We need more gear tiers

We need more gear tiers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

So, Ive just built a Mjolnir, which on Charged Lodestones only costs almost 600g, way more than the cost of an Ascended, but still its stats are equal to exotic. I think I deserve better stats than Ascended weapons for my effort.

So, I was thinking that we could upgrade those rare weapons (like Mjolnir) stats to a new tier superior than Ascended. And then, Legendaries would be yet another tier, superior than Mjolnir.

Its very unfair that people who dont wanna make the effort to get a Mjolnir, or an Eye of Rodgort, Volcannus, etc have the same stats as we do.

Have fun.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Yes, i agree! It’s just unfair and arena must look into this issue. I suggest to add new legendary tier(like divine with black and fiery stroke name effect) and to get one of those ppl will need to forge all available legendaries together.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I made a topic like this for the Volcanus and it fell on deaf ears. I agree with you 100% but since the amount of people that this impacts is so small no one will care besides the people who have them. I ended up having to reskin my sword with the ascended one that I made.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

blink More tiers? No, please.

However, I think those should be upgraded to Ascended.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Honestly, if we’re going to add a new tier, let’s add it DOWNwards. You know, broken gear which is richer in basic salvage material (like cloth bits) but sells like crap.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

Is this a troll thread?
You paid 600g for the aesthetics, if you wanted to pay for ascended stats, make an ascended weapon.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

It’s not about stats, it’s about looking pretty and having bragging rights. The cost of Mjolnir or Eye of Rodgort or Volcannus, or even the legendaries is driven by the market demand, especially of the raw materials, not necessarily what the finished items are. Charged lodestones are needed for several legendaries which, in part, is why the cost is so high and as result Mjolnir is so expensive. An item requiring an equal amount of glacial lodestones is equally rare by category, but at under 12s per lodestone, they’re vastly cheaper due to demand. By your definition more expensive should mean more powerful, which is not the case. …nor should it be the case.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“only 600g”

How about next time you have that much gold, you just mail it to me instead. I’ll put it to good use…

“need another gear tier”

Have you seen the uproar over ascended? No thanks, no more tiers!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

So…we need more gear tiers why? What purpose would it add?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

We need more gear tiers

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It should be said before people explode too much:

This is a tongue in cheek thread. Don’t take it too seriously.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

This is making me think about starting a new guild. Tears For Tiers.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

if you need more skins: ok, ask for what you want.

about future new BiS, i think that anet would face with a massive ragequitting of all the casuals they lured in by advertising “no treadmill”.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Hmm… a thread about gear tears.

#TeamJadeQuarry

We need more gear tiers

Bagel.4598

about future new BiS, i think that anet would face with a massive ragequitting of all the casuals they lured in by advertising “no treadmill”.

Already happened.

We need more gear tiers

VOLKON.1290

Already happened.

Anyone foolish enough to quit over a treadmill that doesn’t exist… well, I haven’t missed any of ’em.

#TeamJadeQuarry

We need more gear tiers

Bagel.4598

Already happened.

Anyone foolish enough to quit over a treadmill that doesn’t exist… well, I haven’t missed any of ’em.

If you don’t think there’s a gear treadmill then you’re part of the problem.

We need more gear tiers

VOLKON.1290

Already happened.

Where is it then? Where’s the next level of content requiring the next tier of gear forcing me to dispose of and replace my current existing tier?

The problem is actually with people that have no idea what a gear treadmill is, or even worse do know what it is but choose to use the term incorrectly in order to evoke an emotional response.

#TeamJadeQuarry

We need more gear tiers

Bagel.4598

Already happened.

Where is it then? Where’s the next level of content requiring the next tier of gear forcing me to dispose of and replace my current existing tier?

The problem is actually with people that have no idea what a gear treadmill is, or even worse do know what it is but choose to use the term incorrectly in order to evoke an emotional response.

When you input gear that is a grind to acquire that has a greater statistical value than the current you create a treadmill.
Anyone who says “you don’t need it” are the same bland boss runners who will always be just that.
Just because you’re ok with something doesn’t make it ok for everyone.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I worry threads like this might actually convince anet that more gear tiers are needed when in fact it is largely hated by a lot of ppl.

We need more gear tiers

VOLKON.1290

Already happened.

When you input gear that is a grind to acquire that has a greater statistical value than the current you create a treadmill.
Anyone who says “you don’t need it” are the same bland boss runners who will always be just that.

The treadmill is the constant cycle of replacement that earlier raid based games used to keep players hooked.

Here’s the funny part… if they had released ascended gear exactly as it is now on release and never added a higher tier there wouldn’t be a single fallacious complaint about a treadmill.

