We need new Endgame content.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

The most Players are leaving because they got everything in the game.

What we Need is a better endgame Content, a more interesting one.

What we Need is diversity from all the farm, from all the waiting to the next update..

I dont really know what exactly we can do, but i think there are many ppls with great ideas.

If anet cant fix this Problem, gw2 gets a dead game soon.

/discuss

EDIT: Mabye we can get a new rarity Level, after ascended armor. And the armor only Drops in dungeons and mabye fractals, so they get played more often. Mabye the stats are the same like ascended, but there are unique visual effects or designs.

AND: They are especially hard to get. It takes very Long, but ist not that difficult so everyone can obtain it.

(edited by Toasa.1236)

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

how about maybe…. its just a suggestion ….. take a break from the game?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Why do you keep saying “we”? I don’t think you speak for all of us.

Also, your two points under the edit are basically describing legendaries. You should work toward getting a legendary.

They have a rarity level above ascended. They are not that difficult, anyone can obtain them, but they are especially hard to get in that it takes very long. The stats are the same as ascended, but they have unique visual effects and designs.

Hope this helps.

(edited by drunkenpilot.9837)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

They are especially hard to get. It takes very Long, but ist not that difficult so everyone can obtain it.

Especially hard but not that difficult. How does that work?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

End game is like every other MMO, Raids, fractals(Dungeons in other MMO’s) and level 80 zones. Just like every other MMO out there.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Post has been clarified. Hard because it takes time. Lots of it.

Though I’d rather not see more skins and stuff tied to one specific part of the game. People enjoy different parts, some even hate specific aspects of the game. Putting more “awesome stuff” there exclusively won’t do any good in the long run. Seen it often enough, not only in this game. They do what the dislike just because they want to get something and when they’re done with it they take a break and sometimes never come back.

BrotherBelial.3094

Post has been clarified. Hard because it takes time. Lots of it.

Though I’d rather not see more skins and stuff tied to one specific part of the game. People enjoy different parts, some even hate specific aspects of the game. Putting more “awesome stuff” there exclusively won’t do any good in the long run. Seen it often enough, not only in this game. They do what the dislike just because they want to get something and when they’re done with it they take a break and sometimes never come back.

I agree with this. Putting the Legendary back packs and armor behind fractal’s/PvP and Raids was a bad idea IMO. if people want the BIS gear then then have to play game modes then might dislike, or have no interest in. I have the PvP back pack, the only reason I have it is because I like PvP way more than fractal’s(But I’d rather play unranked than ranked any day of the week.). I have no interest in Raids at all. I’ve done enough of them in other games to know how Toxic a run can turn after a wipe. I liked how with Core legendary weapons, I could play what ever I wanted and I could work towards completing one. as they where 90% gold gathering. with 10% having to do something specific. (% completely made up and no way factual.) I know this will not change anything now. But maybe for next time.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

PVE:

1. Leaderboards for Raids and fractals. (This will make PVE a bit more competitive in terms of wanting to achieve a better score for each run, against other guilds. And yes, this should be a Guild only feature to encourage people to join/ create Guilds for their selected purpose)

2. Endless mode dungeons where mobs will get harder and harder the more you progress along with leaderboards (“Taimi’s game” is perfect for this since its VR. Barely any story needs to fit in with this, besides the commander “wanting to train his/her skills against a variety of enemies for as long as possible.”) Different difficulties can be implemented via a terminal. Rewards are only rewarded after defeating a boss once each round is over.

3. An in-game encyclopedia describing all allies, enemies, monsters, npcs, places, etc all in one book players must collect. Once a player encounters something, its written down in the book. This will make more people interested in the lore as well as give them something else to do.

4. Give activity mini games a leaderboard system and new achievements to encourage more people to do them. Add a queuing system so people can play keg brawl, crab toss, and the other competitive mini games whenever they want. Give these mini games mastery points, titles, and possibly exclusive gear.

5. Give Dungeons a hard mode. This can be a great way to get more people interested in raiding, or a least help train them better in terms of skill/ gear for raiding. Leaderboards for hard mode dungeons.

