We need account wide inventory slot(s)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Esoteric.4395

Esoteric.4395

With the new update introducing account bound ascended and Legendary items, I think the need for an account wide inventory slot is sorely needed. For example, it will be separate from the normal inventory slots, and any item you put inside it will be shared across all accounts (kind of like a bank slot, but accessible anywhere). Why do we need it? When I need to swap toons for fractals, I have to transfer my items, and the bank runs really wastes time. Valuable time that I can use to carry my team. Of course, this shouldn’t be free, but I think it should start out at 3 slots, and cost an additional 300 gems for each 3 slots. This way, bank expansions will still be worth more.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

You do realize that there is a banker golem you can get that allows you to access your bank from anywhere?

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

You do realize that there is a banker golem you can get that allows you to access your bank from anywhere?

Sure, but account wide inventory would be much more convenient.

Esoteric.4395

Banker golem only lasts 2 weeks, I want a sort of permanent solution lol…

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I’ve seen it suggested several times and generally like the idea of having it as a gemstore item (to account for the rentable golem). I have it listed as a 34. A magical bag shared by all characters (may be a gemstore item not to conflict with bank golem). feature in this desired feature list

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I thought that was what the bank was for? Waypoint to a bank. Drop the armor off in the bank. Switch characters. Grab the armor. Done.

I can see the desire for bags to contain the items that are account bound and it’s a pure convenience request however as it is not something that you would do extremely frequently.

Convenience improvements are great items for the gem store. There bank access Gem Store items for that.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

What if we just get a account wide use for equipment. Like the way its set up now it would seem possible.

Atleast that would mean we can store those 20.000 Ascended rings somewhere.

Lishtenbird.2814

I thought that was what the bank was for? Waypoint to a bank. Drop the armor off in the bank. Switch characters. Grab the armor. Done.

Go out. Dig some earth. Plant potatoes. Wait. Gather. Fry. Done.

Yeah, it works, but it’s not convenient Neither is the golem convenient as you need two of those for the task, plus spare bank space.

Esoteric.4395

The instant bank access is a joke, one use is like 5g lol, and you would need 2 for what I’m trying to accomplish.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

well you have permanent bank license. permanent solution.

just not a cheap one.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

My bad on not including the 2 week timer comment……but I still fail to see how going to your bank is such an incredible time waster. /shrug

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: skoezi.9472

skoezi.9472

that would’t definitly be easier, but i think it would’t be to easy.
So i don’t think they will do it.

But a few days ago i saw something that would’t realy be better.
Your inventory bags, as you buy new ones from the geme store you get them only on the char that you are logged in as you buy it.
so maybe make that account bount, would’t be much better.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I can see the desire for bags to contain the items that are account bound and it’s a pure convenience request however as it is not something that you would do extremely frequently.

Several times a day doesn’t count as extremely frequently? I would put my infinite gathering tools and salvage golem in that bag, things I otherwise need to waste time swapping around every time I feel like playing a different character for a bit.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

What about compact bank. And search option in bank.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

My bad on not including the 2 week timer comment……but I still fail to see how going to your bank is such an incredible time waster. /shrug

For gear it isn’t a problem, but imagine this situation.
I have 8 lvl 80, most of them are parked in Frostgorge to farm ori/anc nodes, lets say I have an infinite mining tool, so I would need to:
1 – Login (loading screen) and get tool in my bank
2 – Go to Frostgorge (loading screen) gather nodes
3 – Go back to a bank (loading screen) to deposit tools
Repeat 1~3 6 more times, with an account slot in the inventory I could just put the tools there and save about 18 loading screens and WP fees.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Considering the cost of Permanent Golem Bankers, I think something like this would probably cost a pretty penny (shiny Gem?).

It may just save too much time.

It would be lovely to have something like that, and you, basically, already have access to something like that, but I am not sure we would see the Account-wide bag, anytime soon.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

With the new update introducing account bound ascended and Legendary items, I think the need for an account wide inventory slot is sorely needed. For example, it will be separate from the normal inventory slots, and any item you put inside it will be shared across all accounts (kind of like a bank slot, but accessible anywhere). Why do we need it? When I need to swap toons for fractals, I have to transfer my items, and the bank runs really wastes time. Valuable time that I can use to carry my team. Of course, this shouldn’t be free, but I think it should start out at 3 slots, and cost an additional 300 gems for each 3 slots. This way, bank expansions will still be worth more.

I have been asking for this for years. All I want is a 6 slot common inventory strip.
Other games solve this by being abke to email yourself, but the common slots are an improvement.

Also there games like Star Trek Online (a free to play MMORPG) has a free perment banker you can call anytime.

(edited by Angelica Dream.7103)

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I have been asking for this for years. All I want is a 6 slot common inventory strip.
Other games solve this by being able to email yourself, but the common slots are an improvement.

Also there games like Star Trek Online (a free to play MMORPG) has a free perment banker you can call anytime.

Posted by: Iluth.6875

Iluth.6875

I bet people with one character would love this. Roll a bunch of level 1 toons, give them all bags, and have tons of extra storage space with no hassle involved.

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

Isn’t there a bank that allows all your characters to deposit and withdraw items from? I think they also have crafting stations that allow you to do this exact thing spread out across Tyria? So you want 2 banks? One bank where you deposit items in your other bank? I don’t entirely understand this post? It doesn’t take that much time to go from one place to a bank. And you should have room to have 5? bags of 20 slots. Thats a lot of space.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

It would also be useful for holding the kite, balloon, dance book, and other things that you would like to use but sit in your bank because it is too inconvenient to swap from character to character.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’ve seen it suggested several times and generally like the idea of having it as a gemstore item (to account for the rentable golem). I have it listed as a 34. A magical bag shared by all characters (may be a gemstore item not to conflict with bank golem). feature in this desired feature list

That would be so beautiful. Hopefully it’d add one more bag slot to put it in too. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Lishtenbird.2814

That would be so beautiful. Hopefully it’d add one more bag slot to put it in too. :o

I doubt it But such a bag will effectively reduce carrying capacity for all the alts you use it on, so it will also encourage people to buy more bag slot unlocks per each character. So for ANet, it’s a win-win.

On the other hand, having it as a separate account-wide unlockable slot shared by all alts would make coding things simpler – like, you wouldn’t need to imitate the “self-replication” function of the initial bag so that you can put it on an alt.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Teleport to WvW and use the bank.

Lishtenbird.2814

Teleport to WvW and use the bank.

If you need a headache pill, get a taxi to the nearest drugstore. Why would you need a med kit at home?

Even using an SSD I consider loading screens highly annoying.

Seriously, I don’t get it why people are so stubborn in suggesting incovenient things when others are ready to pay for a convenient thing.

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

Just one added bag slot for an accountwide bag would be a great convienience (make it able to hold a 20 slot bag please). Especially fot the really expensive accountbound items.
But donĀ“t make all of them accountwide.
I have upgraded all bag slots on every single toon and got a few extra character slots, that would be a hell of a scroll to find something in that new mess.

As for the just hop into wvw and use the bank there, i am doing that all the time but there are some servers that have 24/7 waiting queues on all maps.