Posted by: Flubbernaut.9584

Flubbernaut.9584

Thatll be cool right?

We should be able to name our raptors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

How many "Yoshi"s will we see? :P

To be honest, yes, it would be really cool.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Yes, we should.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You can name it anything you want. Just keep it in your mind what you named your mount. It can be personal to you. I already named mine “Unnecessary Screen Clutter”. Do we really need more name tags on the screen aside from character names and their pets if playing ranger? How many more names do we need all over the screen before it becomes annoying? Of course if was included as an option to turn mount names off I don’t see a problem.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

Yes, please, also the option to turn mount names off.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Only if they have to be unique like character names so we can hear some more about that.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

It’s a cool idea to think about, but hold your horses for a moment. Where would you see this name? In a little bit of Hero Panel UI? You certainly aren’t going to see your own mount’s name while riding it (just like we don’t see our own nameplate), and another player on a mount is….another player. Showing mount names there makes no sense. Ultimately, any naming would be useless.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah I think this would be cool.

Posted by: Trise.2865

Trise.2865

Though not as personal as making one up ourselves, we can dye the raptors and use the oddly appropriate dye name as its name.

Now if you’ll excuse me… (mounts up) onward, Electro Lemon!

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Meh, why the kitten not. Still not crazy about the things myself but even I can see that it’d make sense to.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

With how you can do a high jump by dismounting the raptor, yoshi will be a fitting title indeed.

i’d prefer to name mine ‘clever girl’ though.

+1 to named mounts.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

oh, from what ive heard so far, i thought it is already a given thign that we can name mounts..

if thats not the case, then i definetely support it..

Isn#t a big feat to add the naming mechanism from ranger pets over to Moutns as well..

Mounts are soomething personal, they should have also names as well, just like ranger pets.
When we ride in real life on horses, we give our ourses names as well, so give my one good reason, aside from solveable name clutter that coudl be easily deactivatable by players in the options menu, why we shouldnt be able to name our mounts in GW2 as well…

First I suggested a whiley ago that namign mount, before i heard its already possible, as part of “legendary mounts”, but then i thoiught, namign shouldnt be exlusive for just legendary mount,s when it can simpyl work like ranger pet naming, which works for all pets too, so no needcto make it anyhow different for mounts.

I hope that naming mounts is part of the game in the final product on 22th september. That its just now only for the simple demo deactivated and not part of the demo.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t think everyone in the game needs to see the names. Too much screen clutter.

Now if ANet wants to make a client side only nameplate so only you can see your mount’s name, that should be good enough.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Legraptorlas

15 chars

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

Even if it is only client side I would love it. Already named mine as the first thing when I got it.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’d like the ability to name them too.

Maybe they could make it like mini pets where the name plate doesn’t show up unless you click on them. Or add it to the characters name plate, since the mount will only appear when you’re riding them.

Even if it was client-side only it’d be nice (I always spend time choosing appropriate names for my mounts in Elder Scrolls Online and those only appear in the menu) but I’d really like to be able to see what other people named their mounts too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

First I suggested a whiley ago that namign mount, before i heard its already possible, as part of “legendary mounts”, but then i thoiught, namign shouldnt be exlusive for just legendary mount,s when it can simpyl work like ranger pet naming, which works for all pets too, so no needcto make it anyhow different for mounts.

“Okay, time to give your horse a na—hey, wait, isn’t that the legendary horse Epona? You can’t rename a legendary horse! I’m pretty sure there’s a law about that.” – Every Stable Registrar in Breath of the Wild when you register Epona.

Sorry, that part of your post made me think of that.

Posted by: Major Domo.9250

Major Domo.9250

+1 for Parappa the Raptor.

/doowop

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

You can name your mount in ESO, but it’s hidden in the menu and no one else can see it. So no one can report me for the offensive name.

I don’t mind if they let you name your mount here. It’s a useless feature though. The mount disappears when you’re not on it so it’s not like ranger pets. Other players would not have the opportunity to see the name of the mount.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

I don’t think everyone in the game needs to see the names. Too much screen clutter.

Now if ANet wants to make a client side only nameplate so only you can see your mount’s name, that should be good enough.

Edited because now Im caffinated : I’d just like to point out that when you mount your Raptor your Ranger pet disapears. This will cut down on the clutter since only one pet or mount name will be showing at a time. I do support naming your mount as I posted this myself to the fourms … maybe they can have a cap on the name characters? Certainly not 19 like when you name your toon.

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

(edited by Purgatori.3645)

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I already named mine Cliff. When I get the other three mounts, they will be named Lefty, Patches, and Tyrone.

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

Yes please anet. Naming our mounts would make them more our own just like ranger pets.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.