We need an NPC in LA that sells obsidian shards/ports us to Arah

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mythazor.4570

Mythazor.4570

Seriously.

Cursed Shore and all the temple events have been broken since release. 2 months later and most people still can’t do Arah. Free server transfers helped to solve this, but now that it’s getting changed to once a week something really needs to be done. I’m lucky enough to have some friends on other servers so I can actually do Arah, but I doubt many other people can say the same.

So yeah, we need an NPC in LA or somewhere else that can teleport us into Arah and that sells obsidian shards (for the usual price, obviously) until Orr gets fixed.

What do you guys think?

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

I’d personally just prefer a fix to the broken content, but I would consent to this if that isn’t possible in the near future.

Mythazor.4570

I’d personally just prefer a fix to the broken content, but I would consent to this if that isn’t possible in the near future.

Of course, but it’s taking too long to fix.

I don’t even mind the bugs (wouldn’t expect anything else from a game that just came out), but one entire dungeon is inaccessible to most people, and other people are unable to finish/work towards their legendary.

Posted by: vince.5937

vince.5937

I’d love a karma vendor that sells that stuff.

vince.5937 — Tarnished Coast — Les Saintes
R.I.P. City of Heroes, 2004-2012
Long Live Atlas Park 33

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Well just like they disabled grubb’n til they fix it… Can’t they disable the event and just keep the gates open (and vendor available) until fixed?

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

@Bruno:

Yes, they can. The event chain that opens the haunted doors in Queensdale bugged on Tarnished Coast the other night. Tony Ordon (game designer/dev) came out and force-opened them (since I’m assuming they decided it would take long enough to fix to warrant it for a limited time event like halloween).

Clearly, they have the ability. Whether or not they have the desire is the question.

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

No freebies.

Just bug fixes.

Posted by: Datek.5302

Datek.5302

I agree. Orr needs a complete do-over but in the mean time, the dungeon and the karma vendors need to be available. The mechanics in place now are a total failure, and need to be removed. Maybe they can work something based on that design that actually works in the future.

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

That guy in LA that sells stones to get to the hall of monuments, he should sell all that stuff that due to temporary bugs you can’t get right now. Just say he’s smuggled some in, get them now while stocks last. When Arenanet fix the bugs, well he can’t get those anymore, his supplier got eaten by a dragon.

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

That guy in LA that sells stones to get to the hall of monuments, he should sell all that stuff that due to temporary bugs you can’t get right now. Just say he’s smuggled some in, get them now while stocks last. When Arenanet fix the bugs, well he can’t get those anymore, his supplier got eaten by a dragon.

This is a great suggestion +1 support

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I generally hate the way instead of fixing a bug they kludge in something to compensate.

This one, however, sorta like free server transfers til they can manage guesting, makes sense.

But, just like free server transfers, it’s sure to have unintended side-effects (such as softening the market for regular exotics).

Mythazor.4570

Arah is bugged on almost ALL EU servers now.

(edited by Mythazor.4570)