We need the option to disable player minis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tryhard Pants.9745

Tryhard Pants.9745

Why is this still not in the game? It would improve the already terrible performance and reduce the already terrible screen clutter (why do minis and pets have their own nameplate in the first place??).

Please ANet, people have been asking for this forever.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Who are these people?
I actually hear that for the first time.

Minis are disabled automaticly if there are too many players around anyway

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Heck, let’s ask for an option to disable other player’s avatars as well. That will really reduce screen clutter.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Nagiil.1230

Nagiil.1230

First I need an option to ENABLE my mini permanently … it’s vanisching very often … :/

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Why is this still not in the game? It would improve the already terrible performance and reduce the already terrible screen clutter (why do minis and pets have their own nameplate in the first place??).

Please ANet, people have been asking for this forever.

Pets and Minions need nameplates (as well as health bars) because they are a part of combat. Minipets, perhaps you’re right, maybe they don’t need nameplates, not in the open world, but when selected, a name still needs to be attached to that mini pet so other players (who might like the mini and want one themselves) know what it’s called to search for it.

You can of course, turn off nameplates in options as I do, to reduce clutter. It does turn off other players’ nameplates too though.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Heck, let’s ask for an option to disable other player’s avatars as well. That will really reduce screen clutter.

Got my vote. Though mind you in WvW it could be a problem.