We need futuristic armor/weapon skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

We need futuristic armor/weapon skins.
The current medieval fantasy style is cool but limiting.

We need high-technological futuristic armors and weapons so we can create characters that look like those in apple-seed or the ghost Nova/kerrigan from Starcraft.

Please consider giving us these futuristic styles!

Something like this:

http://es.starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Nova_Terra

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

Have you seen the Magitech armors? There are also a few pistols and rifles that look futuristic. There are some futuristic looking skins (albeit very few).

Posted by: Scipion.7548

Scipion.7548

No. We are in a fantasy game, not a sci fi one. Asura armors are enough fururistics.

What we need more is on contrary less flashy and stupid, more realistic, armors.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

magitech armor and aetherblade wweapons??

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

What we need is more plain but classy armours from Kryta and Ascalon; more furred, leathered, feathered, chained armours from the Shiverpeaks; and more hand grown and golem-manufactured armours from the Maguuma Jungle.

We aren’t going to get any of them but you can only dream, yeah?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Ok, looked at the image. Yah, ok, admit it, you just want more skins that show off a characters bouncy backside.

Not that I think that is a bad thing..

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

We need high-technological futuristic armors and weapons so we can create characters that look like those in apple-seed or the ghost Nova/kerrigan from Starcraft.

boggles Umm, in case you did not notice this is not starcraft. Not even the same genre.

If that is your top priority play an Asura. They are about the closest you can get to being in SF looking without breaking everything. I also saw a suggestion on reddit in another thread to use mystic chromatic ooze on outfits for a shiny look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4f656s/gallery_all_outfits_made_super_shiny_with_mystic/

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

While this should stay a fantasy game no matter what the technology becomes because it’s kitten magic (think FFXII with large airships and teleporting crystals and people still think Victorian architecture is da bomb), it actually makes sense lorewise that there should be more sci-fi crap hanging around, if only because the Fractals of the Mists can actually lead to fractals far in the future (which we have seen none of unless Swampland is a very bleak future), and someone should already have brought alien stuff back with them from there.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Yeah we can get armor from the future or form some aliens,more armor option is always better

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I’d love some more Asura themed EVERYTHING.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

We need futuristic armor/weapon skins.
The current medieval fantasy style is cool but limiting.

Please consider giving us these futuristic styles!

Something like this:

http://es.starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Nova_Terra

(Considers picture)

I wonder how Lord Faren would look in that outfit……

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

What we need is more plain but classy armours from Kryta and Ascalon; more furred, leathered, feathered, chained armours from the Shiverpeaks; and more hand grown and golem-manufactured armours from the Maguuma Jungle.

We aren’t going to get any of them but you can only dream, yeah?

… Most ascalonian armor is thick and heavy with gratuitous spikes, and carrying a heavy metal/industrial theme with it. I wouldn’t mind seeing steam-assisted armor of Ascalonian design, though. That would be cool. As long as it properly fits the ones who make it (And doesn’t forget that most ascalonian citizens have horns and tails)

That said – I do want armor that comes with glowing blue/green/yellow/orange areas to match my Super Adventure weapons.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

We have scientific and plasma weaps, even the SAB weaps can be considered “futuristic”

Armor-wise, there are limited options, aetherblade being among them. The CoE armor is pretty futuristic as well.

Granted not many skin tight armors to show off your assets

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Ok, looked at the image. Yah, ok, admit it, you just want more skins that show off a characters bouncy backside.

Well, it’d fix the buttcape issue. As long as male version doesn’t get stuck with it. -.-

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Rivindor.7258

Rivindor.7258

I disagree. Asuran technology is already very futuristic. Some of the rifle skins are already very futuristic. If we go too far and have space marines running around the game would be trying too hard to fit into every era. All immersion would be destroyed and we’d wonder why there are savages running around with swords while space commandos with railgun laser rifles looking like they stepped out of quake show up

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I agree that we need more options. I would definitely enjoy it, and when you have to consider Asuran technology as well as weapons such as HOPE, it’s a welcomed addition. People seem to think that because this game isn’t StarCraft all of the gear should look like it came out of a medieval game.

Anyway, I’ll post a pic of the best combo I’ve found for my thief that’s somewhat futuristic. I went after this look to match HOPE. The chest and legs are Strider’s armor, with the rest of the pieces being a mixture of Aetherblade and Magitech armor, with the living season 1 heirloom vendor gas mask for my helmet.

Attachments:

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

During the beta weekends I made a “Beta Data”. Yeah there are Sci-Fi armors available but I’d never say no to more of them.

Also this game already has laser cannons, computer consoles, various gizmo-gadgetry. I really don’t see why not.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I want a holographic armor for my Asura engie.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Well, it’d fix the buttcape issue. As long as male version doesn’t get stuck with it. -.-

Doesn’t get stuck with what? Male armors need to be less puritanical!

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

All immersion would be destroyed

But wearing bunny ears, cute beanies, a chef’s outfit into battle and having minis of humans following players doesn’t do that?

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Doesn’t get stuck with what? Male armors need to be less puritanical!

The buttcape, because a lot of armor looks completely different on both genders, shafting the males. Like with the Kryta Armor which has no buttcape or coat on female but is a giant suffocating coat on males. It depresses me.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Yet most examples depends on Strider, Magitech and Aetherblade pieces to work…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks