We need a more impacting environment

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

we like the fact that it rains, theres day/night and snow…..but i wana see a little bit more, like a desert storm :o…..or an occasional blizzard in the heavy snow areas (same thing as the rain). i know there are areas of heavy snow n stuff, but a little more impact wouldnt hurt….and maybe a giant ruin in the middle of the dessert….stuff like that. how awesome would it be to be walking through a desert where its hard to see far away and all of a sudden you run into some tall tower…

Adry.7512

obviously u KNO its there cause map….but the impact it leaves in u is very satisfying.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I like Adry suggestion.We have sandstorm in dry top though.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Every game I play with this type of thing it is always raining. I really can’t understand the joy of that. I get enough rain in the real world.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Every game I play with this type of thing it is always raining. I really can’t understand the joy of that. I get enough rain in the real world.

Yeah .. raining and grey in grey all the time. Mostly its just depressing and gives me a headache after a while.

And snowstorms where you can’t see mobs 5 feet away .. no thanks .. really hated that in LotRO.

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

And snowstorms where you can’t see mobs 5 feet away .. no thanks .. really hated that in LotRO.

That actually looks pretty awesome.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

That actually looks pretty awesome.

Was nearly like playing with turned off monitor .. only that the starring at the monitor in hope to see something gave me a headache really fast.

So .. no thanks .. i really don’t want effects that just make me sick.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Adry.7512

no guys i didnt mean for enemies. i would enjoy being able to see enemies, plus we always have the option of pressing CTRL to see everything. also it wouldnt be for many places….just some, the point of it is to feel like one is in a really inspiring environment. that is all.

Posted by: Raykon.7908

Raykon.7908

I saw another post like this recently.

I like the day/night and weather cycles, but i too wish they were more impactful, or taken to further extremes.

I really like those jumping puzzles that are so dark that you have to use torches or skill effects to see, but there aren’t very many of them. I think it would be cool to make the game world like this during the night cycles. During the night we would need to use light sources for navigation, but night itself could also trigger new events, or more terrifying creatures could roam the lands.

Of course, not everyone has access to light emitting weapons or wants to spam skills all the time, so we would need togglable lanterns or something.

I think it would make the game far more fun for those who like exploring, and give a good excuse to implement some new events accross the entire game.