WvW:

1. A WvW only legendary backpiece armor

2. More WvW only skins.

3. A proper WvW tutorial for new players

4. The return of WvW tournaments and achievements

SPvP:

1. Another map game mode that isn’t just “capture and hold” included into the map rotation.

2: A supported 2v2 or 3v3 arena

3. Better leaderboards to help highlight players who’ve out done themselves in the sPVP scene.

4. A pvp tutorial that explains spvp to new players

5. A better matchmaking system that doesn’t put new players with really good players and vice versa unless its unranked.

6. Supported Guild vs Guild in Guild halls. All this needs is a leaderboard system to high light that the Guild in the lead, is the best Guild NA or EU pvp wise.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

How will leaderboards work though? Speed =/= skill and shouldn’t really be a measurement of such.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Honestly if you played enough games you will realize that end game content=challenging/competitive content.

In every single game out there end game content comes either from competing against other players (pvp) or competing against timers (speedruns). And i mean every single game.

The end game content for GW2 was considered to be pvp/wvw since u can hop whenever you like and just keep playing. Now there is the addition of raids which a lot of people repeat 2-3 times a week for fun and experimenting. And as always there are guilds that still lowman/speedclear dungeons.

Edit: as mentioned above leaderboards would be an amazing addition. Speedclear/lowman fracs/dungeons/jp’s/raids…. anything that gives players motivation to improve and experiment.
For pvp anet needs to make some drastic changes to increase it’s playerbase, you cannot have healthy/competitive MM without a big playerbase otherwise it destroys queue times. And wvw needs some actualy rewards instead of these worthless reward tracks.

(edited by zoomborg.9462)

BrotherBelial.3094

PVE:

1. Leaderboards for Raids and fractals. (This will make PVE a bit more competitive in terms of wanting to achieve a better score for each run, against other guilds. And yes, this should be a Guild only feature to encourage people to join/ create Guilds for their selected purpose)

2. Endless mode dungeons where mobs will get harder and harder the more you progress along with leaderboards (“Taimi’s game” is perfect for this since its VR. Barely any story needs to fit in with this, besides the commander “wanting to train his/her skills against a variety of enemies for as long as possible.”) Different difficulties can be implemented via a terminal. Rewards are only rewarded after defeating a boss once each round is over.

3. An in-game encyclopedia describing all allies, enemies, monsters, npcs, places, etc all in one book players must collect. Once a player encounters something, its written down in the book. This will make more people interested in the lore as well as give them something else to do.

4. Give activity mini games a leaderboard system and new achievements to encourage more people to do them. Add a queuing system so people can play keg brawl, crab toss, and the other competitive mini games whenever they want. Give these mini games mastery points, titles, and possibly exclusive gear.

5. Give Dungeons a hard mode. This can be a great way to get more people interested in raiding, or a least help train them better in terms of skill/ gear for raiding. Leaderboards for hard mode dungeons.

WvW:

2. More WvW only skins.

SPvP:

1. Another map game mode that isn’t just “capture and hold” included into the map rotation.

3. Better leaderboards to help highlight players who’ve out done themselves in the sPVP scene.

5. A better matchmaking system that doesn’t put new players with really good players and vice versa unless its unranked.

6. Supported Guild vs Guild in Guild halls. All this needs is a leaderboard system to high light that the Guild in the lead, is the best Guild NA or EU pvp wise.

I like your ideas apart from number 4. can we stop locking points behind achievements. plenty of people do not want to grind out achievements to “progress”. filling the XP bar should be all that’s needed. I hate “adventures” and the Mini games. So I don’t want to have to do things I don’t want to do, to progress. if we have to have points, then there should be enough in the open world to max everything. if you want to get them quickly with out having to do all the needed tracks first, sure, have them lock behind some achievements, but not most of them.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

they are literally releasing new endgame content in a couple hours. hello, living story season 3?

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Living Story is by no means end game content. End game content has replayability as its principle..
Most players play living story 1-2 times to get the achievements and never do it again.

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Living Story is building up to the next expansion, aka your end game content.

BrotherBelial.3094

Living Story is by no means end game content. End game content has replayability as its principle..
Most players play living story 1-2 times to get the achievements and never do it again.

If I happen to get achievements, great, I never go out of my way to get them anymore. Unless it’s a meta one with something at the end I really want. I play through the story with all my toons, only have 4 out of 11 up to crack in the ice.