#TeamJadeQuarry

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have an Eye of Rodgort and I am building a Vision of the Mists now.
I did it because it suits my character perfectly.

I absolutely do not want any more gear tiers, I won’t be getting any Ascended either.
I will however keep on making MF skins if it suits my characters

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I did this crazy thing with my Foefire’s Essence. I transmuted it with my ascended great sword and now its ascended. O_o amazing..

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

We need more gear tiers

Bagel.4598

Already happened.

The treadmill is the constant cycle of replacement that earlier raid based games used to keep players hooked.

Here’s the funny part… if they had released ascended gear exactly as it is now on release and never added a higher tier there wouldn’t be a single fallacious complaint about a treadmill.

And you know why that is? Because at release their philosophy was there wasn’t to be a gear grind and that exotics were the highest stat you could obtain.
Isn’t it funny how when you go back on your word there’s a whole kitten storm of backfire?
They did it once, they’ll do it again. That’s their thing.

We need more gear tiers

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Already happened.

And you know why that is? Because at release their philosophy was there wasn’t to be a gear grind and that exotics were the highest stat you could obtain.
Isn’t it funny how when you go back on your word there’s a whole kitten storm of backfire?

They gave the player base what the majority was asking for. What good businessman in his right mind doesn’t cater to his customer?

We, maybe not you or I, screamed for more gear tiers. Exotics were too “laughably easy” to obtain. It wasn’t good enough for the majority of the player base, which had been condition to believe that the only endgame was gear chasing and bigger numbers. So Anet gave us what we asked for. I remember thread after thread screaming for more tiers, and I remember arguing heatedly against it, but “costmetics” aren’t good enough for most MMO players. Its not the proper carrot to grind.

I cannot, in good conscience, fault them for simply trying to have the good business sense of giving the customer what they asked for. I’m not happy about it, but I am also not the majority either.

We need more gear tiers

Bagel.4598

Already happened.

They gave the player base what the majority was asking for. What good businessman in his right mind doesn’t cater to his customer?

We, maybe not you or I, screamed for more gear tiers. Exotics were too “laughably easy” to obtain. It wasn’t good enough for the majority of the player base, which had been condition to believe that the only endgame was gear chasing and bigger numbers. So Anet gave us what we asked for. I remember thread after thread screaming for more tiers, and I remember arguing heatedly against it, but “costmetics” aren’t good enough for most MMO players. Its not the proper carrot to grind.

I cannot, in good conscience, fault them for simply trying to have the good business sense of giving the customer what they asked for. I’m not happy about it, but I am also not the majority either.

How can you claim the vast majority wanted it when these forums have been full of complaints about it?
How can you claim Anet delivers on what the player base wants after the Fractured update, leaderboards, poorer rewards?
This game was sold on a no gear grind policy and it was over run when new team leaders came in.
Good business sense would be to release expansions not half kitten ’d LS content implemented for the sole purpose of justifying random gem store items.
There is a reason player numbers have dropped.

(edited by Bagel.4598)

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’d see ANet adding new gear tiers in future, when they come in torgether with new functions that give the tier a reason to exist.

I could see for example the implementation of “Epic” Weapons, that could come with the convenient function of changeable max type upgrade sigils, like legendaries can change outside of battles at any given time, epic weapons could give the game the function of beign able to change outside of battles the sigils.

Epic Weapons could be same as powerful like Ascended/Legendary Weapons, but could be for example very special and rare drops, that you could receive only as rewards from world bosses, dungeon bosses or from mystic forge, by throwing an ascended weapon into the mystic forge together with some other items.

Legendary Weapons could get automatically upgraded with that feature, so that they functionally stay the ultimate best weapons of all. Thats something that I could see becomine a new legit tier of equipment, which could work for armors ect. in regard of runes to enable players theire much easier access to rune sets, lettign runes and sigils become unlockable accountbound upgrades, that once owned, can be used always again and don’t need to permanently be bought ect.

Another legit new tier of equipment I could think off are “Sagacious” items.
Sagacious items could just be a higher tier above legendary items, with the function to add to the player also other passive visual effects, like a permanent “swiftness boon” visual effect, that makes your character look, like running faster than others or a permanent “Aegis visual effect” so that the shield visual is always seeable, even if you have not aegis active at the moment.

But these kind of items could add also other passive visual efects to the play,er like Auras… think of the wind catcher wind effect? using a special wind themed sagacious weapon for example could give your character that wind aura of the wind catcher back item, without having to wear that back item.

So in regard of adding new features into the game, ways are basically open for more equipment tiers and as long these new tiers wouldn’t be more powerful in regard of stats, everythign would be fine.

