We need mounts~!

We need mounts~!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: topgamer.3804

topgamer.3804

Q:

Why does everyone hate on mounts.
1. There freaking awesome
2. It would implement features for riding them like different Swing styles/moves
3. They could make the game more fun haveing to actually spend the time riding around the world more to find stuff not just way point there after you’ve only been there once

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

certainly makes the whole thing more appealing by starting new threads instead of using recent existing ones.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

2. It would implement features for riding them like different Swing styles/moves
3. They could make the game more fun haveing to actually spend the time riding around the world more to find stuff not just way point there after you’ve only been there once

I agree, riding is far more immersive than clicking and porting, i would say, Major Cities should have waypoints, and 1 for each map, central.

And the mounts shouldnt be that fancy, only horses and “realistic” other ones, like, Dolyak i.e.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

How many mounts can you fit between Vendrake’s WP and Krennak’s?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

We need mounts~!

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Technically, we do not need them since waypoints exist in the game.

Wanting them however, is a perspective that has been discussed repeatedly, unsuccessfully, through multiple threads over the course of this game.

PS: Please see thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Can-we-just-stop/first

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Don’t need or want mounts. Try using a mount in Dry Top – that would be funny to see.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I don’t hate mounts at all, yet feel that GW2 at this time really doesn’t require them due to the number of waypoints in any given area. It’s not like FF XIV where a player almost requires them since there is only one place within any certain map that you can travel to instantaneously. So, to me they are unnecessary at this time.
Additionally, in most games you cannot engage in combat whilst mounted.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

We need mounts~!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

People are more concerned about what ‘looks like’ (but I’m not accusing you personally) deliberate duplicate threads on the issue. There’s been about four threads on this in the last week.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

GW2 does not need mounts because:

1. It is not a WoW facsimile

2. We have waypoints placed everywhere. Mounts are useless as I can get around just as well w/o mounts. Try riding a mount in Dry Top – yeah I can see that working well.

3. There are no mounts in GW2 lore.

4. They don’t add anything to the game other than ‘Look at ME!’ people.

5. People who posts these threads do not want to actually discuss the above points.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

No thank you to mounts. How many times must this poor dead mount be beaten.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

We need mounts~!

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

No thanks. gw AINT NEVA BEEN BOUT MOUNTS AND GON START NOW
go play wow or some other game that gives you mounts if you want them.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Roll a Charr .. buy Quaggan backpack .. imagine you are the Quaggan that is riding a Charr → problem solved

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: topgamer.3804

topgamer.3804

Okay so basically all I see is that everyone hates mounts cause you guys are to lazy to ride around on them and go adventure through the terrain!!! you guys just want to WP to a god kitten way point and take the aspect of venturing the world more than once.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Like everything else in this game…

Okay so basically all I see is that everyone hates mounts cause you guys are to lazy to ride around on them and go adventure through the terrain!!! you guys just want to WP to a god kitten way point and take the aspect of venturing the world more than once.

It’s not about being lazy, the game was created so that people wouldn’t need mounts. You can walk easily from a place to another with just a speed buff, you also often need to jump or swim to get from place to another and with a mount it would be annoying.

Arenanet could make new maps giving us the options to ride something, like they did in GW1 where you had to enter a wurm to get through sands that make damage over time, similar to the sands that we have now in Dry Top.

Another fun thing would be a new wvw map with mounted combat… but except from single particular occasions, mounts would be annoying instead of useful in the rest of the world map.

(edited by Lolindir.3518)

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

1. The thing is, the players do not want realistic mounts. They want, as you put it, “freaking awesome” mounts. And that always results in mounts that look ridiculous and come out of nowhere. Next thing you know, you’ll see everyone riding kitten Harley’s in Divinity’s Reach.
  2. And that would not work because it would totally favor the people who have mounts. Unless we’re talking mounts that do not offer anything in terms of speed.
  3. What in the game is not allowing you to explore without a mount? And really, you’re thinking of riding a horse up to a god kitten Vista point that looks like it shouldn’t be reachable in the first place?

