Raid drops agony infusions? O_o

yes.

gorse droped this : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precise_9_Agony_Infusion

must be a stealth update that came with the patch

We will have to roll back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You will prob only lose it if you raided after they laid the patch down into the game.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

it is the worst thing that happened to me in weeks

Wish I had your life then, bro…

I wish we could trade, life is very boring as a millionaire

If you are a millionaire and bored then you are doing something wrong. Just because you don’t have to work doesn’t mean you can’t find a job you enjoy. And it certainly means you can afford to go out and take trips around the world and do whatever you feel like (within reason of course). Seriously, no matter how much or how little money you have, if this is the worst thing that has happened to you then you have a kittening awesome life.

Posted by: Meya.1706

Meya.1706

Raid drops agony infusions? O_o

yes.

gorse droped this : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precise_9_Agony_Infusion

must be a stealth update that came with the patch

sry droped this one: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghostly_Infusion_

my mistake

It costs 1k Magnetite shard and 20 gold ! It really sucks for a new player 8D

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Well RIP most of my dailies… At least I did home instance gather last night…

Game’s been down for way too long. I think at this point some sort of compensation for both the losses in progress and the very long downtime would be right. Even something small.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

And this is why daily tasks are bad…. Anet… please… make them into weeklies :/

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

Game’s been down for way too long. I think at this point some sort of compensation for both the losses in progress and the very long downtime would be right. Even something small.

We dont pay any monthly subs, so I dont think any kind of compensation is needed, just because you missed your daily. Please stop being so entitled and greedy, it’s redicilous.

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

A reminder. You don’t own your account. Arena net owns it and allows you to use it. Everything is theirs and any progress is their property.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

A reminder. You don’t own your account. Arena net owns it and allows you to use it. Everything is theirs and any progress is their property.

That is true. However, PR wise it would be bad to let too much time go by without giving something in return to players.

I don’t think we’ve crossed that time point yet, however.

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

I honestly dont get how you manage to cause a bug of such a magnitude…

if (armorAscended == true)
{
delete armor;
};

What could possibly go wrong?
(jk)

List<freelegendaryofchoiceforrollback> legendaryweapon = itemService.fetchItems(ItemTypes.LEGENDARYWEAPON);
legendaryweapon.stream()
.filter(a -> a.getType() == FreeWeaponType.LEGENDARY)
.forEach(a -> playeraffectedbyrollback(a));

or maybe like so?

Fixed it up for you

Looks good right?

no. legendary is a rarity, not a type.
also, no. just… NO.
you butchered it ;_;

(edited by AysonCurrax.3254)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

We will all get outfits that are natty jeans with an ‘I survived the 2016 rollback’ tee right?

[Well, in 2017 so there is time to make sure there is not a worse one.]

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I honestly dont get how you manage to cause a bug of such a magnitude…

if (armorAscended == true)
{
delete armor;
};

What could possibly go wrong?
(jk)

List<freelegendaryofchoiceforrollback> legendaryweapon = itemService.fetchItems(ItemTypes.LEGENDARYWEAPON);
legendaryweapon.stream()
.filter(a -> a.getType() == FreeWeaponType.LEGENDARY)
.forEach(a -> playeraffectedbyrollback(a));

or maybe like so?

Fixed it up for you

Looks good right?

no. legendary is a rarity, not a type.
also, no. just… NO.
you butchered it ;_;

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll fix that line to include “rarity” instead.

I think I did ok for my first time writing code!

Btw, If I accidentally access the gw2 matrix I’ll bring you along.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Hmm, looks like I’ll be playing something else tonight, just in case.

I decided to go and play some GW1, level my dervish a bit.

I can’t even get into GW1. This bug must’ve ruptured the space time continuum of the entire Guild Wars universe!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The log-in servers are offline, but I think the space time continuum is ok.

We’ll share more info as we have it.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

I feel pity for all the precursors looted.

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

it is the worst thing that happened to me in weeks

Wish I had your life then, bro…

I wish we could trade, life is very boring as a millionaire

While I appreciate the offer, I wouldn’t wish my life on anyone… Trust me on this…

Chad.6104

That is true. However, PR wise it would be bad to let too much time go by without giving something in return to players.

We’ve crossed that time point. Arena net needs to send me my 2 gold and 10AP.

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

This is turning into a thing.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

I agree. If the servers are down for another yet, just send up 10AP and 2g, and we’ll call it “good”.

Edit, actually, if you could hook us up with WvW/PvP reward track boosts, and Tomes of Knowledge, that would be awesome. Just the amount we would have recieved, had we been playing.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

But how does ANet differentiate between those who did their daily before the rollback and those that didn’t? It would be easy to tell those who did before the patch and those who didn’t.

