We need a general chat in this game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RockerGurl.9437

RockerGurl.9437

Hello, I really think there should be a general chat group in this game, I like chatting while I play the game and I find it adds interest to the game, but when the group of people you are talking to changes every time you go to a different area it is hard to have any type of sustained chatting going on.

I also find having a general chat leads to meeting people you get along with and may start playing the game with on a regular basis…I get that there is a LFG channel, but I find that is more a “come do this and then go your separate ways” kinda thing instead of a meet a potential GW2 friend to play with regularly.

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

As long as it has it’s own tab like the others I don’t see why not. That way people who want to chat game-wide can, and it’s still in a tab that I can ignore like map chat.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

That could work though that only applies to individual servers, I would think. Plus, I see the general chat as being the equivalent of WoW’s tradechat (I can be wrong on this) in which it’s just going to be a spot for trolls to just spew out random stuff.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: RockerGurl.9437

RockerGurl.9437

I was thinking like Marvel Heroes social chat…ya there is going to be some trolls, there is no way around that, but they usually only have a small impact on the chat in other games I’ve played.

Also, ya Bilbo, having its own tab would be something I would expect…no one who doesn’t want to be in a global chat group should have to be

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Join a guild or buy a commander tag, ask players to join your squad or for small group, invite them to party and you can chat anywhere you zone in

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server