We need Elite zones like the Fissure of Woe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CulturedMind.9768

CulturedMind.9768

I wish we had zones in gw2 similar to its predecessor where the challenge was great but the loot was glorious.

Give us zones where level 80’s can be challenged with lots of elite mobs everywhere and really tough world bosses.

To increase difficulty make each end game zone if you will have less population then normal zones.

What do you think?

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Oh boy do I miss both FoW and UW. I’d love to have them as the top-tier explore areas like before, more so for the atmosphere they’d bring.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Fissure of Woe was instanced content, just like a dungeon. GW2 already has content like that.

I would agree that I’d like to see more, newer instances, like Fractals (but not necessarily another fractal). In addition, the two most recent maps are considerably more challenging for a lot of L80s (just look back to the number of people complaining that the pulls and conditions make the fights too difficult).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I miss DoA. * sigh *

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Nonoka.7028

Nonoka.7028

There were also Dungeons in the original Guild Wars.
They are kinda similar to the Dungeons in GW2, without the multiple paths.
FoW and UW were different though – they were actual zones.
So the Idea would be to do something different with the challenging content this time – instead of following the same formula as the dungeons are (relatively big structures with only a few paths that can be followed, predetermined by the path you choose), make a big zone with different “Quests”, and once you are done with all of them, you get to fight the boss and claim your really awesome prices.
So more like a hardmore map completion. And less like the dungeons.
And to the guy “Fow was easy” – why do you even need to write this down, without giving any input on the actual topic?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

but the loot was glorious.

they cannot do this. They can add elite zones, we already have harder content in game, like fractals. But they cannot add noteworthy or even exclusive loot. Hence, those areas are comparatively empty, because people usually undertake such endeavours once or never at all unless they will get rewarded accordingly. This is deeply ingrained in GW2 design philosophy. This game wants to include everyone, whatever the player skill or investment. Anet simply cannot create rewarding content demanding one or two of those.

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

they cannot do this. They can add elite zones, we already have harder content in game, like fractals. But they cannot add noteworthy or even exclusive loot.

Euhm, what? Why?

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

they cannot do this. They can add elite zones, we already have harder content in game, like fractals. But they cannot add noteworthy or even exclusive loot.

Euhm, what? Why?

Because we’ll simply zerg it, like the rest of the non-instanced ‘challenging’ content.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

they cannot do this. They can add elite zones, we already have harder content in game, like fractals. But they cannot add noteworthy or even exclusive loot. Hence, those areas are comparatively empty, because people usually undertake such endeavours once or never at all unless they will get rewarded accordingly. This is deeply ingrained in GW2 design philosophy. This game wants to include everyone, whatever the player skill or investment. Anet simply cannot create rewarding content demanding one or two of those.

Ascended rings, fractal tonic, and fractal weapon skins would all like to say “hello” from their exclusive area of obtainment, Fractals of The Mists. Oh yea, the black sheep known as magi’s inscriptions and insignias say hi too.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Ascended rings, fractal tonic, and fractal weapon skins would all like to say “hello” from their exclusive area of obtainment, Fractals of The Mists. Oh yea, the black sheep known as magi’s inscriptions and insignias say hi too.

All Account Bound items you listed. I think the loot can be glorious, but it should all be account bound, because no doubt it would turn into a zerg train come day one no matter how difficult the content is meant to be. It trivializes the content if everyone and there cousin are just in it for loot because zerging is a thing in this game.

If it only catered to people that want the difficulty and potentially cool account bound items, then you will likely see less zerg and more actual playing.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: BlackGuard.9602

BlackGuard.9602

I was hoping for something like that from start of the game.DoA,FoW,UW were awesome zones with much better loot.But its not just that.GW1 had story missions and all areas in hard mod.Hard mod made GW1 just insanely good and enjoyable.With completly open build system omg I wann aplay GW1 again hehe.
I dont play GW2 for quite some time but if they would add hard mod,elite zones or both I would totaly be back.That would finaly be enjoyable content…

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

For me the appeal with FoW and UW was that they were large open areas with multiple tasks, that you could tackle in whatever order you liked.

They provided a kind of non-linear instanced open area that was challenging and fun.

Dungeons are great, and I love that you get different paths, but I really enjoyed the freedom of choice that FoW & UW provided.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

For me the appeal with FoW and UW was that they were large open areas with multiple task, that you could tackle in whatever order you liked.

They provided a kind of non-linear instanced open area that was challenging and fun.

Dungeons are great, and I love that you get different paths, but I really enjoyed the freedom of choice thet FoW & UW provided.

This^. Having a “Hardmode” zone would be awesome. Being able to tackle the objectives in any order you wish and then have a Zone boss after completion would be glorious. You could actually think of these zones as Raids that you get to choose how you run them.

And IF they were to bring back FoW and UW they would have to bring back Obsidian Armor also.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I hope they return FoW and UW as “open world.” content but keep the entry free and keep the “kick from zone on death.”

#24 leaderboard rank North America.