If they do stay down until too close to reset time tomorrow, then one could argue for giving players a free daily. But not for today. Especially considering today is patch day. Players should not expect every patch day to go smoothly and should plan accordingly. It would also be different if today was not a regularly scheduled patch day.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Screw Dry Top and the daily event- and map-locked Quartz Farm. The loss of that kitten charged crystal is what irritates me about this.

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

nooooo, my tangled depths hero points T_T

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Game’s been down for way too long. I think at this point some sort of compensation

for both the losses in progress and the very long downtime would be right. Even

something small.

That is true. However, PR wise it would be bad to let too much time go by without

giving something in return to players.

But how does ANet differentiate between those who did their daily before the rollback and those that didn’t? It would be easy to tell those who did before the patch and
those who didn’t.

If they do stay down until too close to reset time tomorrow, then one could argue for giving players a free daily. But not for today. Especially considering today is patch day. Players should not expect every patch day to go smoothly and should plan accordingly. It would also be different if today was not a regularly scheduled patch day.

That was a joke about people who expect things because the server is down for a few
hours, based on the conversation where the guy wanted stuff and I answered him.

This was definitely the one time in almost 2 years that I would have done my daily

Posted by: adriannpeak.3562

adriannpeak.3562

Anymore update about the rollback??

Posted by: Alter.6450

Alter.6450

Thank God I’m a light playing noob and didn’t score and legendary items or something ;3

Wish the servers come back up soon. Got nothing else to do but… prepare… for… my… exams (sob)

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Anymore update about the rollback??

Wondering the same. I had completed 4 maps yesterday before the patch.. few hrs later patch came out.. so hoping I didn’t lose that progress.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Impretty.7509

Impretty.7509

I have been advocating that Anet needs a thumbs up with the shut down & fix … no one needs any kind of compensation..
What bothers me tho, is to think that they aren’t just rolling back.. they are rolling back and trying to fix the patch that caused the problem in order to get the skins back up in the gemstore.
I know that its thier way of revenue (and fine with that) but let us play while you fix.
I will never know the answers I seek

Posted by: KoroNoHiyoko.6382

KoroNoHiyoko.6382

Finally~
i couldn’t log in to even reply earlier TnT

Posted by: JackDrake.4830

JackDrake.4830

Tell you what, should you be so inclined, I’ll happily take one of those Guild Wars 2 baseball cap skins (and maybe the t-shirt skin if you’re feeling exceptionally generous) and call it — not just good, but awesome. I’m a little disappointed about not being able to raid tonight but I would rather have my favorite game back in solid working order tomorrow than have more issues with it tonight.

Thank you for all your hard work; especially when things go sideways. And thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Kinda surprised there are not more ‘OMG my precursor!’ replies. As that’d really be something if someone finally got a pre drop and then rollback, lol.

Chad.6104

Might not be to much longer. Gw1 is back up.

KoroNoHiyoko.6382

Well all I got to loose is about 50 weaponsmith lvls

Posted by: Krystyl Psyanide.2794

Krystyl Psyanide.2794

I think we can stop worrying about a loss of dailies, and prepare ourselves for more serious consequences.

There may not be anything to roll-back to…

Posted by: Spartan Legionnaire.3406

Spartan Legionnaire.3406

OMG ..I have to re-do all W1, W2, W3 raids

Posted by: Grohax.1278

Grohax.1278

kitten , I thought the servers were back since now we can log in here

Posted by: Tiny.6374

Tiny.6374

Please don’t take my PiPs…

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m good – I slept through the patch.

KoroNoHiyoko.6382

Game Workers fighting~!

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

But how does ANet differentiate between those who did their daily before the rollback and those that didn’t? It would be easy to tell those who did before the patch and those who didn’t.

I at least partially disagree. I think it is 100% reasonable to expect a fully playable, bug-free game immediately following a patch.

Yes, MMO’s have a history of iffy bug-filled if not game-breaking patches.

ANet is selling a product (or, depending on how you look at it, providing paid support for a product), whether you’re F2P or not.

As such, as a paying customer (let’s not argue semantics on “paying” here, I know it’s not sub based) it is our right as a consumer to expect a fully functioning product (in this case, perfection). Maybe not demand it, that goes a bit far. Now normally, the result of a defective product is the company repairs or replaces it in a timely manner at no charge. Well, that doesn’t really work with an MMO, since you can’t simply return anything. Which leads to a precedent that goes as far back as at least EQ1: Compensation.

