We need Raid Groups

We need Raid Groups

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Omen.1879

Omen.1879

Just wondering whether we can get confirmation if adding support for Raid Groups is even in development?

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: Kopipoki.3542

Kopipoki.3542

Why would they add support for raid groups when there aren’t even raids. Squads on the other hand could use some work.

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Just wondering whether we can get confirmation if adding support for Raid Groups is even in development?

Not another one of these threads…..
Please use the search function before creating duplicate threads for subjects that have already had multiple discussions. The mods have to keep merging these and they have better things to do.
The short answer to your question is no. Nothing has ever been mentioned about adding raids or even a suggestion of them being in development or even that anyone inside anet has even given them any thought at all. You could ask the same question about adding flying saucers to the game and it would have just about the same relevance.

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Hi. There was a rather lengthy conversation on raids not long ago. This topic can get pretty heated from my experience here. I think there are some comments in the thread related to the potential or lack there of for it to be added to GW2. So I thought I would give you the link.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Raiding-1/

The Burninator

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Please use the search function before creating duplicate threads for subjects that have already had multiple discussions. The mods have to keep merging these and they have better things to do.
The short answer to your question is no. Nothing has ever been mentioned about adding raids or even a suggestion of them being in development or even that anyone inside anet has even given them any thought at all. You could ask the same question about adding flying saucers to the game and it would have just about the same relevance.

If the mods have better things to do, then why are they continuing to merge the threads? Anyway, raid groups would be fun.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

We need Raid Groups

JustTrogdor.7892

Please use the search function before creating duplicate threads for subjects that have already had multiple discussions.

Not to sound snide but from my experience the search function on this forum is on the verge of useless. As a test just now I went to the forum page, typed “raid” into the search function and got 6 results no of which were specific topics on raids.

I’m not sure why the search works this way because other days I can search a term and get tons of pages, still not very accurate. I try the exact same term another day and get 1 result. My only guess is it might have something to do with a cookie.

The best option for searching this forum is to use an external search engine like Google and type something like: Guild Wars 2 Forum raids.

The Burninator

We need Raid Groups

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Please use the search function before creating duplicate threads for subjects that have already had multiple discussions.

Not to sound snide but from my experience the search function on this forum is on the verge of useless. As a test just now I went to the forum page, typed “raid” into the search function and got 6 results no of which were specific topics on raids.

I’m not sure why the search works this way because other days I can search a term and get tons of pages, still not very accurate. I try the exact same term another day and get 1 result. My only guess is it might have something to do with a cookie.

The best option for searching this forum is to use an external search engine like Google and type something like: Guild Wars 2 Forum raids.

The search function is bad, the main issue as soon as yet another thread on the same subject is created, it pushes all the other results off of the search screen. If posters searched before posting, the older threads would show up in the results.

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

A few days ago there was mention that Anet is working on their version of a Raid.

Why you bein’ cute?

We need Raid Groups

ShiningSquirrel.3751

If the mods have better things to do, then why are they continuing to merge the threads? Anyway, raid groups would be fun.

They continue to merge the threads because people who can’t be bothered to look first keep creating multiple copies for the same subjects over and over and over again.
If you want to discuss raids, there are plenty of other threads with thousands of replies, but since the op created this thread now without searching first, those will now be harder to find when doing a search.

We need Raid Groups

JustTrogdor.7892

The search function is bad

Sorry to derail the thread. Bad is being kind. They would be better off using the Google Enterprise Search up in the corner. I just did their preview for the heck of it and it is much more nice.

Attachments:

The Burninator

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

Raids are a bad idea, it would be just zerging & no fun. I rather see dungeon improvement.