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

What we Need is diversity from all the farm, from all the waiting to the next update..

I dont really know what exactly we can do, but i think there are many ppls with great ideas.

/discuss

EDIT: Mabye we can get a new rarity Level, after ascended armor. And the armor only Drops in dungeons and mabye fractals, so they get played more often. Mabye the stats are the same like ascended, but there are unique visual effects or designs.

AND: They are especially hard to get. It takes very Long, but ist not that difficult so everyone can obtain it.

Maybe what you need to do is play less? How many hours have you put into this game? If you have over 5000 hours on it, I’m not surprised at all you have everything.

Personally I don’t have this problem at all. I’ve been playing since beta and everyday I have something new to do. I log in, do my dailies and something more like a dungeon I haven’t done or a quest I don’t have the achievements for, and that’s it for the day.

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

Open world maps have all the endgame content I want, and that’s probably the case for quite a lot of players since most 80 lvl maps are packed full 24/7.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I would prefer that all leaderboards be removed, not more added.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I actually feel like this game has a lot of content for level 80 characters, which I think is what’s meant by end-game content. (After 4 years I still can’t really get my head around that concept, I still think of the end of the game as the point where you have completed 100% of everything and have to stop playing.)

Although if you’d asked me a few days ago I’d have agreed that I was struggling to find things to do on my main character before the next story chapter came out. But that really came down to me not looking.

Short version of a long story: I started going through the achievements, looking at ones I hadn’t completed. I’m not really a big fan of achievements, I’ll do them if it fits into my natural playing, or if I especially want a reward from one, but I’m not driven to complete them just because they’re there.

But looking at the ones I hadn’t got made me realise there’s a lot of content I hadn’t really done. For example even though I’ve done the Auric Basin meta-event several times I hadn’t done all of the events involved because I tended to follow the same pattern through the map and therefore always did the same events. So I went back and actually made sure I did different ones and that lead to me discovering other stuff I hadn’t done (like mastery points I’d skipped because last time I was there I didn’t know how to reach them).

I actually went from feeling like I had nothing to do on my main character because she was all caught up on the story to wishing I had more time to fit everything else in around the story.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

/discuss

Anet just created new Endgame content: Raids.

And Anet also already broke their promise of no gear grind by introducing Ascended. No more thank you.

Finally, people leave MMOs – its going to happen. Especially if they’ve been playing a long time.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I don’t know about everyone else but I’m finding lots of things to do every night, and I don’t even PvP/WvW/Raid.

~shrugs~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Dragon.8762

PVE:

WvW:

2. More WvW only skins.

SPvP:

I like your ideas apart from number 4. can we stop locking points behind achievements. plenty of people do not want to grind out achievements to “progress”. filling the XP bar should be all that’s needed. I hate “adventures” and the Mini games. So I don’t want to have to do things I don’t want to do, to progress. if we have to have points, then there should be enough in the open world to max everything. if you want to get them quickly with out having to do all the needed tracks first, sure, have them lock behind some achievements, but not most of them.

Mini games are just that, mini games. Side objectives that are never a requirement. They already have achievements and titles, but they barely ever see any play. They are not required for anything outside of achievements and titles. I am not talking about Adventures. These mini games have been here since the start of GW2. I’ve played these mini games in the past and found them a lot of fun. Mainly because they were competitive. People don’t play them because they either don’t want too, don’t care, or don’t even know they exist.

I feel no way or the other if Anet continues to no longer support them, but it will be a shame if they continue to go to waste considering I personally find them interesting and fun.

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

I suppose some people enjoy competing, and that is great for WvW, PvP, but turning PvE into a competition would seriously compromise my enjoyment of this game. I enjoy PvE because it fosters cooperative play. If people really like to compete, why aren’t they doing the competitive game modes?

I like collections, crafting, doing metas in large squads, dungeons and fractals. We have enough problem with people being fearful of PUGS because of meeting up with your average jerk, adding competition to this would only make that vibe worse.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Ophidia Moonstone.2587, WvW is far from being a competition…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

This is why mmorpg studios like the new guys over the veterans. Veterans have played all the content and ask for more, its all new and shiny for the new guys. Usually its ads, articles and youtubers that encourage the new players to come in.