Pretty much every online-component game that either ate items or was down for a significant amount of time has provided some form of compensation for that.
-In EQ1, when a bug ate a player corpse (fell through the world, you had to recover your items off your dead body with your new body), the game masters would restore your items and usually all of the lost exp (you lost a significant amount of experience when you died). And depending on how long it took them to do it, sometimes threw you a “we’re sorry” novelty/trinket item (I kept getting stacks of beer). I don’t know exactly how they did it, but they were able to maintain logs of every item you had and even which slot it was equipped/stored in.
-In WoW, if the servers were down more than 24 hours your account was credited a prorated amount generally equal to total downtime plus 10%, because it was subscription based. If it was down between 8 and 23.9 hours but went down due to a game-breaking bug/glitch, they usually comped you a full day anyway but didn’t really have to, as a form of “we screwed up, sorry”. Can’t have customers paying for a product they can’t use.

KoroNoHiyoko.6382

dobeedoobedooobedoobedoobaaa!!

Posted by: pyrocyborg.4162

pyrocyborg.4162

Kinda surprised there are not more ‘OMG my precursor!’ replies. As that’d really be something if someone finally got a pre drop and then rollback, lol.

Well, I couldn’t login on the forums after the server crashed, but yeah, I most probably lost a precursor as I definitely looted it after the patch. Anyway, it wasn’t anything I needed, but yeah, let’s say I lost a lot of gold (that is… for me, as a new player :P). That and almost two hours worth of crafting mats farming… but hey, I’m probably not alone in that situation!

I’m kittened, I’m not gonna say otherwise, but there is nothing we can do, really.

(edited by pyrocyborg.4162)

Posted by: MissSinfully.2478

MissSinfully.2478

Good lord, I’ve been watching this thread since it started and only now have I been able to log in to reply.

As for the comments about GW1 down, I was on it all day-ish, so it definitely wasn’t completely connected.

MissSinfully
Sonyanna
Dragonhunter

Posted by: Spiritus.8279

Spiritus.8279

I’ve played since launch and never got precursors till recently. 3 in 2 months or so. If they roll back a week I’ll lose 1. Hopefully they just roll back a few hours. Anyway, something good will come of it. There will be a silver lining somewhere. Actually, that would be a nice glider… the Silver Lining Glider.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Well, I couldn’t login on the forums after the server crashed, but yeah, I most probably lost a precursor as I definetely looted it after the patch. Anyway, it wasn’t anything I needed, but yeah, let’s say I lost a lot of gold. That and almost two hours worth of crafting mats farming… but hey, I’m probably not alone in that situation!

I’m kittened, I’m not gonna say otherwise, but there is nothing we can do, really.

Actually you can fill out a support ticket. It’s likely they will replace it as I’m sure they kept the logs

KoroNoHiyoko.6382

Everyone here is so knowledgeable on computers and games… Teach meh (%)o(%)

Posted by: turtleish.3925

turtleish.3925

Posted by: wisprr.4612

wisprr.4612

sigh I know what I desire ANet to give me, a game to play in the next five minutes, then I would forgive all.

Everyone tis just a bit frustrated, and they have a right to be. Blowing off steam here is fine in my book, we are keeping it civil after all, much more so then many other game’s players I’ve seen. Don’t get me started on WoW flame wars over inane things….

By the way, not surprised GW1 is down, they did state they would take down the website at some point too during this process. And Gaile, don’t discount a rupture in the space-time continuum, me and my brother notice them all of the time here in Seattle with the buses: OneBusAway says one just passed us three minutes ago an the next is 27 minutes away only to have one arrive in 3 minutes, telling you, a tear in the fabric of spacetime is the only explanation!

Don’t suppose you would make us love you like in the days of GW1 by giving us a very rough ETA? Purrty pwease? You were always my heroine! Especially after signing me Nightfall box with a gold paw print! =D

Oh yea, I demand a huggle from both Gaile and Gwen after this, as recompense. ^.-

Posted by: Cala Elenion.8359

Cala Elenion.8359

I am disappointed in the lack of understanding.
I am sure ‘they’ did not intent for this to happen and are working their kitten off to fix this.
I’ve been playing since GW1 and it’s not like this is a regular issue.

I send a hug to all the people who are trying to solve the issue.

Posted by: Sophia Aeon.6385

Sophia Aeon.6385

This is an update to the situation where soulbound items have been incorrectly soulbound to the wrong characters. After further investigation we’ve determined that there is damage to almost all character records that were played this morning, not just to those who transferred soulbound items to or from a bank. To repair the damage, we will have to roll back the state of the game and characters to prior to this morning’s release.

I think this is bullcrap, Mike.

Don’t mess with Norn women.

Posted by: Dethroat.3514

Dethroat.3514

Will we have any sort of compensation?

Dethroat – Human – Necromancer – War is Hell [WAR] Leader
Tarnished Coast