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

Perhaps you should retract that statement

There was an in game Q&A with snowcrash

Q:) Will we ever be able to go to Cantha?
(A:) (Paraphrasing) Cantha is definitely not cut from the game, you will just have to wait and see.
(Q:) Will we be getting more dungeons?
(A:) We will be continuing to work on our dungeons.
(Q:) (Follow-up) Old ones…or new ones?
(A:) Both!
(Q:) Will we ever see anything like raiding?
(A:) Our answer to raiding may very well be in the works!
(Q:) Is there anything being done to get people to want to spend time in their respective capital cities?
(A:) Yes.
(Q:) How is the LFG coming along?
(A:) Coming along great. We’re sorry for not putting it in sooner, but there aren’t enough hours in the day.
(Q:) (In whisper) Can you say anything at all about raid style content?
(A:) It is something I am very excited about and will be unique to GW2
(Cap of the exchange from above.) http://i.imgur.com/ExzO5dg.jpg
(Q:) What are your day to day duties?
(A:) (Too long, but, here is a cap of the answer:) http://i.imgur.com/WrOaCRb.jpg
(Snowcrash saying he was lead producer:) http://i.imgur.com/Sj45hX0.jpg

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: Omen.1879

Omen.1879

If you had bothered to take your own advice and search ‘raid’ or ‘raid group’ you would realize that this yields zero results.

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Raid group is not a raid, and I agree with the OP.

A raid group is simply a group of groups. Right now, the only way to get more than 5 people in a group together is to have a commander tag, which costs 100 gold. I think this is too steep a price.

A raid group would allow two groups of five people to join up into a single group.

Yesterday a small group from my guild were roaming in WvW. There were five of us. A sixth person joined and I had to leave the group so they could follow. It made me following them much harder.

Allowing an extended group isn’t a bad idea and doesn’t require raids at all.

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I would like cheaper squad leader books, so you can work your way up to commander, or stay at the level best for your guild.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Raid group is not a raid, and I agree with the OP.

A raid group is simply a group of groups. Right now, the only way to get more than 5 people in a group together is to have a commander tag, which costs 100 gold. I think this is too steep a price.

And its not even a proper group anyway, you can’t see where other members of the squad are only the commander, the commander can’t turn his icon off so only members of his squad can see it etc etc

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

We need Raid Groups

ShiningSquirrel.3751

If you had bothered to take your own advice and search ‘raid’ or ‘raid group’ you would realize that this yields zero results.

If you got 0 results, then your not doing it right. You should have gotten at the very least all of the previous responses to this very thread.

We need Raid Groups

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Perhaps you should retract that statement

There was an in game Q&A with snowcrash

Q:) Will we ever be able to go to Cantha?
(A:) (Paraphrasing) Cantha is definitely not cut from the game, you will just have to wait and see.
(Q:) Will we be getting more dungeons?
(A:) We will be continuing to work on our dungeons.
(Q:) (Follow-up) Old ones…or new ones?
(A:) Both!
(Q:) Will we ever see anything like raiding?
(A:) Our answer to raiding may very well be in the works!
(Q:) Is there anything being done to get people to want to spend time in their respective capital cities?
(A:) Yes.
(Q:) How is the LFG coming along?
(A:) Coming along great. We’re sorry for not putting it in sooner, but there aren’t enough hours in the day.
(Q:) (In whisper) Can you say anything at all about raid style content?
(A:) It is something I am very excited about and will be unique to GW2
(Cap of the exchange from above.) http://i.imgur.com/ExzO5dg.jpg
(Q:) What are your day to day duties?
(A:) (Too long, but, here is a cap of the answer:) http://i.imgur.com/WrOaCRb.jpg
(Snowcrash saying he was lead producer:) http://i.imgur.com/Sj45hX0.jpg

And just which statement would that be? If your referring to “Our answer to raiding may very well be in the works!”, that is not saying raiding is being worked on. It says their answer to raiding, which may be nothing more then fractals for more players, and he did not even say it was being worked on, he said it “may” be in the works. Just about as vague as you can get.

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

You want raid groups. There’s a difference between “want” and “need”.

We need Raid Groups

ShiningSquirrel.3751

You want raid groups. There’s a difference between “want” and “need”.

Good point, the last time there was a “need” thread, it actually got renamed to “want” pretty quickly.

We need Raid Groups

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Regarding the words of Snowcrash, so far we have no news on that. As soon as we know something, be sure we will inform the community.

Thanks for your understanding.
As the question is answered, we are closing this thread.