Has anyone actually seen a gw2 ad this year? or sponsored youtube vid by a popular youtuber? I never see any promotional stuff from Anet floating on the web

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Fighting is competition…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This is why mmorpg studios like the new guys over the veterans. Veterans have played all the content and ask for more, its all new and shiny for the new guys. Usually its ads, articles and youtubers that encourage the new players to come in.

Has anyone actually seen a gw2 ad this year? or sponsored youtube vid by a popular youtuber? I never see any promotional stuff from Anet floating on the web

I see adverts for GW2 all the time. With the amount of time I spend on this forum the targeted advertising algorithms obviously think it’s the perfect thing to sell me. It makes me think they need a cut-off point where they should realise the person is visiting a particular site so much they almost certainly already have their product.

As for youtube I honestly wouldn’t know who a popular youtuber is, or which videos are sponsored. I only watch videos for games when I need a walkthrough and can’t find a text one that makes sense. And then I skip to the part I need (so many of them waste time standing around chatting, very slowly, about what they are, eventually, going to show you).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I do agree the game needs more end-game content, more end-game skins to chase or things to do.
Even cool titles might be fun – players that have done a lot of the things in game right now still need something to pursue.

I was hoping the new legendary would be one – but turns out it’s a joke of a legendary. Would never make it.

That aside – I want to address all those saying “take a break” or “play less”.
It is NOT in Anets interest for highly invest players to play less or take a break – it is in Anet’s and the game’s interest that we keep playing and play a lot – and enjoy ourselves while we’re at it.

The “veteran” players are those that create a solid backbone to incorporate new players. They organize runs, they organize events, they build guilds and communities. They’re the ones that answer questions in map chat. They’re the ones that show off high-end stuff making new players go: “wow – I want to get that – I want to have what that guy has”.

Without them the game isn’t heading in a good direction.
People leave MMOs – that’s true – but the more leave the more things go south.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Personally I think what A-net could and should have done is the following:

- They should not have made us leave the pact, infact, the pact could have played a critical part in end game in the future with a new expansion.

- We could get some kind of mini garrison ala wow only better designed more like a total war style map with various forces we can send to various regions to offer additional aid. During that time, we get a sort of “bonus” event or two in that area triggered only if you sent your forces into that region for that week.

- This could be the “Pact Campaign” event, with new events each week designed to keep the freshness of the game going, you get to pick one of 2 locations in Tyria’s many regions in order to elivate the ongoing affairs and surpress dragon corruption in that location.

- In addition, it could add “mini” personal story replayable segments that have us constantly interacting with the companions of ours in various situations. This could keep us freshly involved with most of the team on a regular basis.

- Finally, the potential to have the ye old “companion” system" from GW1 return in 2, with us picking members of Dragons Watch as available canonfodder during missions who give us unique special follower only abilities and potentially open to extra dialogue over time the more we bring them with us.

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Fighting is competition…

They have leader boards for the different servers, you get points and you score them against each other, you kill each other. True, it is also cooperative play, but it is listed under competitive play for a reason. For the purposes of what I was addressing, having leader boards for dungeon clearing, or timed metas, etc, would be turning PvE into WvW and PvP with adding a competitive side to it.

Dragon.8762

I suppose some people enjoy competing, and that is great for WvW, PvP, but turning PvE into a competition would seriously compromise my enjoyment of this game. I enjoy PvE because it fosters cooperative play. If people really like to compete, why aren’t they doing the competitive game modes?

I like collections, crafting, doing metas in large squads, dungeons and fractals. We have enough problem with people being fearful of PUGS because of meeting up with your average jerk, adding competition to this would only make that vibe worse.

In my suggestion I said this feature should only be a guild feature. Meaning the only way you will ever be apart of the leaderboards is to join a guild. Once the fractal, raid, “hard mode only” dungeon, and endless dungeon is over, it will grade the performance of the group and display them on the leaderboards.

The endless mode dungeon was a feature gw1 had. It had its own leaderboard system, and it was based on Guilds or at least, which guild was being represented. So there won’t be any fear from Pugs, unless your all apart of the same guild.

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

GW2 has a huge amount of end game content. It’s just that you probably play this game way too much.