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Mount your mouse with your hand and double click the waypoint you would like to travel to. BAM! MOUNTS!

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Serac.5691

Serac.5691

GW2 does not need mounts because:

1. It is not a WoW facsimile

2. We have waypoints placed everywhere. Mounts are useless as I can get around just as well w/o mounts. Try riding a mount in Dry Top – yeah I can see that working well.

3. There are no mounts in GW2 lore.

5. People who posts these threads do not want to actually discuss the above points.

1. stupidly dismiss-able point not even worth replying to
2. we don’t ‘need’ alot of things, how much of this game is cosmetic
3. the ONLY valid reason
4. what are legendary weapons?
5. what did I just do?

(edited by Serac.5691)

We need mounts~!

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

1. No, they’re not.
2. In what context? PvP? dungeons? PvE?
3. As if people would actually do that. Their idea of “fun” would be parking their humongous mounts at strategic points in jumping puzzles making them impossible to complete; obscuring as many people as possible who have gathered together to chat (another form of trolling against RPers) amongst other things.
4. You have the broom from the gem store. There’s your mount.

You haven’t provided a single good reason for why mounts should be implemented into this game.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You haven’t provided a single good reason there why mounts should be implemented into this game.

I’m just going to give you a second to try to recognize what you did….

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

We need mounts~!

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

You haven’t provided a single good reason there why mounts should be implemented into this game.

I’m just going to give you a second to try to recognize what you did….

Bah. I meant to say functional mounts in that last sentence since I think the OP was on about mounted combat and the like.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

So, here’s an idea for mounts:
1) Make mounts craftable, 500 required. That way they become prestige in their own right.
2) As soon as you own a mount, all WP are permanently disabled for your account.
3) If you die, you respawn in your racial starting town, no exception. Your mount, however, remains where it was when you last saw it. You now have to walk back to where that was..
4) The mount is susceptible to damage and death. If it dies, you have to craft a new one.

This way, those who want mounts can get them, and they still won’t be all that frequent so they won’t be too annoying for those who don’t want mounts.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

I hope Anet makes mounts.

BUT

Like a dolyak, and maybe a horse.

AND

Dolyak moves 75% slower, has high AR, and cannot be over burdened.
Horse moves 33% faster, but reduces total inventory capacity by 80%(or “x” ammount of slots) because horses aint mules assface.

You should have to feed your mounts or they DIE, you should give them water, or they DIE, you should have to pay a monthly 3gold to a local blah blah blah in your major city because regulations.

Then we have “mounts” and the “mounties” are pacified.
And we all laugh, because it’s totally not what they wanted.

Can’t have it every which way. I vote for realistic mounts.

Oh and horse cost like a jillionz of gold, because real life.
And if enough of your horses die because you suck, or take them through hostile teritory, the stable where you purchase them BANS you and neveramountagain.jpeg

Because you are a BAD BAD owner!

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

i dont hate mounts im for them some stupid fun boys gona poke your eyes if they dont like them they dont have to have them still having them as option is cool

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Anet made a broom and a drill. There are your mounts.

Just to be on topic:

Why does everyone hate on mounts?

1.) No they are not. That is your opinion and quite frankly you havn’t put much thought into it.

2.) There are more important things that anet needs to worry about like providing content, bug fixes, clipping issues, etc. before they add MORE to their workload.

3.) Again, your opinion. It would only be more fun for you. I however, am not about to grind for movement again. I already busted my kitten in WoW to get a few drake mounts and I am not about to bust my kitten for a lore-breaking horse.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The only biggest issue I think is the potential for griefing…which is a pretty big concern. As much as I’d love to see mounts in the game, I can definitely understand why people don’t want them.

We need mounts~!

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since there are already several recent threads about mounts on the first two pages, this one is now closed.