.

They did not allowed it to anyone. The market is always evolving so at the release of the game it was obvious that prices will be lower than now. THERE WAS 10X LOWER DEMAND FOR EVERYTHING. If you were smart enought like those players you could buy your materials cheaper too

Now you have 10x higher demand for everything + no bots, so the prices are naturally higher. Its simple, just go study something about economy pls.

Higher demand = Higher prices.

Its like if you were complaining in real life that your COUNTRY should give you now the same opportunities to become rich like people had 20 years ago after revolution when it was 10x easyer to become rich.

Also Arenanet did said that players are achieving Legendary weapons faster than expected so Its natural that they did nerf few things to make everything balanced.

Some opportunities are time limited and you cant just complain afterwards just because you didnt used them.

This is just not how the world works. Why do I need to explain this to someone .. I guess all those PC games fault.

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

It’s simple. When people see a grind to get something they want they start grinding.

Simply saying “yer doing it wrong!” is not a valid rebuttal. How else are you supposed to amass multiple 250 stacks of t6 materials without buying from TP or grinding for them in some way?

Are all of these high priced mats going to fall in your lap somehow if you simply log on every day for a year? You will not get the all from simply doing map completion or gathering tokens for the the other components of your legendary. You can get 500 tokens from dungeons and WvW a lot faster than you can get the ridiculous amount of mats needed for the other gifts.

Again, how exactly does one get multiple 250 stack of t6 items without using paypal or doing any sort of grinding?

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

Oh, wait, I was standing around in LA spamming LFG when a Vial of Powerful Blood and an Elaborate Totem magically appeared in my bank. Nevermind, and here I thought I had to actually go out and get the mats somehow.

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

Very transparent, but not very smart. People don’t spend money on a game they don’t enjoy.

I agree with you 120% on this but I’m just saying what their sick mind state is. The "devs" have taken a game with such great potential and turned it into a piece of stinking crap.

Mors janua vitæ