Adding new functions that make the game more convenient for the player or add just cosmetical effects, is absolutely ok, because such features make such equipment purely optional for the player.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Hawkeye.2903

Hawkeye.2903

I think this is a good topic, and yes I think a gear treadmill or grind is bad (from old MMO’s), but it is only bad when the gear contains no value or incentive. And that is the problem currently with the gear system, it holds no value, and certainly no incentive.

I am willing to go through hell and then some if I can obtain something that is a reward for my work, Ascended surely isn’t, Exotic isn’t either, because Exotic isn’t even exotic or rare to find. Why call it Rare or Exotic if it isn’t, why did they make it “easy mode” on that stuff? High gear should be hard as hell to obtain, and it should have a respectable reward in statistics for doing so, make the player want to work hard for something. Yes forcing crafting or making things take months to accomplish is quite ridiculous, but having hard content to achieve it is not, in fact that is fun.

Yes I UNDERSTAND that the Anet/Guild Wars ideology was to not have gear be a central aspect to completing content, but if you have 5 tiers of gear with all of them so close in stats, and I don’t need it for content, then why should I do extra work to get the better stuff? I care a little about what I look like, but it isn’t the end all be all. If that is the case make all gear just one tier and just add stats to them. The problem is not that there are too many tiers or not enough, it is the stats / tier difference and the low value of gear at any level which is hurting the game. (my opinion of course)

Players always want more to do, players will work hard for a reward, grinding mindlessly or forced crafting for useless gear does not accomplish that, working towards an achievable goal for a respectable reward with incentive for being able to do more content, I think would go a long way to having players satisfied with their progress.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I did this crazy thing with my Foefire’s Essence. I transmuted it with my ascended great sword and now its ascended. O_o amazing..

But now everybody thinks that you are some noob who have exotic GS.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

More tiers… Hell no!

We’re trying with the CDI to go horizontal, forget asking for vertical progression…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

We need more gear tiers

VOLKON.1290

Yes I UNDERSTAND that the Anet/Guild Wars ideology was to not have gear be a central aspect to completing content, but if you have 5 tiers of gear with all of them so close in stats, and I don’t need it for content, then why should I do extra work to get the better stuff?

Because you want to and have the option available to do so if you wish, that’s all. People that enjoy putting in the time and effort with the gear as the goal will do so. Others that want the gear may wind up purchasing much of the materials and getting it more quickly. You have more options.

#TeamJadeQuarry

We need more gear tiers

LanfearShadowflame.3189

How can you claim the vast majority wanted it when these forums have been full of complaints about it?

Did you miss all the threads about more gear grind or people leave shortly after launch? The main kitten about ascended right now is because it’s crafted and account bound. Yes, plenty of people still complain that we have it, period, but the loudest complaints have been due to acquisition not that it exists. (Please note that I’m not saying that there haven’t been plenty complaints about its existence)

How can you claim Anet delivers on what the player base wants after the Fractured update, leaderboards, poorer rewards?

I never said all of their decisions were the best or brightest. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to do the Thermenova Reactor story while fractured was available, but I have enjoyed the Aetherblade and Molten Alliance fractals that were added since then.

They are still working on revamping rewards. We’ve been told this, they aren’t done with it yet. I’m still waiting for DE reward revamps. I’m willing to give them time. Development isn’t done with a magic wand, and depending on their code and what their revamp entails it could be quite a bit of work.

Leaderboards…….. hahahahahahahahahahahaha clears throat hahahhahahahahaahahaha sorry, couldn’t help it.

This game was sold on a no gear grind policy and it was over run when new team leaders came in.

Business plans change. Nothing ever goes according to plan honestly, and they have to adjust to what their player base wants not just what they want to do. Additionally, they have to answer to a higher power. It’s a business, they have to make a profit, which sometimes require they do things they may not necessarily want to.

Good business sense would be to release expansions not half kitten ’d LS content implemented for the sole purpose of justifying random gem store items.

Living Story was something we were aware was going to happen before launch. Some of us like it. Also, its not their choice when to release an expansion, that is something that is dictated to them.

There is a reason player numbers have dropped.

Dropped and gained. Dropped and gained again. And again. And likely to happen repeatedly for the lifetime of the game. The same as every other MMO on the market. You make it sound like it’s some unheard of thing. Not every game is for every person. Not every decision is going to jibe with every player. Some will stay, some will go. Just how it works.

We are not the developers. We cannot see the information that they see. We can make assumptions, we can spout conjecture, but at the end of the day the only people that know are the ones that work at Anet.

We need more gear tiers

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Funny enough I wonder that lol. But after I saw that god awful ascended armor, I quickly lost the allure of ascended items and transmuted all my ascended weps. My ascended armor too is being transmuted to my exotic armor.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

I’m on the precipice already. Add another tier higher than Ascended/Legendary and this game will be uninstalled as soon as Asuranly possible.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Funny enough I wonder that lol. But after I saw that god awful ascended armor, I quickly lost the allure of ascended items and transmuted all my ascended weps. My ascended armor too is being transmuted to my exotic armor.

If i make ascended armor my fat norn will look like old elvis who is wearing ten size too small spandex, but i endure it so everybody can see that i have made ascended armor.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

We need more gear tiers

Cat Has Ducks.1982

If i make ascended armor my fat norn will look like old elvis who is wearing ten size too small spandex, but i endure it so everybody can see that i have made ascended armor.

Do not do it lol. I was roaming with a buddy when I saw a commander guard norn wearing full ascended…. We laughed so hard…. Its bad, real bad.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I have Mjolnir, Infinite Light, and Immobulus. Guess what I did with them? Transmuted them to ascend.

If you had 600g to craft Mjolnir, I think you’ll be fine crafting an ascend weapon to transmute it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

I have Mjolnir, Infinite Light, and Immobulus. Guess what I did with them? Transmuted them to ascend.

If you had 600g to craft Mjolnir, I think you’ll be fine crafting an ascend weapon to transmute it.

But thats not the problem. The thing is I gotta be rewarded for my effort, so I should be stronger than someone who can only get an easy to acquire ascended weapon.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So, Ive just built a Mjolnir, which on Charged Lodestones only costs almost 600g, way more than the cost of an Ascended, but still its stats are equal to exotic. I think I deserve better stats than Ascended weapons for my effort.

So, I was thinking that we could upgrade those rare weapons (like Mjolnir) stats to a new tier superior than Ascended. And then, Legendaries would be yet another tier, superior than Mjolnir.

Its very unfair that people who dont wanna make the effort to get a Mjolnir, or an Eye of Rodgort, Volcannus, etc have the same stats as we do.

Have fun.

So what your saying is, you spent 600g and our sorry you did. Now you want a “free” boost in weapon stats.

How about no. I had to spend time and gold to make my acended weapons. At most it should be brought in line to acended weapons at MOST. Or simply, buy a trans crystal so you get the stats you want. You had 600g you can afford it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Just say NO to carrot chasing!

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

But thats not the problem. The thing is I gotta be rewarded for my effort, so I should be stronger than someone who can only get an easy to acquire ascended weapon.

You are rewarded, except it’s with a rare skin instead of higher stats.

Also, why should you be stronger?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

We need more gear tiers

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well, I don’t mind a good carrot chase… but I prefer them to be reasonable, and there are much better options than climbing stats in my opinion. We all need things to work towards…

We need more gear tiers

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well, I don’t mind a good carrot chase… but I prefer them to be reasonable, and there are much better options than climbing stats in my opinion. We all need things to work towards…

Yes, like the carrot being Scarlet and the goal line being the Ring of Fire where we can pitch her in with no escape.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Have fun.

600g is peanuts, anet could add recipes to make moderately expensive items ascended at best but better than ascended? no way lol

We need more gear tiers

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yes, like the carrot being Scarlet and the goal line being the Ring of Fire where we can pitch her in with no escape.

Haha, I like that scenario. A sacrifice to Balthazar (although he probably don’t want her either)

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Enn Ooo

No

We don’t need a vertical gear treadmill. You don’t deserve higher stats because you forged a rare skin. If you want the higher stats, transmute it to an ascended weapon.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

If another tier is introduced a lot of players ( myself included) will probably leave. Enough is enough already.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Yes, more tiers! I mean, it’s not like Arenanet hasn’t been getting a kittenstorm of hate from the player base already over ascended gear, let’s make it worse!

/sarc

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Have fun.

No.
You where rewarded with the skin, that is what you crafted.
Your playing the wrong game.

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Great troll thread, or the greatest.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

We need more gear tiers

Posted by: Archaeopteryx.7409

Archaeopteryx.7409

I understand where you’re coming from in terms of paying more for what you expected was… Well, more.
I feel the same way about Legendaries, especially as they’re 4x the amount as Mjolnir, but one of ANet’s main aims was to discard any unfair methods to getting largely improved Gear, but then again, I agree with what you’re saying, but for the extras to be added onto Mjolnir wouldn’t make a Huge difference compared to the Gear 1 Tier below, so idk what ANet has planned for us this Year, but lets just hope something is applied to suit all Gear if they are going to add to Gear like Mjolnir. I did have a few ideas in mind, but I’ve scrapped them considering what you’ve said